Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Hey BJ, I know i'm kind of new around here but i'm actually a hardcore adept multi language programmer, anything i could do to help you out?

Quote from: Tock on January 13, 2013, 09:20:51 PM
I would love to test the MKWii bugfixes... :)

Mmmmk

Quote from: cn04142 on January 14, 2013, 12:27:11 AM
Hey BJ, I know i'm kind of new around here but i'm actually a hardcore adept multi language programmer, anything i could do to help you out?

blargh I typed a response with things you could do but it died or something.
What've you coded before? Would you be more comfortable coding things like file format parsing and rebuilding or things like OpenGL and stuff in 3D space? (the latter would help me out a lot :P)

Quote from: Ikaros Hellscythe on January 14, 2013, 01:47:45 AM
Mmmmk

blargh I typed a response with things you could do but it died or something.
What've you coded before? Would you be more comfortable coding things like file format parsing and rebuilding or things like OpenGL and stuff in 3D space? (the latter would help me out a lot :P)

I would probably be more help with the OpenGL and 3D space stuff because I tend to specialize in code and object manipulation as my first language was java. I code in everything from python to stuff like ruby java javascript action script vb all the types of c as well as old school stuff like bash and batch plus all the web related scripts, my most recent project was a custom instant message client that allows for saving of format of multiple characters for use in a role play and seamlessly switches your format per character you are using, aside from coding i do graphic art along with the web design as well as 3d model and video game design. I'm one of those people who sees something cool and learns how to do it so i can work on whatever you need XD :af:

@black Jax

Open Gl and 3d stuff is basically kinda like porting dolphin into brawlbox?

@cn41042

Welcome to the brawl hacking community
Enjoy your stay!

@Mr.MW
Thanx XD been watching dev for a while now and decided that it might be fun to help out

Quote from: cn04142 on January 14, 2013, 04:03:42 AM
I would probably be more help with the OpenGL and 3D space stuff because I tend to specialize in code and object manipulation as my first language was java. I code in everything from python to stuff like ruby java javascript action script vb all the types of c as well as old school stuff like bash and batch plus all the web related scripts, my most recent project was a custom instant message client that allows for saving of format of multiple characters for use in a role play and seamlessly switches your format per character you are using, aside from coding i do graphic art along with the web design as well as 3d model and video game design. I'm one of those people who sees something cool and learns how to do it so i can work on whatever you need XD :af:
interesting, well BB is made with C# of course, and since u said u know all types of C, hope ur able to help BJ out!
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on January 11, 2013, 11:52:26 PM
ok first off.... r u srsly still on that?

second, how many objects does delfino plaza have again? >_>  cause if there's over 200 objects in that MDL0, then there will be messed up UV's

third... did u extract all the materials and replace them in the new model? cause there ARE some materials in delfino plaza thats set to Clamp and what not...
313 objects.

any chance the new bb version has a tiny fix to make newly added subactions and actions work correctly? since right now they just ignore the codding and go tstance
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

January 15, 2013, 01:06:41 AM #13148 Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:12:00 AM by Ikaros Hellscythe
Quote from: cn04142 on January 14, 2013, 04:23:56 AM
@Mr.MW
Thanx XD been watching dev for a while now and decided that it might be fun to help out

https://code.google.com/p/brawltools2/source/checkout
Here's where you can download the latest source code (last updated 9 days ago).

Feel free to get acquainted with everything and then go ahead and try finishing the bone scale and bone translation controls located in BrawlLib/System/Windows/Forms/Model Previewer/ModelEditControl.cs.

Most of the code you'll need to modify will be under modelPanel1_MouseDown, modelPanel1_MouseMove, GetOrbPoint, and GetScaleControl.

The rotation control already works so don't change that.
I think that's the easiest 3D task still lying around (not that it actually is easy). Good luck. :)

Quote from: Carnage on January 14, 2013, 05:08:26 PM
any chance the new bb version has a tiny fix to make newly added subactions and actions work correctly? since right now they just ignore the codding and go tstance

And what do you suppose I should do about it?

Quote from: Mr.MW on January 14, 2013, 04:15:30 AM
@black Jax

Open Gl and 3d stuff is basically kinda like porting dolphin into brawlbox?

Nope but it involves that.

For whatever reason if you need any other RSAR to test on, this pack has two.
One is the Wii system menu brsar(1MB) and the other is from some other Wii game(16MB).

http://www.mediafire.com/?1mk3m0c364s0w44

Quote from: Ikaros Hellscythe on January 15, 2013, 01:06:41 AM
https://code.google.com/p/brawltools2/source/checkout
Here's where you can download the latest source code (last updated 9 days ago).

Feel free to get acquainted with everything and then go ahead and try finishing the bone scale and bone translation controls located in BrawlLib/System/Windows/Forms/Model Previewer/ModelEditControl.cs.

Most of the code you'll need to modify will be under modelPanel1_MouseDown, modelPanel1_MouseMove, GetOrbPoint, and GetScaleControl.

The rotation control already works so don't change that.
I think that's the easiest 3D task still lying around (not that it actually is easy). Good luck. :)

And what do you suppose I should do about it?

Nope but it involves that.

Thanx i actually have been watching your changelog on it recently ill start working on it

*gets hyped for BJ having help*
i wish i had taken that damn programming thingy...

so the new preview support OpenGL if I understand it correctly?

I hope my computer can handle OpenGL cause I had some problem with OpenGL before D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

I was debating about asking about this for a while now but based on the code after looking more in depth at it i think it might be easily possible to add an auto update function to the main help menu, this way people have easier access to the latest version even if its only minor changes, this way possible bugs can be spotted much faster because the community will be involved in it, the code is also dynamic enough that it could be easily recompiled in parts that are changed leaving only changed parts intact

^^hmm
kinda like a "about" tab that tells u wat version you have and asks you if u want to check for an update
sound cool