SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAti0n on March 10, 2011, 05:56:04 PM

1) Trust me, there's a reason why I chose that direction scheme rather than a the control stick.  The reason is in the readme.  As for the model change, I originally wanted him to have an Ultima weapon, however that didn't work out despite trying a number of ways so I scrapped it.  That and the file size increase may have caused it to freeze.

Well, like I said, these aren't real downsides : Meteorain's probably better that way and I assumed model change wasn't possible, I was merely mentionning the only two differences I spotted between this and an original character, which is what impressed me most considering the limitations. However, it's sometimess pretty hard to tell when Cloud's FS ends because Aura disappears during most moves, and I tend not to lose my time during Limit Break. Maybe a little animation when the timer hits 0 ?

Quote2) About V Joe's scarf; it only has about 5 bones (due to the fact that it's Falcon's scarf extended way outwards and behind him), and the bones are also in odd places.  Removing it wouldn't look right, but it's hard to make look good really

Maybe make it smaller to compensate for the low number of bones? It might still look much better than no scarf, and a full-length scarf may not be doable anyway until we can edit bone structure...

Quote3) I actually never noticed that.  It's strange because it should hit since they're moved via X axis (which works because he's facing toward the screen).  However, I'll try Z axis as well to see if that works.

Look at Subaction 60, you actually have both additional hitboxes with a negative x offset. I tested it, removing these three minus signs is enough to fix this issue.

Quote4) That's something I cannot fix.  You see, it only does that because of the particular graphics I used work.  I can't make it do certain hitbox flags when it hits the water, so it'll always be a fire hit.

Too bad, it would have been a nice glitch abuse :P

Also, do you only playtest your characters in 1 vs 1 or also ine free for all ? Cloud has been very balanced so far in both playstyles, but Shadow might be a little bit OP in FFA, so I moved some of DSmash's KB into USmash (as Knockback >> Speed and Combo potential in FFA... It's easy to abuse shield lag caused by someone else to land a DSmash and kill at very, very low percents).

I hope you do how to make a altenate mode , a custom weapon on sonic and good animation

March 10, 2011, 07:42:03 PM #1502 Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 07:49:39 PM by SDo0m InCaRnAti0n
Quote from: neox-the-neobian on March 10, 2011, 07:37:46 PM
I hope you do how to make a altenate mode , a custom weapon on sonic and good animation

Why would I put those up as an option if I didn't :srs:

Though a weapon would only work for certain characters.  If you want it there constantly, then Sonic wouldn't be a good character to do it for.  However, if you only want it for a few subactions then it could definitely work for him.

As far as good animation, well if you've seen any of my PSAs you could answer that question yourself :P

@Plak

Thanks for saying about the DSmash.  I'll fix it when I release V2.

But about the animation for Limit Break, it would be a lot more complex to do than you think.  For one, I'd have to put the necessary code in EVERY subaction and it would get extremely tedious and it brings a whole host of possible problems.  However, I do agree with you in the sense that it's a bit difficult to realise when the move has finished at times due to the odd tendancies of the GFX.

As for the scarf, the problem is that because it's a part of Joe's model, there are two methods of scaling it.  One prevents the scarf from moving at all, the other is simply extremely tedious.  And another problem is the fact that actually, Joe's scarf for this model is probably a bit to small.  In the games that he's in, the scarf is really long (about 1.5 times the length of his entire body).  It's a pretty hard problem to remedy tbh :-\

And actually, after some more playtesting I think that Shadow is a bit OPed in some respects.  I need to tone down quite a few of his moves.

I think how to create a smooth animation and giving a character a weapon are the most needed ones :l


Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on March 10, 2011, 08:40:38 PM
I think how to create a smooth animation and giving a character a weapon are the most needed ones :l

Winner.

I'm suprised you guys want to know about making an animation.  The process itself is extremely simple (especially now with the newer versions of Brawlbox)  It's largely down to creativity, artistic license and judgement.  If you're creating an actual character from a game or something, then you NEED a reference like a video.  With that reference you just need to set stuff into those positions and you're set basically.

March 11, 2011, 12:49:18 PM #1507 Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 12:55:37 PM by Psycho Philia
Maybe it is simple, but I'm sure there are some people here who don't know a lot about Psa and creating animations who would be happy to know how to create animations! And when you have time don't forget to make my "little" request about Shadow sounds.


Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Yeah, I've tried making animations, but I can't make the arms stay in the same place for the whole animation (the ones that aren't moving except for the character moving) it just looks like they're having a muscle spasm there or something XD

I tried to make luigi do a right-handed punch from scratch, it turned out terrible.... :oshi:

^ You really don't get how to make one? I'mma guess that you didn't adjust EVERY frame...

Quote from: Masamune on March 11, 2011, 05:10:00 PM
^ You really don't get how to make one? I'mma guess that you didn't adjust EVERY frame...

No I adjusted each frame lol, it's getting it to look smooth and anatomically correct for that motion...yeah....I'm perfectionist that way XP

In one frame, the arm would be rotated up some, then on the next it'd be rotated down just a little, then next frame it's up again... the changes are minute, but in the actual animation it looks terrible :oshi:

Playing the animation at 100 fps it doesn't look bad, but at 60 fps, yeah....it looks like a spasm lol

Man, you seem to be very stressed with your animations...


After some more playing, I spotted two more glitches :

1) Cloud has FS Aura when holding a Throw Item such as capsules or pokeballs.

2) When using shadow's Aerial Side B to recover, it's possible to teleport directly on the ground with some forward momentum and absolutely no lag, which is nice and probably intended, but then it doesn't seem to register that you've landed. Jumping before having been hit will put you directly in semi-helpless fall without the ability to double jump or use specials. What usually happens is that I teleport to Fsmash, try to chase my opponent off the stage and then die pathetically  -__-

sDo0m, something to note... I said it before.. but I just don't want you to skip it when fixing Cloud:

His Omnislash activates in Versus when doing the Up Taunt anytime (Try it after dying and respawning, or when the match begins, I've done quite a lot with my friends in FFA, also, in the middle of the match, % doesn't matters.)


Any updates on VJ? o.o