Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 57
Author Topic: SUGOI! Another Clone engine topic :af:  (Read 279143 times)
Goronguy
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2011, 03:36:11 PM »

It's obviously Roy over Ivysaur!

Eternal Yoshi
Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #136 on: February 02, 2011, 04:35:42 PM »

-_- Comments like that make me facepalm.

The Roy version that is working still has graphical glitches, but doesn't have the sword in his mouth.

Still needs work before it becomes public.

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #137 on: February 02, 2011, 06:02:44 PM »

Sigh, all ye gentlemen of little faith.

As much as I'd like to dispense with the wit and just release the darn things already, that's not really possible at the moment. You need a remote debugger in order to make them load properly. Rest assured though, that these clones are exact, flawless replicas of their originals.

The problem is not really the fabled "clone engine" - that's child's play - but the actual clones themselves. The modules - the very essence of a character - are what determine whether a moveset has or hasn't been loaded already. That means that even if you were to use multiple .pac files, you would still get only one of the movesets. Thus it is required that the modules themselves be cloned. But there's a catch: modules are very specifically designed to load and manage resources at very specific levels - just copying them isn't enough.

In ordinary cases, the modifications needed in order to make the modules function properly for any character id would be considered relatively simple. In the case of the two clones above, it was only a matter of changing 1 value for each of them at runtime using WiiRD. Even without a USB Gecko, the total sum of changes needed to be made to a module file would be within the range of 10 to 20 lines of ASM code - not a whole lot. However, module files are structured in such a way that even a slight change in the line count would require a massive amount of hex editing. I've spent the last 2 days trying to make a patched module by hand to release along with the pictures, but it was today that I finally realized the sheer scale of the job ahead of me.

If and I when complete the module editor I've been working on, then creating clones will become substantially easier. Once modules can be hacked to work generically for any id, then the rest of the clone engine like adding separate slots to the roster or changing which sound banks are used can all be done with a few simple codes.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #138 on: February 02, 2011, 06:07:40 PM »

Phantomwings i heard/seen that name before

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #139 on: February 02, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »

Creator of PSA.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: February 02, 2011, 06:10:06 PM »

Creator of PSA.
    Now i remember and did he create all those codes we use for are games to work

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #141 on: February 02, 2011, 06:12:01 PM »

As much as I'd like to dispense with the wit and just release the darn things already, that's not really possible at the moment. You need a remote debugger in order to make them load properly. Rest assured though, that these clones are exact, flawless replicas of their originals.

The problem is not really the fabled "clone engine" - that's child's play - but the actual clones themselves. The modules - the very essence of a character - are what determine whether a moveset has or hasn't been loaded already. That means that even if you were to use multiple .pac files, you would still get only one of the movesets. Thus it is required that the modules themselves be cloned. But there's a catch: modules are very specifically designed to load and manage resources at very specific levels - just copying them isn't enough.

In ordinary cases, the modifications needed in order to make the modules function properly for any character id would be considered relatively simple. In the case of the two clones above, it was only a matter of changing 1 value for each of them at runtime using WiiRD. Even without a USB Gecko, the total sum of changes needed to be made to a module file would be within the range of 10 to 20 lines of ASM code - not a whole lot. However, module files are structured in such a way that even a slight change in the line count would require a massive amount of hex editing. I've spent the last 2 days trying to make a patched module by hand to release along with the pictures, but it was today that I finally realized the sheer scale of the job ahead of me.

If and I when complete the module editor I've been working on, then creating clones will become substantially easier. Once modules can be hacked to work generically for any id, then the rest of the clone engine like adding separate slots to the roster or changing which sound banks are used can all be done with a few simple codes.

He who soars on wings has appeared! And at KC! : O

There is hope yet.

Creator of PSA.

Now i remember and did he create all those codes we use for are games to work

He made the File Patch Code. PSA. CSS Organizer. The Stage Roster Expansion codes.... and more.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: February 02, 2011, 06:12:56 PM »

Yup i fully remember him now
    « Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 06:14:10 PM by Sorceress » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Goronguy
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #143 on: February 02, 2011, 06:14:32 PM »

Hmmmmmm, I've never heard of PhantomWings....

Joking, I love PH!

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #144 on: February 02, 2011, 10:16:17 PM »

Flattery will get you everywhere, but for the time being I'm still not officially on the job. As with Dant's case, life has taken the wheel while hacking has gotten stuck with the back seat.

I'm aiming to take a little bit of time near the end of the month to try and get back into the swing of things again.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #145 on: February 02, 2011, 10:21:19 PM »

Flattery will get you everywhere, but for the time being I'm still not officially on the job. As with Dant's case, life has taken the wheel while hacking has gotten stuck with the back seat.

I'm aiming to take a little bit of time near the end of the month to try and get back into the swing of things again.

So you made some new codes or not

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #146 on: February 02, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »

I think he pretty much explained everything that's going on, and together with that, he never said he made a code, what'd he made a code for atm, anyways, for this matter, when knowing what's missing for it to work?

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #147 on: February 03, 2011, 07:04:08 AM »

I was so not expecting this you know...

There is still hope.  Happy Face

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #148 on: February 03, 2011, 12:33:13 PM »

I really wait this.

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #149 on: February 03, 2011, 12:38:09 PM »

Smiley So you're coming back to rework things?

If so, hooray. Cheesy

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 57
    Print
    Jump to: