SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47


I've come to have a sort of... formula for my animations.

When making an attack, depending on how much start-up the attack has, I'll go between 5 and 10 frames from frame 1 to the start of the attack. Like... If its a strong kick, I'll go maybe 8 frames from frame one to get the initial start up of the frame for the kick. Then, depending on the amount of force I wanna convey, I'll go 3-8 frames ahead for a 'charge'. Then for the actual kick, it'll be between 3 and 5 frames pending the type of attack. After that, its the same thing in reverse order. 3-8 frames of 'charge' but in this case its the cool down for the end of the attack. Then almost always I use 10-12 frames to go back to the wait1 or fall frame which is the last frame. After that... or during... I go in and edit/fix any key frames that need to move at other times.
---



Whats the issue with Deadpools FS?
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

hey sdoom  do you know how i could code a down b that function's like spiderman's where the character flips out of the way with the time manipulatin for the initial dodge but then counter attacks right after. the flip and the attack are in the same animation.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Its the same as any counter. Just a fancy animation to go along with it.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on August 02, 2012, 09:14:18 PM
Its the same as any counter. Just a fancy animation to go along with it.
oh ok thanks
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Quote from: Kagemaru on July 30, 2012, 07:46:40 PM
I've come to have a sort of... formula for my animations.

When making an attack, depending on how much start-up the attack has, I'll go between 5 and 10 frames from frame 1 to the start of the attack. Like... If its a strong kick, I'll go maybe 8 frames from frame one to get the initial start up of the frame for the kick. Then, depending on the amount of force I wanna convey, I'll go 3-8 frames ahead for a 'charge'. Then for the actual kick, it'll be between 3 and 5 frames pending the type of attack. After that, its the same thing in reverse order. 3-8 frames of 'charge' but in this case its the cool down for the end of the attack. Then almost always I use 10-12 frames to go back to the wait1 or fall frame which is the last frame. After that... or during... I go in and edit/fix any key frames that need to move at other times.
---



Whats the issue with Deadpools FS?

Can you define 'start up' and 'cool down' please? I kinda understand the 'charge' and the thing about force but those two terms I can't really figure out. At least not as far as animations are.

I want to get into animations, but I have a feeling people might not like the psa's I make using them. ._. unless a lot of people like Baki... *shrugs*

Quote from: Naruto200Man on August 05, 2012, 04:46:02 PM
Can you define 'start up' and 'cool down' please? I kinda understand the 'charge' and the thing about force but those two terms I can't really figure out. At least not as far as animations are.
Start up is referring to the Wait animation. That's the animation the character uses before going into the attack's, see?

Cool-Down is Kagemaru refering to the amount of time the character gasps or sighs after the attack due to tiredness.

This is common knowledge for PSA'ers, and you've been at it for more than a year and a half...

Quote from: Naruto200Man on August 05, 2012, 04:46:02 PM
I want to get into animations, but I have a feeling people might not like the psa's I make using them. ._. unless a lot of people like Baki... *shrugs*
Thank you for sharing something related to the discussion at hand.


Start-up is reffering to the number of frames at the beginning of the animation before the attack hits.

Like the start up on Snake's Side Smash is long while the start up on Marth's down tilt is short.

cooldown is similar to start-up, because it's basically the number of frames after the attack until they are able to perform another action/motion.

So, the cooldown on Lucas' Up Smash is long, while the cooldown on Sheik's Forward Tilt is low.


Do you understand?

Quote from: jokekid on August 05, 2012, 07:37:14 PM
call it start/end lag xD
^ This.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Albafika on August 05, 2012, 07:06:00 PM
Start up is referring to the Wait animation. That's the animation the character uses before going into the attack's, see?

Cool-Down is Kagemaru refering to the amount of time the character gasps or sighs after the attack due to tiredness.

This is common knowledge for PSA'ers, and you've been at it for more than a year and a half...
Thank you for sharing something related to the discussion at hand.

This response really didn't need the veiled sarcasm added on, especially not since I haven't even touched brawl hacking period for quite a while. (Around a year and a half, and I've forgotten a lot in that time, may as well start from scratch.)

I actually paid more attention to Royal Blades answer, cause 1: it's straightforward and 2: doesn't treat me like a child or have any sarcastic crap tacked on because of my reputation here.

Also, about the baki comment, it's related(However slightly) to my question cause the character I'm wanting to get into animating for is the character in question, thanks for not paying attention.

He said that because it does not relate to any of SDo0m's work in any way. He helped you with your question at least. Be thankful :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on August 05, 2012, 10:55:29 PM
He said that because it does not relate to any of SDo0m's work in any way. He helped you with your question at least. Be thankful :srs:

Look Look let the problem sort its self. And i read his comment it did seem a little scarstic but he didn't have to respond to it either. But you coming in and doing that not really going to fix anything it just makes him angrier. So just leave it alone he took something the wrong way. No point in coming in with faces like this  :srs:.

Every time I see this thread bumped, I'm like "yay more Deadpool info!" and come up short :srs:


Quote from: Haseyo on August 05, 2012, 11:07:59 PM
Every time I see this thread bumped, I'm like "yay more Deadpool info!" and come up short :srs:

I feel you i was like that too. But we won't see any deadpool till after the 17th i think because SDoom goes out of town twice

Quote from: Haseyo on August 05, 2012, 11:07:59 PM
Every time I see this thread bumped, I'm like "yay more Deadpool info!" and come up short :srs:
[/quote]
Patience my friend (and any who feel this way), SDoom is able to put life before hacking, which is something that many others can't do. Updates will come when they come. Though from an animations standpoint, it really was not that long ago that he gave us previews. Takes lots of time to do them right.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread