Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: DSX8-sama on May 29, 2013, 05:16:44 AM
*waits for the dl link to be updated in the vault*

It's updated...
I can edit the zip without changing the download link since I'm using dropbox.

Quote from: BlackJax-sama on May 29, 2013, 05:21:40 AM
It's updated...
I can edit the zip without changing the download link since I'm using dropbox.
oh.. im not used to dropbox cause i was like waiting for the "brawlbox 68c" to be blue instead of a link that i already clicked on x_x
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

May 29, 2013, 11:26:57 AM #14612 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 11:45:42 AM by DarkPika
holy sweet
an update already :D

you're beginning to impress me BJ :)

now I need to catch up XDD

EDIT:
but like my quote on my SWF thread states, dev5 is gonna be a bomber ;)

if dev5 can't deliver...
SHOOT MEH AND BURN MY CORPSE UNTIL THERE'S NOTHING LEFT OF MEH! >=D
I'll only just respawn XD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on May 29, 2013, 11:26:57 AM
holy sweet
an update already :D

you're beginning to impress me BJ :)

now I need to catch up XDD

EDIT:
but like my quote on my SWF thread states, dev5 is gonna be a bomber ;)

if dev5 can't deliver...
SHOOT MEH AND BURN MY CORPSE UNTIL THERE'S NOTHING LEFT OF MEH! >=D
I'll only just respawn XD

Lol thanks
OP better deliver!

Quote from: BlackJax-sama on May 29, 2013, 02:32:56 PMLol thanks OP better deliver!
OP's usually don't deliver, but I don't know about this guy... >_> lol, Just kidding, I don't want to hurt your feelings...
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

Because my old post got lost some 4 pages back...
Quote from: jimbo1qaz on May 28, 2013, 02:54:36 AM
It still crashes when I import anything but the default.
The default has all polygons in a group, and when I explode everything, it doesn't work.
I tested the skpMake/1explode which is simply the default person exploded, and it fails with an OutOfMemory error, despite me having more than 13GB free.
Here are the test files: http://bayfiles.net/file/QpiT/BoKi3d/brawlBoxTestFiles.zip
I did all tests with "Force Float [all]" on and "Add Color Nodes..." off and type set to Stage/Item, and it crashes with all files but the 0's.
Are you planning on fixing it any time soon, or am I just rushing you right after a release?
And also the 0 files are probably invalid for MKWii purposes, as they contain groups. It doesn't really matter if they work or not, as long as the rest work. And if you can get all files to work, it would be even better.

Quote from: jimbo1qaz on May 29, 2013, 08:02:27 PM
Because my old post got lost some 4 pages back...Are you planning on fixing it any time soon, or am I just rushing you right after a release?
And also the 0 files are probably invalid for MKWii purposes, as they contain groups. It doesn't really matter if they work or not, as long as the rest work. And if you can get all files to work, it would be even better.

So what program are you using to make the collada file?

May 29, 2013, 08:27:34 PM #14617 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 08:49:07 PM by jimbo1qaz
I used Sketchup 8 and Make.
I don't know if there's any file-structural difference, but only the 0 files import properly. All the rest crash with an error, generally an "object reference not set to instance..." error.
And I can't find the Dropbox download.
Edit: Download the files here. I didn't zip one of the files.
Edit2: Aaaaand... skpMake/2rect.dae works when I put the rectangle into a group. I really think it's a group-handling problem. And does 3ds Max always put everything into a group? (e: it's skpMake, not that it should matter)
Edit3: I don't know if 3ds Max exports have groups, as Sketchup automatically makes groups out of all imports but seems to remove all groups already present?. But it makes sense that grouping's the reason for the broken import. Is that intentional?

So, I have a question.

Does Brawlbox 0.68/0.68b/0.68c have the ability to edit DefFlags values?

Brawlbox has displayed those values since at least version 0.63, and they have been editable since version 0.65.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I have not seen any way to view and/or edit those in all 0.68 versions of Brawlbox.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The DefFlags value is typically 128; however, most Brawl characters with multi-textured eyes use a value of 160 for their eye objects, and at least 1 character (Dedede) uses a value of 192 for their eye objects.

Not changing the value (when appropriate) typically causes problems with the eye meshes for any character that uses multi-textured eye materials, such as glitchy UV-mapping and/or glitchy textures.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


So, is there a way to edit those in 0.68/b/c? Or will I have to keep using 0.67b whenever I want to edit them?
JoeTE ~ Now copying lifeform data!

Wow, that's actually quite a noticeable part of importing, BJ if we can't edit this in v0.68 you might need to make another version, or atleast update v0.68c. :patrick:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: jimbo1qaz on May 29, 2013, 08:27:34 PM
I used Sketchup 8 and Make.
I don't know if there's any file-structural difference, but only the 0 files import properly. All the rest crash with an error, generally an "object reference not set to instance..." error.
And I can't find the Dropbox download.
Edit: Download the files here. I didn't zip one of the files.
Edit2: Aaaaand... skpMake/2rect.dae works when I put the rectangle into a group. I really think it's a group-handling problem. And does 3ds Max always put everything into a group? (e: it's skpMake, not that it should matter)
Edit3: I don't know if 3ds Max exports have groups, as Sketchup automatically makes groups out of all imports but seems to remove all groups already present?. But it makes sense that grouping's the reason for the broken import. Is that intentional?

From looking at the DAE, I can already see the problem.
Brawlbox's importer reads each node as either a bone or an object with a single geometry instance, like this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


But your sketchup models have only one object with many geometry instances.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


There isn't even a node matrix (implying it's just the identity matrix).

The only way I can think of fixing this would be to create a new object for every geometry instance in a mesh node.

Quote from: JoeTE on May 29, 2013, 09:18:16 PM
So, I have a question.

Does Brawlbox 0.68/0.68b/0.68c have the ability to edit DefFlags values?

Brawlbox has displayed those values since at least version 0.63, and they have been editable since version 0.65.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I have not seen any way to view and/or edit those in all 0.68 versions of Brawlbox.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The DefFlags value is typically 128; however, most Brawl characters with multi-textured eyes use a value of 160 for their eye objects, and at least 1 character (Dedede) uses a value of 192 for their eye objects.

Not changing the value (when appropriate) typically causes problems with the eye meshes for any character that uses multi-textured eye materials, such as glitchy UV-mapping and/or glitchy textures.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


So, is there a way to edit those in 0.68/b/c? Or will I have to keep using 0.67b whenever I want to edit them?

I removed that value because it wasn't actually flags, it was actually the buffer length of the primitive definitions.
The primitive definitions are 224 bytes long, but only 128 bytes of it are used (up to the end of the UVAT groups). The rest of the "section" is filled with 0 (even when the length was set to 160 or 192) so I figured it wasn't necessary.

But apparently it was. I'll make the value editable again and release an update.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on May 29, 2013, 11:00:39 PM
Wow, that's actually quite a noticeable part of importing, BJ if we can't edit this in v0.68 you might need to make another version, or atleast update v0.68c. :patrick:

Don't get your panties in a twist, I'll update v0.68c

Not sure if sarcastic since I'm a male... :>.>:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Hey, a copy and paste collisions function would be nice if that's possible.
V0.68c is orking smooth for me so far.

Quote from: BlackJax-sama on May 29, 2013, 11:26:18 PM
I removed that value because it wasn't actually flags, it was actually the buffer length of the primitive definitions.
The primitive definitions are 224 bytes long, but only 128 bytes of it are used (up to the end of the UVAT groups). The rest of the "section" is filled with 0 (even when the length was set to 160 or 192) so I figured it wasn't necessary.

But apparently it was. I'll make the value editable again and release an update.
Ahh. That makes sense.

Still, changing the length definitely seems to do SOMETHING, and that something has to do with the fact that the objects use more than 1 UV-map. (That's why changing it isn't necessary for characters like Snake and Captain Falcon, since their eyes only use 1 texture and 1 UV-map. It's also why it doesn't seem to be an issue with imported models that only use 1 texture and 1 UV-map for the eyes.)

Thanks for the explanation and the re-editability of that buffer length value. :D

P.S. - Other than that, I've been liking 0.68c so far. Keep up the good work.
JoeTE ~ Now copying lifeform data!

Quote from: JoeTE on May 30, 2013, 12:25:50 AM
Ahh. That makes sense.

Still, changing the length definitely seems to do SOMETHING, and that something has to do with the fact that the objects use more than 1 UV-map. (That's why changing it isn't necessary for characters like Snake and Captain Falcon, since their eyes only use 1 texture and 1 UV-map. It's also why it doesn't seem to be an issue with imported models that only use 1 texture and 1 UV-map for the eyes.)

Thanks for the explanation and the re-editability of that buffer length value. :D

P.S. - Other than that, I've been liking 0.68c so far. Keep up the good work.

Actually, I can auto-calculate the length:
QuoteIf Tex2 through Tex7 are not present, the final 96 bytes do not need to be sent.
    If Tex5 through Tex7 are not present, the final 64 bytes do not need to be sent.
    If Tex7 is not present, the final 32 bytes do not need to be sent.

224 - 96 = 128
224 - 64 = 160
224 - 32 = 192

:vyse:

So it won't be editable still, but the problem is FIXED. :af:

Quote from: Flutterbombsexmachine on May 30, 2013, 12:01:04 AM
Hey, a copy and paste collisions function would be nice if that's possible.
V0.68c is orking smooth for me so far.

Like, copy and paste a collision object? I could probably do that.



Also glad to hear v0.68c is working for you guys.