The Doctor's Creations... I'm done...

Started by DrPanda, October 16, 2010, 02:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

This poll is boring...

Boring option 1
2 (6.1%)
Boring option 2
0 (0%)
Slightly more interesting option
6 (18.2%)
Exciting but possibly deadly option
16 (48.5%)
I don't like options
9 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33


Does Ragna's hair look better now?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

(And if you haven't found it yet Velen, the texture for the other part of his blade is next to his face texture somewhere)

...Honestly. I think it would be a good idea to start the hair from scratch. Angering as it is to say.

Looking at your reference. I see more and more errors in comparison.

Here is your reference again for comparison's sake.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


1. The hair around his face is too long, and you can barely see both of his eyes.

2. The vertices are quite a mess.

I think the main problem for me may be how you distributed the polygons to make the hair. To me, in some places, it looks like you used too much of one area or two many at once to make the hair look like it does.

However, the way it looks now, I think, is a step in the right direction.

That's my two cents, and I'm very sorry if I offended you with this...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Well Fcuk that am I starting again :laugh:

I can fill for both your new critiques though.

I originally intended to use Ike's hair textures and just recolour them, but when I saw them on the model it looked god awful, so I it blocked it all together. I could probably thin the hair over his face though.

The vertices are a mess. They are a mess on almost every Ike with a hair vertex.
The problem is that Ike's hair is one polygon and can't be broken apart. So when you vertex it, you have to be careful not to move them too much or else the normals go to [censored] and you'll have a bunch of vertices flowing through each other :(
If it wasn't all attached, it would be far easier to manage.

Well, I'm not gonna start from scratch on it, so you will just have to make do :-\

Quote from: DrPanda on March 22, 2011, 08:38:50 PM
Well Fcuk that am I starting again :laugh:

I can fill for both your new critiques though.

I originally intended to use Ike's hair textures and just recolour them, but when I saw them on the model it looked god awful, so I it blocked it all together. I could probably thin the hair over his face though.

The vertices are a mess. They are a mess on almost every Ike with a hair vertex.
The problem is that Ike's hair is one polygon and can't be broken apart. So when you vertex it, you have to be careful not to move them too much or else the normals go to [censored] and you'll have a bunch of vertices flowing through each other :(
If it wasn't all attached, it would be far easier to manage.

Well, I'm not gonna start from scratch on it, so you will just have to make do :-\
At least it will be better and greater! xD

Eh...

When will Hazama be released?
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

O_O

I was looking at the pic showing off the knife but what actually caught my eye was the face. It looks a lot closer to Hazama's than I had guessed from the previous shots.

Really impressive, I especially like the last shot!

I'll try to make a machinima short with Ragna and Hazama once you release Hazama.

Quote from: Sorceress on March 22, 2011, 10:47:49 PM
When will Hazama be released?
As soon as I can think up a clever blog post :P

Quote from: Dragonrage on March 22, 2011, 11:05:34 PM
O_O

I was looking at the pic showing off the knife but what actually caught my eye was the face. It looks a lot closer to Hazama's than I had guessed from the previous shots.

Really impressive, I especially like the last shot!

I'll try to make a machinima short with Ragna and Hazama once you release Hazama.
Thank you, I'm quite happy how his expressions turned out (but his hurt face looks more like a "Jizzed in my pants face" from certain angles)

A Machinima would be awesomely ammusing ;D
If only we could get the stage that they fight on at the end (The scene with the huge cauldron... I forget what its called)

Quote from: DrPanda on March 23, 2011, 01:06:10 AM
Quote from: Sorceress on March 22, 2011, 10:47:49 PM
When will Hazama be released?
As soon as I can think up a clever blog post :P


I got one, Evil as green heir can be
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Sorceress on March 23, 2011, 01:07:54 AM
Quote from: DrPanda on March 23, 2011, 01:06:10 AM
Quote from: Sorceress on March 22, 2011, 10:47:49 PM
When will Hazama be released?
As soon as I can think up a clever blog post :P


I got one, Evil as green heir can be
-.-
I meant the whole thing, not just the title...

Quote from: DrPanda on March 23, 2011, 01:11:02 AM
Quote from: Sorceress on March 23, 2011, 01:07:54 AM
Quote from: DrPanda on March 23, 2011, 01:06:10 AM
Quote from: Sorceress on March 22, 2011, 10:47:49 PM
When will Hazama be released?
As soon as I can think up a clever blog post :P


I got one, Evil as green heir can be
-.-
I meant the whole thing, not just the title...
But it is good one though :P
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: DrPanda on March 23, 2011, 01:06:10 AM
Quote from: Sorceress on March 22, 2011, 10:47:49 PM
When will Hazama be released?
As soon as I can think up a clever blog post :P
Just fill the post with pics of Hazama looking cool and have a bunch of trolling in there.  Maybe throw in a couple of shots of him kicking the asses of the various popular characters (Cloud, Zero, Shadow, etc).

It's what Hazama would have wanted.

i think he meant the text stuff...
for ragna u taught us how to be awesome, now teach us how to be evil with a big smile... xDDD

How to kick butt with a smile in style,

Even if in pain, keep on smiling.
Edit:
Also how goes the Ragna recolors?

Well, the first six colors of the Ragna Color pack are hereby completed. I'll get started on the other six soon, but for now, schooling will take priority.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302