Go Beyond textures, kick models to curb! Just who the hell do you think I am?!

Started by DrKoala, September 11, 2010, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Option

Poll
17 (44.7%)
Poll
1 (2.6%)
Poll
5 (13.2%)
Poll
6 (15.8%)
Poll
4 (10.5%)
Poll
5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 38

You call that feedback? That wasn't feedback. You were doing little more than just stating what it looks like.
Honestly, you could've as well said "Dat kinda looks liek Kamina", and I'd know as much as I do right now.
If you had specified what exactly is "blocky", be it torso, face, arms, legs, or whatever, that would've been feedback. But not what you said.

Edit:
Now, once I'm at it. . .

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'm reaaaaly liking how this is coming out ;D
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on November 01, 2011, 05:33:42 PM
I'm reaaaaly liking how this is coming out ;D

Same here.
:af:

And now, for some first in-game pictures!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Only minor fixes left now, like editing the hair some more, make his neck fit with the rest of his skin tone, add in some details, etc.

I love that [censored]y smile of his :P
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Calamitas on November 01, 2011, 06:07:14 PM
Same here.
:af:

And now, for some first in-game pictures!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Only minor fixes left now, like editing the hair some more, make his neck fit with the rest of his skin tone, add in some details, etc.
WHO THE HELL YA  THINK I AM!

The texture's is kind of weird and the hair isn't spikey enough, but overall it looks good so far. Also please add a Sephiroth sword version, given how stupidly long it looks in the anime.

he has holes in his face/head, its probably cuz u used the bandanna for the glasses, right?

Quote from: JediKnightTemplar on November 01, 2011, 09:55:03 PM
The texture's is kind of weird and the hair isn't spikey enough, but overall it looks good so far.

Not very helpful. How about you tell me what part of the texture exactly is weird? That'd help a bit more, y'know.
As for the hair. . . Kamina's hair isn't exactly all that spiky, so I'm not really going to change much as far as that goes.

Quote from: jokekid on November 01, 2011, 09:58:28 PM
He has holes in his face/head, I guess that's probably because you used the bandanna for the glasses?

Yes, yes it is.
And now I'm having some trouble closing the holes with his hair. . . but it'll work out somehow.

Anyway. . .
I'm not exactly sure whether I'll be able to make his arms perfectly fit together model-wise, so that they don't look weird during animations, so that might become a flaw that'll still be in the released version.
Oh, and the only alternate versions I'm gonna make will be shades, and shadesless.
Just sayin'.


The feet bother me personally not so much for being honest. . . but I guess I can make an alternate version with nulled normals for those who prefer it that way.
Even though I've never done that sort of thing before ._.

Anyway, got some more in-game pics!








SMELL MY  FIST OF MANLINESS!

looks retty nice.

holes are still there... but yh, i can live with it

Quote from: Calamitas on November 01, 2011, 11:27:54 PM
The feet bother me personally not so much for being honest. . . but I guess I can make an alternate version with nulled normals for those who prefer it that way.
Even though I've never done that sort of thing before ._.

Anyway, got some more in-game pics!








SMELL MY  FIST OF MANLINESS!
"When they talk about Team Gurren's badass leader, they're talking about me,
the mighty Kamina!"

I absolutely love the tatoo and bandage textures you did on him,
and dem shades :happy:

Ze previews continue!
And I dare say that I think I'm actually getting the hair of a character right!
Oh yeah, aside from that, you get to see his eyes without the shades for once, as well as the final smash "spiral eyes".

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Really hoping to release this soon, but since I really want this to be as perfect as it is possible for me / want to at least reach the level of Aafyre's Zero/Lelouch, it might still take a while, since I'm really taking care of details this time

 ;D Them blue eyes stare into the core of my soul  :happy:

Very nice so far  ;)
^3^

I think the FS eyes need to be a touch darker, they look a bit out of place in comparison with the rest of the textures as they are now.
The hair is great, I know how much of a pain Ike's hair is to edit so I'm impressed, it's much better than Felix's hair was.

Might I also suggest hexing over UV's #10 and #14 from my Ragna hack... it should sort out the messy texture bit on his forehead ;)