Sol Sanctum- Daily Updates- M:OM Samus FINAL Powersuit Preview

Started by Weyard, December 13, 2010, 08:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Just thought I'd ask.......What do you think of Metroid Other M??

It's good. I didn't have any problems with the story or how Samus was portrayed.
I liked the game but I didn't like the way that Samus was portrayed.
I hated it. They made Samus into a whiny little girl.
I hate other M because Samus showed human emotion. I hate human emotion.
Some of the pictures aren't working for me. The only one that I'm seeing is the side-view showing nothing but the legs. How many pictures are in my previous post for you guys?

Quote from: Weyard on July 22, 2011, 06:23:23 PMSome of the pictures aren't working for me. The only one that I'm seeing is the side-view showing nothing but the legs. How many pictures are in my previous post for you guys?
9 in total. 7 on top, 2 below.

k. I guess they're working for everyone else then.
My internet connection is almost nonexistant today. I'm having to refresh pages 10+ times to get them to kick in.

-


^3^ awesome previews :) Can't wait for it to be finished ^3^
^3^

Shoulders are finished now. All the main body parts are finished now so I'm just on the touching up phase.

I might also do a Dark Pirate Trooper as well, since the only difference is that one shoulder is 5-10 quills instead of the normal plating, and some pink splotches on the body.

Those legs are amazing. :O

It's insane how well they turned out.

Quote from: Weyard on July 22, 2011, 07:31:32 PM
I might also do a Dark Pirate Trooper as well...

That would be much appreciated.

Good to see everyone else likes those legs as well as I do :D

Time to start the texture.

Here's the texture rip from the MP2:E Pirate Troopers that I'll be using.



It's a jumbled mess. I can see the pincer "crocomire head" gun, the blade, the face, and the external gem/heart thing. The rest is random stuff. This is gonna be hard....

Quote from: Weyard on July 23, 2011, 02:21:31 AM
Good to see everyone else likes those legs as well as I do :D

Time to start the texture.

Here's the texture rip from the MP2:E Pirate Troopers that I'll be using.



It's a jumbled mess. I can see the pincer "crocomire head" gun, the blade, the face, and the external gem/heart thing. The rest is random stuff. This is gonna be hard....
I wish you luck, my fellow Metroid lover. ._.

Quote from: Weyard on July 23, 2011, 02:21:31 AM
[spoiler]

o_o

Uh... good luck with that.

If that proves to be too difficult, how hard would it be for you to make your own texture? I know texturing can be a pain, especially after vertexing something and having to test to see what part colors where. /:

I'll just piece it together randomly from that sheet if I can't figure out what each individual section is. I want the authenticity that comes from using official textures. It can automatically make something look a lot better (like with pico).

It will be hard, but far from impossible.

If I made my own texture, it would look fine but it wouldn't look nearly as good as this sheet. I can texture pretty well on Samus because everything lines up pretty easy. Sheik's random straps of cloth is what ruined the Zebesian texture from the very beginning.

After looking at it a few times, it is laid out kinda logically at least.

Everything between the "face" at the bottom and "pincer" at the top is all chest texture. The grey part there is the bottom part of the left shoulder.

The tear shaped bubbly grey thing is the tall parts of the shoulders.



I just found this nice little render from MP2 that should help with laying some of it out. I think this model will look pretty close to it once I get the texture on there.




July 23, 2011, 02:39:32 AM #445 Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 03:12:18 AM by Gamma Ridley
Quote from: Weyard on July 23, 2011, 02:36:46 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

For a second, I thought that was your vertex.

I was like, "Wow, that turned out well."  XD

I'm glad to hear that you've figured out the texture. I agree that it will bring more authenticity to the hack.

Can't wait to see more previews. :]

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on July 23, 2011, 02:39:32 AM
For a second, I thought that your vertex.

I was like, "Wow, that turned out well."  XD

I'm glad to hear that you've figured out the texture. I agree that it will bring more authenticity to the hack.

Can't wait to see more previews. :]
lol it probably won't turn out that perfect. I don't think I can get Samus that thin. I'll try it during the final vertexing phases though of course.

and...it's finished.

I still need to test it in-game in a few minutes. I'll be releasing it later today.

Nice! I can't wait to see it!
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Looks like it might be tomorrow before I can release it. I'll hold off on previews as well to build up some suspense..... *dramatic music starts*

I found two pieces that I need to correct. I have already made the Dark trooper as well and will have to edit this piece on it as well. This will take 20 minutes or so each normally. But my computer is lagging and behavin weirdly, so I'm going to shut it off for a while. Plus I'm going to be away from home for a while tonight.

Rather than rush it together in the hour or so that I would have left before going to sleep, I'll just put it off til tomorrow. Hope you all understand.

I think the quality is definitely enough to justify another day anyway.