Sol Sanctum- Daily Updates- M:OM Samus FINAL Powersuit Preview

Started by Weyard, December 13, 2010, 08:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Just thought I'd ask.......What do you think of Metroid Other M??

It's good. I didn't have any problems with the story or how Samus was portrayed.
I liked the game but I didn't like the way that Samus was portrayed.
I hated it. They made Samus into a whiny little girl.
I hate other M because Samus showed human emotion. I hate human emotion.
I don't mind that skin texture on Ganon... Although making a cel-shaded version would be epic too!

(I'd say release him as it is... lol)


Ganon will be released after I try out a cell shaded texture. One of my dogs died so I'm not doing any work today.

Even though the hair looks a little weird... i love it. Saturos its my favorite GS character so i will try it right away... and if you can pull off Menardi on Zelda... i think i'll start worshiping you man...

Quote from: saturo96 on June 27, 2011, 12:40:41 AM
Even though the hair looks a little weird... i love it. Saturos its my favorite GS character so i will try it right away... and if you can pull off Menardi on Zelda... i think i'll start worshiping you man...

I don't think I could get the hair perfect. I couldn't get the vertices to work the way I wanted.

I tried Menardi, but the dress wasn't going too good.

--

STATUS


Upcoming:
Slaking- Model 90%/Texture5%
PigGanon-Model100%/Texture90%

Testing:
Jiro
Menardi

--

Looks like Shredder isn't going to happen. Cap Falcon's gloves are on a tilt by default, so it would take a great deal of tedious work to rotate the camera constantly to make them into the spiked gauntlets needed. 

I'm sorry to hear about your dog...  :'(

P.S. I'll admit I'm a tad disappointed about Shredder not working out. But maybe someone could try making him on Ganondorf someday...

Slaking's body is basically finished now. I've made hims quite a bit fatter. Won't be sure if it's enough until I test him ingame.

The only main thing left is to move his eyeballs into place then fix the eyebrow region to fit them. I also have a few pieces of stray hair floating above his head that I need to remove with texture and vertexing.

The texture is just a solid color throughout his body right now, while the face has some outlines so I know where things go.
I might have it far enough along tomorrow for a preview.

-
I don't think I'm going to be able to do Jiro or Menardi from the looks of things. I'm going to attempt both of them one last time this week before removing them from my lists.

I'll look through my old lists and find something to do next, unless someone suggests something that's doable.


Well... then i guess in my brawl will still be one on one Saturos vs Isaac...
about the poll, a lot of your old ideas are realy good and would be cool to see... but how about to make that floating one-eyed rock on Kirby xD....

Quote from: saturo96 on June 27, 2011, 10:36:07 PM
Well... then i guess in my brawl will still be one on one Saturos vs Isaac...
about the poll, a lot of your old ideas are realy good and would be cool to see... but how about to make that floating one-eyed rock on Kirby xD....

I made The Wise One before but I don't know what happened to the file. I used one of the ball kirby models and just did the Wise One texture. I know it didn't turn out very well, so I never uploaded it.

I'm still working on Menardi's dress. 10 patches in and it's still a mess. I'll keep at it for a day or two and see how it turns out.

Slaking preview:



Model: 80%
Texture: 10%

I'm going to move the eyes into correct positions and get rid of that huge chunk of stuff above his head right now.

--

I haven't gotten around to patching Menardi's dress any more since my last post. I'll probably finish Slaking before I start back working on it.

Having some problems with my further vertexing of Slaking. The most recent being that his eyes won't move. When vertexing them, I'm trying to move them apart, into the positions they are in on Slaking's picture, but after moving them and getting back into Brawl Box, the eyes are still in the same position. It's as though it won't let me move them for some reason.

Guess I'll find something else to work on for a while.

I did someone's request for a Prime Version Samus.Textures weren't showing up in 3ds, so I wasn't able to get it entirely accurate, but it's a very nice start. Hopefully someone will take it and finish it up for me at some point.

You can find it here.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20140



I think I might just hit a few more requests before I start a real project. Slaking and Menardi are on hold due to annoyances, for those of you who might have missed it.

New poll is up.

I can either keep working on Menardi and Slaking...which probably won't work out = a waste of time.
Or take up one of my old projects, like Robo. I feel that with some effort I could get my old model presentable....if I can find it.
OR you could just suggest something for me to do, as long as it is not a Dedede, DK, Bowser or Ganondorf hack. I'm kinda in the mood to do something on Samus or Snake in particular.

-Prince Sable or Richard on Toon Link
-Golbez or Exdeath on Samus
-Adam Malkovich (military uniform) on Snake
-Golurk on Samus
-Machrider on Captain Falcon (has this been done yet?)
-Helmet-less Samus (on Samus using one of those Volnutt models)



Quote from: Aether on June 30, 2011, 09:53:49 AM
-Prince Sable or Richard on Toon Link
-Golbez or Exdeath on Samus
-Adam Malkovich (military uniform) on Snake
-Golurk on Samus
-Machrider on Captain Falcon (has this been done yet?)
-Helmet-less Samus (on Samus using one of those Volnutt models)




Most of those have already been done.

I did Golbez remember?
I've saw a mach rider before.
Someone has already made Adam on Snake.
The volnutt models are imports....