SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!
Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1784367 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #600 on: January 06, 2011, 10:25:14 AM »

Hey SDo0m, I really like your Shadow. You did a great job giving him a balanced but varied moveset.

However, I get two different freezing issues depending on the pieces of the package I install...

If I try to use your common5.pac I get freezing and beeps upon loading the versus menu (Riivolution and Gecko).

I also get freezing and a beep when I select Shadow as P1 after loading him using Riivolution. P2, P3, P4 still work; all players can use him if I load hacks with Gecko, but I don't get his new sound pack, so I assume this was not the intended loading method.

Thanks for your work, creativity, and any help with these issues.

Hmm strange problems.  Especially the first one (considering that I'm pretty sure it's the one that I'm currently using and it works fine).  For Riivolution, have you tried renaming the common5.pac to common5_en.pac?  That may work but I'm not too sure.  As for the P1 thing, that's probably yet another problem with Riivolution (honestly Riivolution doesn't really like this hack Undecided)

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #601 on: January 06, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »

Hey SDo0m, I really like your Shadow. You did a great job giving him a balanced but varied moveset.

However, I get two different freezing issues depending on the pieces of the package I install...

If I try to use your common5.pac I get freezing and beeps upon loading the versus menu (Riivolution and Gecko).

I also get freezing and a beep when I select Shadow as P1 after loading him using Riivolution. P2, P3, P4 still work; all players can use him if I load hacks with Gecko, but I don't get his new sound pack, so I assume this was not the intended loading method.

Hmm strange problems.  Especially the first one (considering that I'm pretty sure it's the one that I'm currently using and it works fine).  For Riivolution, have you tried renaming the common5.pac to common5_en.pac?  That may work but I'm not too sure.  As for the P1 thing, that's probably yet another problem with Riivolution (honestly Riivolution doesn't really like this hack Undecided)

I stopped using Riivolution because I found it frustrating. Every time I managed to get it to work (Read: Get it to load up the game after numerous no disk errors), whenever I would select a stage, it would give me the dreaded beep of doom right after the applause SFX finishes playing...on pretty much every stage.

I checked my SD numerous times trying to figure out the problem on my own to no avail, it would not stop freezing on my Wii.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #602 on: January 06, 2011, 04:18:50 PM »

i dont use psa's, although i might try ur shadow and viewtiful ^^
    so i voted on the insert answer here... xD

xetan2
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #603 on: January 06, 2011, 05:02:00 PM »

I really like you're Shadow PSA, I was using Mastaklo's shadow, and as with a lot of people, I just really was not much of a fan of the PSA.  I feel you're Shadow captures who shadow is A LOT better, especially with the spawn an item, where he gets his guns like from Shadow the Hedgehog the game. 

I'm trying out your Viewtiful Joe later tonight as well.  I've never played a game with him in it or rarely even heard of him, but I watched the videos for him and liked the way he played so I'm going to try him out:)

Rayn
    Extreme Kitten

I gotta learn to fall asleep at reasonable hours..

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #604 on: January 06, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »

That is pretty weird, especially since it works fine for me and I use Riivolution... it could be the build you're using. try using ShadowSnake's SSB4 Riivolution Loader. It loads everything just fine. AND it can handle up to 10 separate mods (Brawl+, Brawl-, BBrawl, etc). AND it supports any size of SD card. Here's the link. http://koopacteam.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/653/

Vee and Random's Bucketson | Happily married to Velen
    Personas:
    Luxord (Kingdom Hearts)
    Renard/NegaRen (Lapfox Trax)
    Louis (Left 4 Dead)
    Vinyl Scratch (My Little Pony)
    The Kid (Bastion)
    Tumblr!

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #605 on: January 07, 2011, 07:14:54 AM »

I'd just like to quickly say that here's the order of what I'm gonna do for PSAs:

- Deadpool V1 (there won't be a BETA this time, I'll just go straight to V1)
    - Viewtiful Joe V2 (this will take a while because I'm redoing it completely to reduce the file size of everything.  Some moves are going to be completely changed as well)
    - Goku (not sure if it will be a BETA or V1)

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #606 on: January 07, 2011, 08:30:56 AM »

I'd just like to quickly say that here's the order of what I'm gonna do for PSAs:

- Deadpool V1 (there won't be a BETA this time, I'll just go straight to V1)
    - Viewtiful Joe V2 (this will take a while because I'm redoing it completely to reduce the file size of everything.  Some moves are going to be completely changed as well)
    - Goku (not sure if it will be a BETA or V1)

Goku needs his kamehameha Cheesy
    (you could use Samus's final smash graphics)

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• Awards Constructive Hyperactive Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #607 on: January 07, 2011, 06:53:54 PM »

About Goku, I think you should go about it more creatively, he seems to much like C. Falcon besides his specials

To me, Goku should be a flashy character, now you know how your Shadow's AAA combo works? Think about having that on all of Goku's moves except slightly faster.

That doesn't mean the moves should be high powered or rack up damage quick, the whole point is to add flashiness and options to his moveset since he is a master martial artist

Here's an example, his downtilt should be two moves activated by 2 presses of the A button, you can choose NOT to do the second attack, but at certain percentages on certain characters, the second attack may be very beneficial, his down tilt would be a leg sweep and then you press A again to do his handstand double upwards kick, look here in the video: 

Önu

See the idea would be the first hit of the downtilt, the leg sweep, would send the enemy straight up UNLESS the enemy DI's out of the way, if they fail to do so, you can get them with the next move

Also, Up B should be flight, like Pit, for like 5-10 seconds and he can throw out regular A moves or his Aerial attacks like Peach's float

I'm gonna get way more specific with suggestions but I'll take a little time seing as you have 2 other movesets to go through first, I just wanted to show you the idea, I think having him be fast and flashy yet having combo options would make him really fun to play as, because what you described, and I mean no offense, he sounded too much like C. Falcon just with different specials, I just want to help make him as much fun to use as Shadow

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #608 on: January 07, 2011, 07:41:41 PM »

About Goku, I think you should go about it more creatively, he seems to much like C. Falcon besides his specials

To me, Goku should be a flashy character, now you know how your Shadow's AAA combo works? Think about having that on all of Goku's moves except slightly faster.

That doesn't mean the moves should be high powered or rack up damage quick, the whole point is to add flashiness and options to his moveset since he is a master martial artist

Here's an example, his downtilt should be two moves activated by 2 presses of the A button, you can choose NOT to do the second attack, but at certain percentages on certain characters, the second attack may be very beneficial, his down tilt would be a leg sweep and then you press A again to do his handstand double upwards kick, look here in the video: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjYrelVOk-U&feature=related#t=1m51s

See the idea would be the first hit of the downtilt, the leg sweep, would send the enemy straight up UNLESS the enemy DI's out of the way, if they fail to do so, you can get them with the next move

Also, Up B should be flight, like Pit, for like 5-10 seconds and he can throw out regular A moves or his Aerial attacks like Peach's float

I'm gonna get way more specific with suggestions but I'll take a little time seing as you have 2 other movesets to go through first, I just wanted to show you the idea, I think having him be fast and flashy yet having combo options would make him really fun to play as, because what you described, and I mean no offense, he sounded too much like C. Falcon just with different specials, I just want to help make him as much fun to use as Shadow

Listen to to this guy, he knows his stuff...

-but I seriously think he should be Pre-Namek Goku...then have Super Saiyan Goku as a God PSA.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Anivernage
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #609 on: January 07, 2011, 07:53:39 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjYrelVOk-U&feature=related#t=1m51s

I think its better Sodoom´s ideas all moves.
    Maybe the flight will be his run or when he falls you can move in any direction flying.

Well and my ideas are: more fighter in AAA or throwing yellow energy balls.
    and maybe changing the kaioken to a taunt mode and downb to any attack like dragon fist,etc.
    all except this is great =)
    and i like the idea of Velen of the ss goku would be awesome

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #610 on: January 07, 2011, 08:05:28 PM »

@Sanitys Theif

Very interesting concept.  I like it definitely.  In fact I was considering something like it before.  The Goku PSA could essentially function a lot like Full Throttle Sonic in the sense of combos and such.  There are a myriad of possibilities for Goku, the hard thing would be to find one that not only captures the feel of Goku, but also is fun and balanced to play as.  This is something I try to do with all my PSAs really.

The moveset in the OP is definitely NOT the final one.  It's merely the initial one (to be honest I really wanna find a cool way to incorporate the Super Saiyan transformation into the moveset, I'm desperately trying to think of a method that would work because I DON'T want to make a seperate PSA for the SSJ form).

But to be honest, it'll be a while before I work on Goku.  I've Deadpool, V.Joe V2 AND exams to take care of first XD

Problematique
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #611 on: January 08, 2011, 03:14:04 PM »

@ SDo0m

Yeah I thought my issues seemed pretty weird. Riivolution is probably to blame; it seems a bit buggy to me.

Anyway, your upcoming projects sound cool. Take your time though.

@ MrTurtleMan

Next time I get a chance to mess with my Wii, I'll try your suggestions. Thanks.

Problematique
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #612 on: January 08, 2011, 08:22:50 PM »

Ok, well I tried MrTurtleMan's suggestion, but ShadowSnake's Riivoultion set up is basically what I ended up creating myself so my results with his Riivolution were not any different than before (although his pack would have saved me some work to get to this point).

I still can't use the "Newbie" common5.pac from SDo0m's Shadow without freezing my game on Riivolution and/or Gecko, but it's not a big deal. I need to learn to make my own soon anyway. Note: other common5.pac mods DO load properly for me...

However, I did notice that my "P1" freeze from earlier was a false statement - I actually get a freeze whenever any player using a Wiimote selects any character icon (even unmodded) other than Random. I think this is a strange Riivolution issue though. Solution: just use GameCube controllers lol

Thanks for your help guys.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #613 on: January 09, 2011, 08:29:23 AM »

Dang giving Deadpool a sword is a pain in the a**.  Not because it's difficult as such (heck, Snake has quite a few articles that I can just replace without anything really happening), but because of the fact that it positions itself weirdly when placed on the HaveN bone.  It situates the center of the sword at the HaveN rather than the hilt, so I have to do loads of careful and tedious rotation and translation to make it go in the right place @.@

EDIT:  Ok, I got the sword to a decent position.  Here are some progress pics:

This is the Wait1 animation

This is the "Quick as the Wind" dash attack

Since I replaced Snake's RPG with the Katana from BeyondYou's Crono vertex (and since I have yet to change the F Smash), here's a bit of a lulz picture for you....
    « Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:11:24 AM by SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n » Logged

fighter20brawler10
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #614 on: January 09, 2011, 10:22:57 AM »

Deadpool looks pretty good so far. Can't wait till ur done

Pages:  1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: