Go Beyond textures, kick models to curb! Just who the hell do you think I am?!

Started by DrKoala, September 11, 2010, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Option

Poll
17 (44.7%)
Poll
1 (2.6%)
Poll
5 (13.2%)
Poll
6 (15.8%)
Poll
4 (10.5%)
Poll
5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Model for the sword is perfect.  The inside blue I think needs to be darker though.





You were sayin'? =P
(And yeah, I also made a bit broader since the last preview, since I was told that was still off.)

Anyway. As I said, Excalibur will be the main weapon, and I'll create alternate versions for the Gaia Blade, Sol Blade, Tisiphone Edge, the sword from the official artwork, and... an easter egg sword.

An Easter egg sword?

Only one comes to mind, that fabled blade of wheat...
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The sword looks really beautiful.

The "wings" (?) should be a little larger, though.
At least from what I see.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


 Sword looks good but from the pic it looks like it gets slightly wider as it goes down toward the hilt. Also if you look closely there is a subtle white border around that yellow center. Also this is just something I would do to make it more brawl-ish, instead of it being solid yellow in the center, I would make it a nice light gold.

Just my 4 cents.

New previews... and I'd say I'm getting close to being done.

Quote from: Beyond on September 01, 2011, 12:07:16 AM
Sword looks good but from the pic it looks like it gets slightly wider as it goes down toward the hilt. Also if you look closely there is a subtle white border around that yellow center. Also this is just something I would do to make it more brawl-ish, instead of it being solid yellow in the center, I would make it a nice light gold.

Just my 4 cents.

Only thing I really did about those points was the first thing, since I don't quite know what you actually mean ._.

Got some final previews...
Release should be in the next couple of days.

You double posted -.- Kidding

Felix looks great!

My 3DS friend info, just PM me and I'll add you.
Name:James
FC:0216-0855-5243
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Personally, I still think the hair needs more work...

Other than that, It looks great!

I find that the hair strands looks kinda flat... I can't really describe it... but yeah, the hair, to me, has issues.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: milliondollar mistake on September 02, 2011, 06:25:59 PM
You double posted -.- Kidding

Felix looks great!



Yes. Yes, I did. :vyse:
And thanks. :vyse:

Quote from: Royal_Blade on September 02, 2011, 06:54:25 PM
Personally, I still think the hair needs more work...

Other than that, It looks great!

I find that the hair strands looks kinda flat... I can't really describe it... but yeah, the hair, to me, has issues.

Well sorry, but this is pretty much the closest thing I can get out of Ike's hair.

What reference pic are you using?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Hm... Maybe you should make a new set of irises for Felix? This would make him look less like Ike... Perhaps you could look at Issac's assist trophy for reference? Since well... They are from the same series.

Also, if at all possible, make the bottom of his hair jagged, I'm not 100% sure if that's impossible with the model as it is now, or not... So... Yeah... I'd say focus on the eye texture, and other bits.

Quote from: Ricky (br3) on September 02, 2011, 07:09:58 PM
What reference pic are you using?

This.

There really isn't much other official art that would be useful for reference.

Quote from: Calamitas on September 02, 2011, 07:22:32 PM
This.

There really isn't much other official art that would be useful for reference.
Well... there are these:





These should provide some usefulness.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread