SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

August 31, 2011, 06:18:04 PM #4815 Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:28:15 PM by Mewtwo2000
QuoteSDo0m's Dark Void: Sonic Breakdance RELEASED!!

Nice, and sure it's been a lot of work (animating character is tedious for sure, I've needed to do it in the past for stages), but...

Just a constructive criticism...

Wouldn't it look more professional if you moved the bone related to the character/player name thing? I mean, Sonic moves around while that small arrow rests in the middle, only bouncing a little with Sonic. If it followed Sonic, it would have looked better O.o

Would that be fixable? >_<

EDIT: By the way, about the poll... It's good, but it's just one animation for a taunt... PSAs are useful and fun, but taunts...

Anyway, there are not many updates lately, and people are always okay with having new stuff posted in the blog. So go on, I suppose O.o
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Well, it depends.  I'm not sure which bone the name tag is assigned to.  But no matter which bone it will either be long and probably not look as good, or it will either take FOREVER and look worse. 

By the looks of it, it probably follows the Hip bone, which means it's not possible without the animation overall looking worse.

The easiest thing to do actually would probably make the name not visible for the taunt.

Pretty sure the tag is assigned to one of the RotN bones.

Anyway, porting over ROB isn't a GEWD idea even with me being able to repair and remap hurtboxes and references. Too Many Bones and FW's BA can't add that much without breaking the model. :(

Try TLink instead.

August 31, 2011, 06:32:59 PM #4818 Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:37:47 PM by SiLeNtDo0m
Alright, Toon Link it is then.  I will try a basic port, then obviously make suitable edits later.

And I probably won't do a post for the animation.  The 5th option is basically why.

I did suggest on the last page that you could port him over Ness.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 31, 2011, 06:50:17 PM
I did suggest on the last page that you could port him over Ness.

Nope.  Not happening.  Ness doesn't have enough stuff.  And I'm not in the mood for explaining.  If I do Deadpool, it's over Toon Link.  If that doesn't work, he's not happening at all.

Why do you guys think I made that poll for "Chibi Deadpool" before?

I do not remember that...

Anyways, Toon Link is fine. Since I'm not a big fan of Geno.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

August 31, 2011, 08:57:57 PM #4822 Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:00:19 PM by SiLeNtDo0m
Ok, here's the new Deadpool moveset:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Again, this moveset will only happen if the Toon Link port works successfully with minimal glitches.

How come not over Snake? =o
I don't have any good Snake PSAs.
I like the moveset, btw.

Can you possibly do his MVC thing with the health bar and power bar as an alternate final smash?

you could probably retexture marths life bar meter from his final smash...
just throwin the idea out there.

Quote from: SmashClash on August 31, 2011, 09:14:24 PM
How come not over Snake? =o
I don't have any good Snake PSAs.
I like the moveset, btw.

Because Snake doesn't have enough graphic models.  Or suitable projectiles for that matter.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on August 31, 2011, 11:28:20 AM
Hmm...

Well, since Beyond has released his Deadpool I may just have to start my Deadpool moveset up again.  I have quite a few cool ideas in mind, and I've actually got a playstyle idea this time.  HOWEVER, HE WILL NOT BE OVER SNAKE

Reason being is because Snake is rather meh when it comes to PSAing for a character like Deadpool.  He has a lot of articles sure, but most of them are rather obscure to work with and he no simple projectiles (his only projectile is his Homing Missile which is obscure to edit).

So I'd need to port Deadpool over someone else (SDo0m?  Porting?  BLASPHEMY!!!!).  For the kind of stuff I want for Deadpool, I have two options.  Either to port him over ROB, or port him over Toon Link.  ROB has a lot of graphics, whilst Toon Link has a lot of useful articles.

I'll post my new moveset idea later today



Removed the Sonic Generations Breakdance from my Brawlvault.  I don't want it there.  It's still up for download though, the link just takes you straight to the Mediafire page.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on August 31, 2011, 09:53:59 PMBecause Snake doesn't have enough graphic models.  Or suitable projectiles for that matter.
Ok, well, I don't have an amazing Toon Link PSA either. :P

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on August 31, 2011, 09:53:59 PM
Because Snake doesn't have enough graphic models.  Or suitable projectiles for that matter.

Damn.... I want Deadpool.... but I don't want to replace my Mokou PSA (on ROB) and I want to keep Toon Link free for when I make the PSA of one of my OC's......

Well I could always just alternate when I want to play with one or the other.