Bone Tree Editor- development thread : Version 1.1 released

Started by TheShyGuy, September 13, 2010, 11:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oh hey, make sure you click 'allow editing' when using the template...
(it works better) ^R-click on 'MDL0'

granted it does get a tad more confusing, but everything works as it should
(it takes a while to load though)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

hmm...

so is progress coming along?? :/
did you get a reply on daniweb??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I dun think I got a reply yet...i haven't worked on it much due to animating =p...atm I'm not on my laptop so I can't see where I left off

December 13, 2010, 11:07:04 PM #108 Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:11:00 PM by SmashClash
Quote from: theshyguy on December 13, 2010, 11:03:47 PM
I dun think I got a reply yet...i haven't worked on it much due to animating =p...atm I'm not on my laptop so I can't see where I left off
Kinda OfT, but how far are you(percentage-wise) towards completion of Galaxy Mario? ;D

@tsg:
I see...

I'll try for ya tomorrow then, if that suits ya :)

I'm getting information overload right now, and I feel like crap
(my head hurts, and I officially have a cold) :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

uhh technically all I gotta do is..hmm...i dun got much to do lol but I'm just looking for things to add. Technically it's just psa needed but that's gnna be quick for me...ill prob finish b4 friday

Quote from: theshyguy on December 14, 2010, 02:17:07 AM
uhh technically all I gotta do is..hmm...i dun got much to do lol but I'm just looking for things to add. Technically it's just psa needed but that's gnna be quick for me...ill prob finish b4 friday
Cool and can't wait to see it!

December 14, 2010, 02:45:31 AM #112 Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 06:55:10 AM by theshyguy
yeh im also helping ssj with sasuke...

on topic: i just got a reply on msdn and im reading a sample code atm...ill edit this if it shows me how to re index the nodes


edit: thanks to the help i got off of msdn i can load a treeview with their bones =). Tomorrow im going to code for the navig. buttons(up,down,left right) to change the tree.

Im planning on allowing you to edit the tree this way:

nav. buttons:
      UP/Down - simply moves the bone up/down
      left - parent = parents parent(lol)
     right - child of previous bone

mouse:
      click 2 bones - swaps places

any ideas go ahead and post...i should/hopefully be done tomorrow


nooo more grids or buttons =p

nice :D

heh...
I guess thanx to me for helping you think of a re-design,
your progg will become moar famous :af2:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 14, 2010, 08:44:09 PM #114 Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:20:30 AM by theshyguy
=p gnna start on it now

edit: i was hoping to be done today but i ran into things with the .exe that i didn't expect(not a problem). Its just taking longer, thats all.

I see... :o

so umm...
how exactly do you load a file into memory??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

well if its a small file you can just read the memory into a txt file...i heard the databases are only good/neccesary for big files

havent read all 8 pages sorry, but does this mean u could make a right handed link, left handed marth, etc...?

Quote from: theshyguy on December 15, 2010, 02:31:43 PM
well if its a small file you can just read the memory into a txt file...i heard the databases are only good/neccesary for big files
?? what??
I think you're off topic...

I'm talking about how you load an mdl0 file into memory for say your bone editor...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 15, 2010, 09:06:57 PM #119 Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:10:40 PM by theshyguy
@jokekid - you mean put the wep on the opposite hand? -> you can already do that in hxd...(maybe you just don't know how) =p.
- oh and if they don't have an opposite haven then you can move the haven bone to that position so yeh..again

@tcll - ohh you mean how i use the file to load...Well in c# is pretty straight forward...heres a code that i just made up that would load it into memory

void LoadFile(Stream input)
{
string path = "users\\blah*blah";
input = File.Open(path,Filemode.open); ->open

binarywriter bw = new binarywriter(input); -> uses the input file
binary reader br = new binaryreader(input); -> uses the input file

position = where to go
byte b = 123;
bw.seek(position,seekorgin.begin)
bw.writebytes( b); -> i could have just typed in 123..

input.close(); -> not reading file anymore->closed-> don't actually have to close...Unless you want to open the same file in a diff .exe
}