Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1770911 times)
Ct.OWN
Lol Kitten

Me and ma minions :3

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #630 on: January 11, 2011, 02:12:43 PM »

@ SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n - I seen in one of your posts that you had to stop working on him because his motion file was too big, is it the same way with the rest of your motion edits?

On who?  Deadpool's current state is absolutely fine, and same with Shadow.  Whilst Viewtiful Joe's is gonna be revamped so it will be smaller.
    How small can he get?! Im srs here Last thing we need is an epic dude gone Oompa-Loompa (size-wise. Im srs here VJ looking like an Oompa-Loompa puts a disturbing image in my mind X( )

Yes I mean filesize XD
    Whew.......I thought you would actually shrink VJ. I wonder how small you can make a character?

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #631 on: January 11, 2011, 02:18:10 PM »

^This small  Roll Eyes  :

fighter20brawler10
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #632 on: January 11, 2011, 03:01:22 PM »

^This small  Roll Eyes  :

and who is that? XD

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #633 on: January 11, 2011, 03:03:19 PM »

^Tōshirō Hitsugaya, from Bleach. Tongue

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #634 on: January 12, 2011, 11:38:42 AM »

New poll and Deadpool is coming along ok.  Despite the fact that I have exams, I've been able to juggle revision and study quite well with progress on Deadpool.  I've been having a lot of fun doing animations for him, and I'm sure you guys will enjoy him too ^^

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #635 on: January 12, 2011, 11:44:07 AM »

^Tōshirō Hitsugaya, from Bleach. Tongue

looks more like Issun to me :l

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #636 on: January 12, 2011, 01:26:49 PM »

ssshhh my common sense is tingling...

spidey looks like I see what you did there ...

BigBadBooya
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #637 on: January 12, 2011, 01:50:46 PM »

Yeah, I do mean file size, it is possible to have a move that can be over 500 frames and the file can still be around 30kb. I figured out Nintendo's (well this applies for all things that do with digital animating) secret. XD My Super Gokario's kamehameha X10 for example is over 200 frames, yet it's around 12kb.

It's impossible to rush perfection, but you can still pressure it.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Kyoufu wo oshiete yarou! - I will teach you fear now

O o         
    /¯/________________________/
    { BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHH!!!
    \_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #638 on: January 12, 2011, 02:02:23 PM »

Yeah, I do mean file size, it is possible to have a move that can be over 500 frames and the file can still be around 30kb. I figured out Nintendo's (well this applies for all things that do with digital animating) secret. XD My Super Gokario's kamehameha X10 for example is over 200 frames, yet it's around 12kb.

o.o Is it tedious?  It isn't something lame like removing loads of unnecessary key frames is it?

BigBadBooya
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #639 on: January 12, 2011, 02:56:11 PM »

Well if you already made the move then it will be a very tidous task to remove the key frames that are not needed or used. But if you start with a fresh .chro file and edit it without using the copy/paste to make a move the file size will go down dramatically.

To best explain on how the .chro files are made, picture a notepad file with the frame 1 's  bones info in it (translation, rotation and scale) and frame 2 can act like a second paragraph. Now if you only edit 10 or 11 bones the file will increase but it will hardly be noticeable, but if you use the copy/paste (the one that effects all the bones) it will lock in every bone in the second frame (even the ones that are not used for the animation) and it will double the file size instantly. Just picture that kind of effect but with 20 or 30 frames.

The best thing to do is to edit an animation as you make it, (like with the drag and drop capabilities of the Brawl Box 0.63d Modset 4.0) you can use the copy/paste command that effects 1 bone at a time, but you will more than likely need to delete the scale and translation unless they need to be edited. Sorry if this confuses you, I am not too good at explaining things.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

O o         

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #640 on: January 12, 2011, 03:12:11 PM »

Ah I think I see what you're saying.  So basically, what you're saying is that instead of copying and pasting entire frames (if I want to use the same frame again), I should simply just copy the bones individually or reposition them again?  That would definitely take less time.

Oh yeah and quick question guys.  I plan on changing the Down B Shocking Pink Bomb of Viewtiful Joe (because I plan on revamping him after Deadpool) since I don't really like the current one much at all.  What do you guys think I should change it to (if anyone of you know much about Viewtiful Joe) since I'm currently lacking ideas and I really don't want to keep it the same Undecided?
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:15:13 PM by SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n » Logged

BigBadBooya
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #641 on: January 12, 2011, 03:17:26 PM »

Correct  Grin

And it does make everything a lot more easier, and it's how I can make an animation in around 5-10 minutes. It may take some getting used to at first.

O o         

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #642 on: January 12, 2011, 03:40:10 PM »

Two polls for the price of one XD

Now if only I had a way to make it so the people could choose two poll options.....

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #643 on: January 12, 2011, 03:43:45 PM »

.....I want to change my vote to 8.

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
    Central Thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #644 on: January 13, 2011, 04:35:18 AM »

I just got this feedback from this dude claiming that Shadow was currently to OPed on Youtube.  I thought I'd show you guys his thoughts.

Wow... Just as I finished the last one, Windows updated and restarted my computer. Awesome. So let's try this again. Ok, I like intelligent debates and I'm pretty knowledgeable about the game, so I'll go on with this. I'll give a more in depth review.

Items: Just no. Items are banned from tournaments for a very good reason. That and Shadow would have all the time in the world to get anything that isn't a grenade and just start firing at someone while they're trying to recover. That or they can make one while the enemy is coming back via spawn. The cons don't make a bit of difference in all reality. However, I will add that I like how Shadow was kept in character from his own game, even though that game was composed of extreme ass.

Chaos Control more properly belongs as the Final Smash. It'd be way more acceptable there, especially for people that for some reason like using actual items. It's kind of a pick and choose between your Blast and this, but I'd go for Chaos Control anyday.
    I'll get on to Side B in just a moment.

Just about every single move showcased in the vid were pretty OP as far as damage output. A speedy character should just never be able to dish out over 20% in one hit. Here I'll show you a pretty good recap of what a real character like this would look like as far as damage on each move.

AAA Combo: 21 damage is absolutely absurd. Knock it down to 9 total damage.

Tilts:
    - Forward: Little too much range, drop damage from 11 to 7
    - Up: Drop damage from 12 to 8
    - Down: good to go. no issues.

Dash attack: drop damage from 8 to 4 or 3.

Smash attacks:
    - Forward: Damage from 22 to 13 max, 10 minimum.
    - Up: Damage from 16 to 9, shoots character up instead of to the side.
    - Down: Damage from 28(!?) to 14.

Aerials:
    - Neutral: damage from 9 to 5
    - Forward: damage from 15 to 8, possibly become a spike.
    - Back: damage from 10 to 8.
    - Down: copy Lucas. 14 is pretty absurd.
    - Up: damage from 10 to 6.

Throws: no issues on throws!

B attacks:
    - Neutral: Damage from 10 to 6 or 7.
    - Chaos Spear: Just literally copy the Samus Charge Beam mechanics, but leave the attack animation as is. That way it's not OP in any way, and Shadow can get out and keep charging later if he's in danger of being hit. Even the animation that's involved when an opponent is hit by the charge beam would be good here.
    - Chaotic Hurricane: Drop the damage from 15 to 6, and cause Shadow to not be able to do anything else until he lands. This will prevent abuse with people using it like it's Fox's Side B. People could just short hop and side b all day with this, and that's no good.
    - Up B: Question. Does this cause damage on impact like Zelda? It'd be a good idea to let it do about 7 damage, but not a whole lot of knock back. Also good to make this ability free for you to go any direction, like Fox, Zelda, Shiek, etc.
    - Down B(gound): this just looks weird. This is probably better off as a simple reflector, dealing 4 damage if done on the enemy, and make the graphic and hitbox smaller.
    - Down B(air): Drop damage from 20 to 10 and cause Shadow to not be able to do anything until he lands. "Vulnerable Fall" as I call it. Move would be similar to MK's neutral B, but not as good.

I think that covers just about everything that would make this a bad ass character to toss out in a real Brawl match. I do like this moveset, that's for sure. These changes would make for a perfect contender to participate in a real tournament match. If you can make those changes that'd be hella sweet. Want to collaborate on this and a few ideas I've been having lately for other stuff?

All I ask is that you PLEASE don't seek this guy out and flame him.  He's clearly got some intelligence and doesn't deserve to be flamed.  I just wanted to show you guys and see if you agreed with any of it (I personally disagreed with almost all of it saying that it would just make Shadow needlessly weak, but I would since I don't won't to do anymore Shadow).

Pages:  1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: