Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

same can be said with blender...

though I still would prefer brbx due to the complexities that won't be needed anymore...


as for normals...
I was working on getting normals imported in blender 2.49...
but recent development on UMC has stopped me from working on the script...

I've pretty much set the script down...
(it currently doesn't work anyways due to new implamentations which never got finished) >_>


viewing the normals would be very helpful actually :)


for those who don't know...
the normal is positioned in a certain direction away from [0,0,0]

when viewing this coord inline with [0,0,0], the respective color for the vertex will be full diffuse color.
(modified with the texture of course)

now think of [0,0,0] as the vertex coord with the normal posistion at the same distance and direction.


the normal determines the vertex color in respect to the direction it's viewed at...

I've got a more pictorial representation of this in UMC dev5's notes.

just some interesting info there :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I saw the title... It really got my attention...  :>.>:

Somehow I knew somebody would bring up viewing/editing normals in Brawlbox.
>_>


Quote from: BlackJax96 on March 05, 2013, 11:39:21 PM
Somehow I knew somebody would bring up viewing/editing normals in Brawlbox.
>_>

don't worry BJ... I'll patiently wait ;)

implamenting them should be fairly easy anyways :P
(I have yet to do it in UMC so IDRK)
^ I have yet to finish the new format :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Yo Black Jax

Something that i have not seen in many 3d softwares is the ability to paint directly on 3d models
I wonder if maybe in the future you may be interested in fullfilling such a major task in brawlbox

Quote from: Mr.MW on March 07, 2013, 02:47:45 AM
Yo Black Jax

Something that i have not seen in many 3d softwares is the ability to paint directly on 3d models
I wonder if maybe in the future you may be interested in fullfilling such a major task in brawlbox
i can imagine people just converting their models to mdlo just for this convenience

If you mean like, texturing right on the model, Photoshop can do that as long as you have the right version (CS4 and up, Extended version). That would be a [censored] to program myself.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on March 07, 2013, 02:50:49 AM
If you mean like, texturing right on the model, Photoshop can do that as long as you have the right version (CS4 and up, Extended version). That would be a [censored] to program myself.
ya
well ive tried photoshop extended cs6 but i get an error with open gl and what not so i have not been successful

but yea i can imagine it being a lot of work

Quote from: Mr.MW on March 07, 2013, 02:53:23 AM
ya
well ive tried photoshop extended cs6 but i get an error with open gl and what not so i have not been successful

but yea i can imagine it being a lot of work
Well, this comes to the conclusion that BlackJax should implement a [censored]-to-make program for one individual. Seems logical.




Quote from: Mr.MW on March 07, 2013, 02:47:45 AM
Yo Black Jax

Something that i have not seen in many 3d softwares is the ability to paint directly on 3d models
I wonder if maybe in the future you may be interested in fullfilling such a major task in brawlbox

blender can do this
(Texture Painting)

Post Merge: March 07, 2013, 12:05:27 PM

Quote from: BlackJax96 on March 07, 2013, 02:50:49 AM
If you mean like, texturing right on the model, Photoshop can do that as long as you have the right version (CS4 and up, Extended version). That would be a [censored] to program myself.
BJ
don't program it yourself...
steal it from Blender XDD
they host their src right on their site ;)

EDIT:
and this is the only reason I like Post-Merge.
(can't multiquote well on wii)


EDIT2:
oh yea BTW BJ
I won't be implamenting my Dynamic Modelling system into my Game system...
so when I finish it's development, I'll send you the src ;)

Dynamic Modelling is simply a less complex replacement for NURBS Modelling...

it's like using Blender's Sub-Surf modifier but with MUCH more decent results...
(A cube with the modifier can't make a sphere)
^ a Dynamic cube can

NURBS require 9 points for each face of the cube...
Dynamic Modelling only requires 4 points

to do the math:
NURBS: 9+9+3+3+1+1 = 26 points
Dynamic: 4+4 = 8 points
(don't count the points already used by other faces)


another note:
NURBS can't do triangles
Dynamic can

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.