Go Beyond textures, kick models to curb! Just who the hell do you think I am?!

Started by DrKoala, September 11, 2010, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Option

Poll
17 (44.7%)
Poll
1 (2.6%)
Poll
5 (13.2%)
Poll
6 (15.8%)
Poll
4 (10.5%)
Poll
5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Quote from: Roo on October 26, 2011, 08:36:28 PM
2D based Characters? You mean like this concept?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And by "near future," I really mean like, right now thanks to importing.
By 2D-based, he means he'll make hacks of characters that don't have any existing 3D model, like what he did with Vaati.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Roo on October 26, 2011, 08:36:28 PM
2D based Characters? You mean like this concept?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And by "near future," I really mean like, right now thanks to importing.

What Seg said.
So, mainly anime characters, or characters from old 2D / early 3D games.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on October 26, 2011, 08:41:49 PM
Not bad Cal, not bad. I think it's best to just start doing characters that only have sprites, as to how they'll be imported by someone one day or another.

Also, that picture you showed to SDo0m on the blog, will cause me to never sleep again.

Yeah, my train of thought exactly.
Plus, I don't really feel like doing entire models myself from scratch and then import those. . . for that kind of thing, I just don't have enough confidence.

And in that case, you definately shouldn't watch a video that shows what Ghirahim does exactly before his boss fight to Link.

Quote from: Roo on October 26, 2011, 08:36:28 PM2D based Characters? You mean like this concept?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
And by "near future," I really mean like, right now thanks to importing.

So that means legitimate Megaman? I might have to get off my ass for once...

Quote from: Calamitas on October 26, 2011, 08:55:33 PM
And in that case, you definately shouldn't watch a video that shows what Ghirahim does exactly before his boss fight to Link.

[censored]. Is it one of those things that one doesn't want to watch, yet you still end up watching? I'd compare this situation to Two Girls One Cup, or maybe the movie, Paranormal Activity.

Did curiosity kill the pothead cat? Yes.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I usually don't really like showing previews that are this early, but since this is going so smoothly, I thought I might as well.
Face so far was definately easier than I expected, though.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on October 28, 2011, 08:03:24 PM
[censored]. Is it one of those things that one doesn't want to watch, yet you still end up watching? I'd compare this situation to Two Girls One Cup, or maybe the movie, Paranormal Activity.

Did curiosity kill the pothead cat? Yes.

Well, it's not that bad.
But it still is rather sick.
Basically, he teleports behind Link without the latter realizing it, leans over his shoulder, and then sort of. . . sticks out his ridicilously long tongue.  But, he doesn't exactly touch Link with it, he just sort of. . . flails around with it.

Kamina!
Never watched Gurren Lagann, but I know the character :af:
Liking where this is going.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on October 28, 2011, 10:29:21 PM
Never watched Gurren Lagann, but I know the character :af:

Shame on you! Do it NAO (it's on Netflix)

Good luck with Kamina, although even though Ike is probably the best choice I was kind of hoping it'd be over Falcon. "Just-who-the-hell-do-you-think-I-am-PAWNCH!!"



Yeah, mostly texture work from now on.
Final version will have shades, I only disabled them in this preview so that you can get a better view of his face.

Quote from: DocStrange on October 31, 2011, 01:26:08 PM
Good luck with Kamina, although even though Ike is probably the best choice I was kind of hoping it'd be over Falcon. "Just-who-the-hell-do-you-think-I-am-PAWNCH!!"

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=16380

This should do for that.

Dayam.
You work fast Cal.
Lookin' good. Can't wait to see what he looks like with his shades on.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Well, I guess that can easily be blamed on the fact that this entire thing is going way more smoothly than I expected =P

Anyway, I worked some more on the textures since last preview and got now this:


I think he could be a bit skinnier, but still, it's Kamina. Awesome.


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.


Yeah, the only thing I can see that could be improved besides the texture, is that the lower body should be less as wide as the upper body, so he can look like he doesn't have skin painted on a shirt...

Quote from: jokekid on November 01, 2011, 12:10:47 AM
looks kinda blocky...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: MNSTA8 on November 01, 2011, 06:27:05 AM
Yeah, the only thing I can see that could be improved besides the texture, is that the lower body should be less as wide as the upper body, so he can look like he doesn't have skin painted on a shirt...

Well, be glad that you said that now, because I haven't started exporting yet, so I can do something about this more easily. . .