Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Animator(s) needed for new weapons for Snake.  (Read 12101 times)
JOEYSX5
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: December 05, 2010, 10:29:02 AM »

Awesome Face LET'S FIX THIS!  Awesome Face

Since the begaining of Brawl and when Snake was first being released, I was hoping very strongly for him to use the weaponry he's usually being seen used in the Metal Gear series. But, when Brawl was released, I was shocked to notice that Solid Snake lacked, most importaintly, a SOCOM pistol. We'll get to his aimable RPG-7 *smiles*.

StarWaffle told me I should replace Snake's Nikita with the SOCOM instead of the Grenades Wink.

Now, the idea here is to vertex/model replace Snake's Side B move into a SOCOM pistol. Using the help of great animation editors, we could imput the correct animations for these ideas I have in mind to work. I got a ton of ideas on this, but first, I really wanted Snake's SOCOM to be much different than Fox's B move. Since if you edit Snake's side B move, we'll have a few free animations for us to use.

Awesome Face Snake's SOCOM ideas:  Awesome Face

(1) His SOCOM should fire invisable hitboxes that seem to break the sound barrier.
    (2) His SOCOM model should be ZS Samus'. Fox, Falco, and Wolf's are too hard to use.
    (3) His SOCOM should have smoke come out the front of the gun when firing it, along with a small flash.
    (4) If the gun were to miss and hit a wall, there should be a [very] small explosion, around the size of a pinhead.
    (5) Snake should be able to abuse the gun slightly slower than Fox can abuse his gun, though he will need to reload after every 6 shots.
    (6) I want Snake's Nikita missle to be used for somthing; we could replace it with a 2D image and texture it into an empty gun shell that pops out the back of the gun when fired.                  

Now, this will probably be the easiest, I really think Snake's Side Smash needed to be re-done. You know what I mean. It has no distance. I wanted it to fire forward, and not aimed at the ground.

Awesome Face Snake's forward fired RPG-7 ideas:  Awesome Face

(1) Should fire an invisable hitbox that breaks the sound barrier.
    (2) Should be reloadable like Brawl+ (Maybe Brawl -?) Snake's RPG.      

Now first, before anything happens, I want you animators to use Eternal Yoshi's custom Snake taunts as a base.
    You can find it here. Please use the cigaratte version.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=12769

Now, any animators out there willing to help us make Snake's new weapons?
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 10:15:38 PM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 10:54:33 AM »

-Reserved Space for future releases-
    « Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 11:35:20 AM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 09:36:20 PM »

Interesting Ideas, 

I am not a big MGS fan, but the SOCOM pistol seams like a good idea. Just not over his grenades those are his signature weapons (in brawl)   His whole game revolves around them, i think people would be devistated if he lost them.

I Think you should pick your most desired weapon idea and replace his side b, because his nikita really sucks =P 

As for his side smash, i only think it should be shot straight foward if it does signifigantly less damage,   

Why not take advantage of the fact that brawl allows tilted smash attacks and make it when he does an upward tilted side smash that he shoots horixontally across the the stage with lots of range but a lot less knockback.

Anways good luck with this.

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 10:02:19 PM »

Snake definitely needs a pistol. I think anyone can agree with that.
    I kinda agree with Starwaffle about not replacing the grenades, but I do see the advantage animation-wise in allowing him to aim the gun. That would be really neat if it worked out.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 10:14:13 PM »

Snake definitely needs a pistol. I think anyone can agree with that.
    I kinda agree with Starwaffle about not replacing the grenades, but I do see the advantage animation-wise in allowing him to aim the gun. That would be really neat if it worked out.

You know, Iv'e been wondering. Would it be possible to have Snake "pull" the gun out of his holster on his leg, during the animation? Just like Wolf's B move... 
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:52:30 PM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

AGFanProduction
    Holy Kitten

there is a purpose in me being here.

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 10:51:53 PM »

I support the Snake's Pistol Idea, ITS EXCELLENT!

About Wolf's Animation: Fox's Animation Fits Better or Maybe the Falco one?
    This can be done by Animation swap, It to bad that I can't get the Trick to work or I should be working on this right Now!

But the Article 1 on PSA confuses me a bit! :S
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:03:31 PM by AGFanProduction » Logged

*Permission to use Mewtwo PSA hack is granted, only if I'm collaborated in the Brawl Vault Download, otherwise, no permission is given and if is already used, remove download from vault, unless you collaborate me*

AG's PSA/Animation Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=36777.0
    KC-MM Project Mewtwo: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=55338.0
    The *M* Texture thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9737.0
    Godzilla Unleashed Model Importing Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64587.0

Lordgiratina7000
    Expert Kitten

May the Triforce Be Within you..

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 11:31:18 AM »

ofcourse i support this,hmm should the damage be from 8%-12%?

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 01:58:07 PM »

Yeah, we want to keep it all balanced ^_^

His SOCOM should fire invisable hitboxes that cause the slipping effect. Damage should be around 4%-5%, and the knockback (In air) should be decent. It's range should be infinite.
    You should be able to abuse the move as fast as Fox can abuse blaster.

I'm looking at Fox's Nuetral B PSA and Snake's Nuetral B PSA. Actually, this stuff looks possible.
    « Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 02:58:20 PM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 04:10:08 PM »

The Silly animators didn't drawl all of his weapon that's on his hoister, so he can't use that.

You shouldn't change the grenades to be honest. They are in common3.pac and are a vital part of his gameplay.

Not to mention the nades MIGHT be hard coded like Link's bombs.

Replace side B with the socom instead.

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 07:46:08 PM »

Yeah, we want to keep it all balanced ^_^

His SOCOM should fire invisable hitboxes that cause the slipping effect. Damage should be around 4%-5%, and the knockback (In air) should be decent. It's range should be infinite.
    You should be able to abuse the move as fast as Fox can abuse blaster.

I'm looking at Fox's Nuetral B PSA and Snake's Nuetral B PSA. Actually, this stuff looks possible.
    Make a spammable gun move that trips? That seems excessive. Make it do a small amount of knockback, or maybe even no flinching like fox's b.

possibilities:

1. include knockback, but make snake need to "reload" or pause for a moment. Knockback would make the gun feel more realistic since there is a more tangible effect of the gun, and not an invisible hitbox with no flinching.
    Pretty much snake's gun would be similar to falco's, except he can fire up to three shots or so before pausing to reload. The shots should probably be at a faster pace than falco's though, but not quite as fast as fox's firing rate.

The main problem I see is preventing a spammable weapon that makes it easy to lock an enemy into a chained attack; the reload time, distance, etc must be planned to prevent this.

2. Snake has to take some time to aim it before firing; this could make the move more fair but still worth using. He would also be able to fire it at a faster rate.

3. No knockback; Snake fires his gun similar to fox's b.
    The main thing is to make the bullet look like it's hitting something; including a simple puff of smoke when the hitbox connects would work sufficiently. Otherwise, the move would seem like Snake pretending to fire a gun that magically gives damage.
    Pretty much, just make it look decent despite the lack of an article for the bullet.

---------------
    Personally I think an infinite range is a bit unfair. Make it about the range of fox, falco, or wolf's laser. The shots are probably going to move very fast, and it wouldn't be fair to be able to hit someone on the other side of Hyrule Temple as if you're right next to them; it would be like allowing ROB's laser to fire as frequently as fox's.
    ------
    Phew. Long post. Hope it's easy to understand.
    I personally like the 3rd possibility with no flinching, similar to fox's. Tell me what you think, and if you have any other possibilities please share them.

14fan
    Extreme Kitten

I may or may not continue hacking.

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 02:20:32 PM »

I've always dreamed of Snakes final smash breaking the 4th wall and have Snake pull a gun and shoot the closest opponent's stock.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 05:38:52 PM »

Make a spammable gun move that trips? That seems excessive. Make it do a small amount of knockback, or maybe even no flinching like fox's b.

possibilities:

1. include knockback, but make snake need to "reload" or pause for a moment. Knockback would make the gun feel more realistic since there is a more tangible effect of the gun, and not an invisible hitbox with no flinching.
    Pretty much snake's gun would be similar to falco's, except he can fire up to three shots or so before pausing to reload. The shots should probably be at a faster pace than falco's though, but not quite as fast as fox's firing rate.

That's what should be inplanted. I like that idea and thanks for the support.
    Have the bullet impact cause slight flinching. Enough to be effective but not broken.

The Silly animators didn't drawl all of his weapon that's on his hoister, so he can't use that.

I see where you're going. Maybe replacing his side B with the SOCOM is better, like you said.
    If we are replacing his Nikita with the SOCOM, maybe we could use the Nikita bullet as the shell that pops out of the gun while firing it.

We could vertex the Nikita bullet into a tiny bullet shell, using textures that Friedslick sent me from MGS TTS.
    If we play around with PSA, we could cause it to pop out of the back of the gun when firing it.  
    « Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 05:51:04 PM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 08:33:29 PM »

I see where you're going. Maybe replacing his side B with the SOCOM is better, like you said.
    If we are replacing his Nikita with the SOCOM, maybe we could use the Nikita bullet as the shell that pops out of the gun while firing it.

We could vertex the Nikita bullet into a tiny bullet shell, using textures that Friedslick sent me from MGS TTS.
    If we play around with PSA, we could cause it to pop out of the back of the gun when firing it.  
    This sounds perfect.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 05:37:39 AM »

Ok, so we got that idea down. Any ideas for the aimable RPG-7?

It could fire an invisable hitbox that explodes when it reaches it's target.
    It should be just as slow as the regular move, but when the shot hits you, it deals around
    8%-12% damage to keep it from being completly broken. The knockback should be slightly less.

After we think of the right idea we should get some help to work on this and make this actually real.
    I'll try to port Fox's gun over Snake's Nikita and see what happens. 

Edit: Fail, using ZS Samus' instead.
    « Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 11:13:36 PM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 03:43:04 PM »

For the RPG-7 maybe you could make it tilt aim-able, and maybe use the same animation from the nikita just speed-ed up.
    Also idk if this is samus exclusive but she can change between her homing missiles and regular one by using tilts, maybe you can do the same with snake.
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 04:01:17 PM by ASF1nk » Logged

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: