Sol Sanctum- Daily Updates- M:OM Samus FINAL Powersuit Preview

Started by Weyard, December 13, 2010, 08:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Just thought I'd ask.......What do you think of Metroid Other M??

It's good. I didn't have any problems with the story or how Samus was portrayed.
I liked the game but I didn't like the way that Samus was portrayed.
I hated it. They made Samus into a whiny little girl.
I hate other M because Samus showed human emotion. I hate human emotion.
Of course.  Take your time.  You can't rush quality ;)  I'm sure it's gonna turn out fantastic

I'll still be releasing it tomorrow, but I got time to fix the problem.

I thought I'd just go on and give you all a preview anyway.



I would have liked to have made it's legs thinner, but it wasn't working out.

-

The Dark trooper's colors are wrong, but I'll be releasing it anyway. I haven't got any good pictures of it yet though.
I can't seem to get it to the right pink color. It's always red in-game no matter how much I change the hue.

Space Pirate MP2 version (Samus)

Where is this preview, I cannot find it.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302


HOLY!

O_O

Though the shape could be better on the head if there were more verts.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Prime 2 Space Pirate Trooper has been released.Oh and Dark trooper too






You can find it here:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20909

Aether is forcing me to make an Other M Samus vertex for the Other M psa project in the PSA section. So that will be put before Sveta.


Wow... Pretty nice work, I like how you were able to make that model have more bug like legs. :P

uh...? its just me or they have a mirror like paint job?, because the black space pirate looks like that... damn... pretty twisted looking but realy cool hack of samus...

Quote from: saturo96 on July 25, 2011, 12:08:44 AM
uh...? its just me or they have a mirror like paint job?, because the black space pirate looks like that... damn... pretty twisted looking but realy cool hack of samus...
I think that just naturally happens on Samus.

Samus normally has that shinyness. It is caused by the ref and siro textures. I thought it looked nice on these so I decided to keep it. It didn't really need it though. I made the ref pink on the Dark Trooper, so that's why it looks a bit different on it.

Quote from: Weyard on July 25, 2011, 12:59:59 AM
Samus normally has that shinyness. It is caused by the ref and siro textures. I thought it looked nice on these so I decided to keep it. It didn't really need it though. I made the ref pink on the Dark Trooper, so that's why it looks a bit different on it.

I think the pink is a nice touch. :]

Anyway, can't wait for MOM Samus. You gonna use the models Pride so generously provided?

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on July 25, 2011, 01:01:07 AM
I think the pink is a nice touch. :]

Anyway, can't wait for MOM Samus. You gonna use the models Pride so generously provided?

I'll use the model as a base and steal it's textures I guess. I'll have to find a nice Power Suit texture to start off with so it will look somewhat right as I get into the vertex work.

-

I'm going to update the OP tonight and tomorrow. I might be starting OM Samus tomorrow night.

Use the orange thighed version here and fix colors once you're done.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11701

Its the best Other M Power suit texture around and its colors are the closest.

Quote from: Aether on July 25, 2011, 01:23:46 AM
Use the orange thighed version here and fix colors once you're done.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11701

Its the best Other M Power suit texture around and its colors are the closest.

Why would I use that version? The orange thighs aren't accurate.

The model folder has all 3 suit textures (not that gravity matters as it will just be siro/ref work). I will use those for all the textures after I get the vertex finished. I'll just use Samus's default texture in the meantime I guess.

Bad news though, Samus's model in the folder looks like it is also in pieces, so I'm not sure how to put it back together to view it in 3dsmax. I'll just have to go by screenshots.