Question: :|
|: - 1 (8.3%)
c: - 7 (58.3%)
:[ - 2 (16.7%)
>:U - 2 (16.7%)
:T - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages:  1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 61
Author Topic: Ridley's Lair: Hats  (Read 314129 times)
BlueBrain
God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #645 on: July 01, 2012, 08:02:19 AM »

Oy.

Yeah, I know about the fence, and I fiddled around with it, but I couldn't seem to find a decent solution. I tried screwing with the camera, and I even considered removing it altogether, but I needed it for the Murkrows in the back.

I dunno. I reeeeaaaaaally don't feel like looking at it right now, but I'll keep it in mind and fix it sometime in the near future.
    nice to know u'll think about it, u could always just remove it, and keep only the one in the back

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #646 on: July 01, 2012, 10:23:21 AM »

u may want to edit the fence that's between the camera and fighters, can get annoying some times
    It sure does.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Pin Collector Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #647 on: July 01, 2012, 02:43:41 PM »

Great stage!  It's just what I was looking for.  Now I finally have a place to put all of my extra Castlevania songs.

On the subject of the fence, is it possible to cut the fence in half and remove the front half while keeping the back half?  Or, is that out of the question?  If that can't be done, maybe you could just remove the fence for the Pokemon-less versions of the stage.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #648 on: July 01, 2012, 07:45:24 PM »

Or just make the fence look like ruins. Keep the vital parts intact and make the rest look destroyed.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #649 on: July 01, 2012, 09:22:55 PM »

nice to know u'll think about it, u could always just remove it, and keep only the one in the back

Yep, that is definitely an option, and the one I was considering the most. I just felt it would look weird to me to have a fence in the back and not in the front. I dunno, I have a thing for symmetry, it's a bit of a weakness.

Great stage! It's just what I was looking for. Now I finally have a place to put all of my extra Castlevania songs.

On the subject of the fence, is it possible to cut the fence in half and remove the front half while keeping the back half? Or, is that out of the question? If that can't be done, maybe you could just remove the fence for the Pokemon-less versions of the stage.

Definitely a possibility,like I was saying. I also considered doing it just for the Pokemon-less versions, but I think I'll remove just the front for the Pokemon'd versions as well.

Or just make the fence look like ruins. Keep the vital parts intact and make the rest look destroyed.

Also a possibility. I like it, but it sounds like a pain to me at the moment.

I dunno, I'm satisfied with the stage at the moment and I'd like to take some time to clear my head, work's been stupid the past few days and it's starting to take a toll.

Anyway, I'm glad some of you like it, it really makes me feel good to know that there are some people who appreciate the things I make. Thanks for the feedback, I've definitely taken it all into consideration. :]

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #650 on: July 02, 2012, 04:24:33 AM »

u gotta keep making these custom model stages, cuz this one turned out awesome!

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #651 on: July 02, 2012, 10:14:45 AM »

u gotta keep making these custom model stages, cuz this one turned out awesome!

I don't plan on stopping here. XD

I have quite a few things planned, including that Metroid stage I was working on a while back, as well as an underwater stage that I've been toying around with.

But I need to get my priorities straight. So I've been thinking, and here's a small list I've come up with:

-Finish Poke Trainer
    -Finish Feraligatr
    -Get back to modelling Steampunk Layton
    -Finish the Metroid II stage
    -Try getting started on that underwater stage

... yeah. That's all I got.

ramonM64
    Supreme Kitten

moving past the feeling

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #652 on: July 04, 2012, 03:27:53 AM »

wuh? yer gamma? for awhile now i was wondering where you have been. i noticed it was you after clicking "Mafioso" 's sig and checkin yer vault goods

niice hacks in here. i actually downloaded a lot of these back when i wasnt a member and mindlessly downloaded stuff (without checking description or who made it)

da new stage looks pretty kool. the setting looks interesting. is there a way to edit the camera to sorta be angled and "look down"? that could fix that "fence in da way" issue. it could be a ALT since the camera wont be much of a issue in 4 player matches with everyone spread out. either way, im gonna try it out next time i brawl

thats a big list there, they all sound pretty sweeet. ive seen previews of the first 3.. i think

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #653 on: July 04, 2012, 02:01:05 PM »

wuh? yer gamma? for awhile now i was wondering where you have been. i noticed it was you after clicking "Mafioso" 's sig and checkin yer vault goods

niice hacks in here. i actually downloaded a lot of these back when i wasnt a member and mindlessly downloaded stuff (without checking description or who made it)

da new stage looks pretty kool. the setting looks interesting. is there a way to edit the camera to sorta be angled and "look down"? that could fix that "fence in da way" issue. it could be a ALT since the camera wont be much of a issue in 4 player matches with everyone spread out. either way, im gonna try it out next time i brawl

thats a big list there, they all sound pretty sweeet. ive seen previews of the first 3.. i think

Hee hee, yeah, that's me. I've been changing things around the past few weeks, I got sick of being Ridley.

But thanks! There probably is a way to angle the camera, but I'm not exactly sure how so. I have a hunch that the answer lies in the SceneData BRRES, but I haven't really delved into there yet. I screwed around with the lighting on my Great Fox stage, but that's about it.

Which reminds me, I need to finish that stage too. :|

And yeah, you probably have seen previews of those three, but I didn't post this here so here ya go:

Snoopy looked over the rig and said it was surprisingly good (thanks a lot) and took the liberty of making extra faces for him. I can't seem to get them to change properly though. I'll probably fiddle around with that today or tomorrow.

Ok. So it turns out camera data are stored in the STPM file. So now I know.

However, I decided to forego editing the camera and went ahead and changed the fence. Rather than removing it completely, I lowered it. It made a pretty good difference.

Also, I noticed a lighting problem. Turns out, Luigi's Mansion has separate lighting for the inside and the outside, and changes once you walk past a certain point.

I never noticed that. Im srs here

So I fixed that too. Now it has the spooky moonlit look over the whole stage. Look for yourself:

God, I'm disappointed with myself for releasing the stage in such a mess. >_>

Anyway, I have a few things left to fix, then I'll update the download with the fixed everything. I'll probably have to rerecord the video too. I might just remove the current download, then reupload it...

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #654 on: July 04, 2012, 04:13:58 PM »

with the PokeTrainer's faces, you should only have to do the same thing you do with the eyes, just set them to the proper visibility bones.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #655 on: July 04, 2012, 04:15:47 PM »

with the PokeTrainer's faces, you should only have to do the same thing you do with the eyes, just set them to the proper visibility bones.

Mmhmm, that's what I did, but it didn't seem to do anything for some reason. :|

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #656 on: July 04, 2012, 04:17:23 PM »

Mmhmm, that's what I did, but it didn't seem to do anything for some reason. :|
    did you put the nomal face on his own bone instead of top n?

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #657 on: July 04, 2012, 04:22:49 PM »

did you put the nomal face on his own bone instead of top n?

... is that what FaceM is for?

Oh.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #658 on: July 04, 2012, 04:27:34 PM »

yeah, the normal face should have the FaceM bone for the visibility bone, then the rest would be like the polygon2_ouch to the OuchM for the visibility bone.

and if you can't get it to work, i can try, once i have full internet back... moving kind of sucks like that.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #659 on: July 16, 2012, 03:11:53 PM »

Erhem.

So.

It's been a while.

And honestly, the time between my last post here and now hasn't been spent on working on stuff. /:

But I'm off work for the next few days, so [censored] will get done. Woohoo.

First and foremost, I'm working on fixing up Moonlight Stadium, and, as the title suggests, I'm almost finished.

I did some fancy things with lighting, and I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out. I also fixed the shadows (they were dark blue, not black) and fixed the collisions (the edge collisions were off by quite a bit).

I also lowered the fence in the front, and it is much less noticeable. Here's a recent picture for reference:

All that needs to be done is to apply the changes to every version, re-record a video, then re-release it.

So yeah. Yaaaaay.

kbye

Pages:  1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 61
    Print
    Jump to: