SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAti0n on March 08, 2011, 06:10:10 AM
Yeah Naru you do constantly forget that this is MY topic and not a help topic.  And all I can say is that you're probably not looking hard enough or in the wrong place.

Anyways, why has no one given me constructive feedback on Joe yet?  It's kinda bugging me.  Y'all swarm like flies with Cloud, but have nothing to say about the project that I actually care about :-\ I put up a video preview hours ago and only got 3 comments on the vid and nothing from you guys @.@

Yeah, his air combo would be sweet and unic, also, how are you planning to make the bomb this time? And how did you did it last time? o.O

I'm sorry, but I can't say MUCH, I do play as him in TvC, I'm too poor to afford a PS3/360 ( <.> ), but so far it looks good, reminds me of him in TvC, I'll start playing it with a friend using VJ, so I can give proper feedback.

Joe's looking really good, SD.

I was a big fan of your initial Joe PSA, but he was somewhat hard to play with, so I'm glad you're making a new version.

One nitpick, though; you mentioned adding the possibility of activating his VFX at a certain percentage. Will that be like the original VJ PSA? That was one aspect I didn't really care for :/



Quote from: Helter Skelter on March 08, 2011, 02:54:40 PM
Joe's looking really good, SD.

I was a big fan of your initial Joe PSA, but he was somewhat hard to play with, so I'm glad you're making a new version.

One nitpick, though; you mentioned adding the possibility of activating his VFX at a certain percentage. Will that be like the original VJ PSA? That was one aspect I didn't really care for :/



I was a big fan too, but play as him was really easy. I don't think it should be changed a lot. Only the bomb attack really needed to be modified.

Well, SD already said Joe was basically getting a new moveset. A few attacks will remain the same, sure, but a lot are going to be completely new.

TBH, I'd be happy with any changes he makes. We need more PSA's that aren't Cloud, Shadow, etc.

:>.>:

Quote from: Helter Skelter on March 08, 2011, 03:03:58 PM
Well, SD already said Joe was basically getting a new moveset. A few attacks will remain the same, sure, but a lot are going to be completely new.

TBH, I'd be happy with any changes he makes. We need more PSA's that aren't Cloud, Shadow, etc.

:>.>:

What iI wanted to say was that playing as him is easy.


Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on March 08, 2011, 07:57:40 AM
Well, about Joe, I think you're on the right track with animations... Although I would have to know how he plays for me to judge him properly, I do main him in MvC3 (although I suck at that game)...

Say... Have you thought about somehow adding that move he can do in the air? You know, mashing an attack button in the air, then he does a bunch of attacks as you keep mashing it... Although I'm not sure how it would work in Brawl, low hitstun and all.

Anyway, I am looking forward to this.
Also, about Dante, a friend of mine says he wants to work on a few animations for him... Not sure how many, but he's pretty good.

The move you're talking about is Air Joe and I probably will include it actually.  It's a move that I definitely do WANT to include, but stuff like file size for the FitCaptainMotionEtc.pac make it risky (since for the Air Joe to be awesome and look neat, it would need at least 4 or 5 animations, probably more, each with a different attack of the Air Joe).

It would be the Down B in the air btw (instead of that Shocking Pink thing).

As for VFX, it won't be as abusable as with the V1 PSA.  In V1 you could just hold A for a bit and Slow was fully charged, making Joe a complete powerhouse for a bit.  This time round, slow motion will only happen if you use the Final Smash, and yes VFX will trigger when you reach 150%.  It'll do the following things (I made some changes from the OP here):

- Increased power on some moves
- Increased speed on some moves
- Three jumps (?)
- (Hopefully) Increased running speed and hitboxes on the running (i.e. flames for mach speed running)
- Red Hot Kick will pierce through enemies instead of bounce off them
- Voomerang will be fiery and move differently
- Down B will be Mach Speed Rush where he'll do a punch and if you land it you will do a series of lightning fast punches on your foe (constantly knocking them forward) and finishing with an uppercut.  You can interrupt the move by pressing A and do the uppercut early as well.

Oh, and I will also release a version that doesn't have the VFX mode as well (i.e. one that will DEFINITELY work XD)

Yeah, as you can see I constantly experiment with ideas ^^

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAti0n on March 08, 2011, 05:39:05 PM
Quote from: Wolfric on March 08, 2011, 05:38:53 PM
<_> Double post I know, I ninja'ed Page 200  :>.>:

I believe you were meant to post this in Beyond's topic?  I'm not even up to 100 yet o.O

It wasn't even meant to be posted in KC-MM, it was for another matter, hence why I deleted it. XD

Quote from: Wolfric on March 08, 2011, 05:52:45 PM
Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAti0n on March 08, 2011, 05:39:05 PM
Quote from: Wolfric on March 08, 2011, 05:38:53 PM
<_> Double post I know, I ninja'ed Page 200  :>.>:

I believe you were meant to post this in Beyond's topic?  I'm not even up to 100 yet o.O

It wasn't even meant to be posted in KC-MM, it was for another matter, hence why I deleted it. XD

There is a world outside of the KC-MM?! 

OMFGZ MA MINDZ IS BLOWN :oshi:

.....Lulz :P

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAti0n on March 08, 2011, 05:58:13 PM
Quote from: Wolfric on March 08, 2011, 05:52:45 PM
Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAti0n on March 08, 2011, 05:39:05 PM
Quote from: Wolfric on March 08, 2011, 05:38:53 PM
<_> Double post I know, I ninja'ed Page 200  :>.>:

I believe you were meant to post this in Beyond's topic?  I'm not even up to 100 yet o.O

It wasn't even meant to be posted in KC-MM, it was for another matter, hence why I deleted it. XD

There is a world outside of the KC-MM?! 

OMFGZ MA MINDZ IS BLOWN :oshi:

.....Lulz :P

Yeah, and there are G.I.R.L.(S) in this world outside KCMM  :happy:





PMed you both back.  I don't really know why I didn't do it before :-\

EDIT: Oh yeah and here's the introduction to the PSA tutorials!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqG1Y7h9n-g

Again, it's just a sort of intro to ease into PSA and test quality etc.  I'll definitely need to change quite a few things before I record the first proper tutorial.  But enjoy nonetheless XD