Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


What have I done?
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

I'm going to be streaming tonight in approximately 5.5 hours.
I'll probably be coding Ikarus or modeling Kurumi, so join if you want.

livestream or joinme? Either works for me.

lol the spam...
those jokes are so recurrent here on this forum... xD

July 04, 2013, 11:12:41 PM #14869 Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:21:41 PM by Anivernage
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on July 04, 2013, 05:38:23 PM
*raises hamm*
Like a hamm

Lol anyways, hey bj
i´ve been wondering about cell shading and if its possible to make a rim with cell shading....shading xP
and im not the only one who thinks about it.
Because no one can get it done, or maybe you can  :af:

also since ive been inactive for 5 months and i wont look at the previous spam pages, ill ask about the Item psaing(coding, editing, whatever.) or you wont make it. inb4 no and a rage bj saying he is leaving BB coding because of my noob question xD

EDIT:[censored] i meant item coding

I got the PMD importer fully working. BB generates two shaders for single color and textured objects.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's sorta pointless though. The models are usually WAY too high poly in their state for MMD, and the models clearly don't have a Brawl boneset.

The only direct uses I see it could be used for are
- importing stage parts
- importing accessories (you can convert .X accessories to .pmd with pmd editor)
- exporting to DAE for use in a modeling program

Just please don't say, "I imported a PMD over insert-character-here and it froze."
I swear that's gonna happen. :notimp:

Quote from: Anivernage on July 04, 2013, 11:12:41 PM
Like a hamm

Lol anyways, hey bj
i´ve been wondering about cell shading and if its possible to make a rim with cell shading....shading xP
and im not the only one who thinks about it.
Because no one can get it done, or maybe you can  :af:

also since ive been inactive for 5 months and i wont look at the previous spam pages, ill ask about the Item psaing(coding, editing, whatever.) or you wont make it. inb4 no and a rage bj saying he is leaving BB coding because of my noob question xD

EDIT:[censored] i meant item coding

Sure and yes Ikarus will support making item movesets.
I parsed item movesets in the past but I lost all the progress. ;-;

hey BJ i imported.. *shot* kidding dun shoot me Q~Q

BB has come so far. little jedi prodigy you are >.> just downloaded 68d. one thing i noticed about it that didn't happen with the others tho is on importing a DAE it tends to crash for me. not sure if its because of the rips i make or otherwise, but it tends to go unresponsive and die. i was able to fix it tho by running it in compatibility for win7.

I have a problem, not sure if it can be remedied. I'm making a Ganondorf PSA and the moveset file has become too large through making new animations. Is there a way to make brawlbox compress the files more so that the file is under the allowed size?
Even though a lot of the animations I've replaced are now shorter the filesize is larger. Shame really, I may not be able to change the grabs.

Quote from: Flutterbombsexmachine on July 08, 2013, 11:46:32 AM
I have a problem, not sure if it can be remedied. I'm making a Ganondorf PSA and the moveset file has become too large through making new animations. Is there a way to make brawlbox compress the files more so that the file is under the allowed size?
Even though a lot of the animations I've replaced are now shorter the filesize is larger. Shame really, I may not be able to change the grabs.
You can set the compression to Lz77



Quote from: Flutterbombsexmachine on July 08, 2013, 11:46:32 AM
I have a problem, not sure if it can be remedied. I'm making a Ganondorf PSA and the moveset file has become too large through making new animations. Is there a way to make brawlbox compress the files more so that the file is under the allowed size?
Even though a lot of the animations I've replaced are now shorter the filesize is larger. Shame really, I may not be able to change the grabs.

Hit the clean button on ALL of the animations. ALL of them.

You might get lucky and find the developers were lazy with their keyframes like they are with Samus. You can clear up TONS of space in Samus's animations if you hit clean on all the animations.


July 09, 2013, 10:25:35 AM #14875 Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:41:26 AM by Flutterbombsexmachine
Quote from: Spex130 on July 08, 2013, 02:26:19 PM
Hit the clean button on ALL of the animations. ALL of them.

You might get lucky and find the developers were lazy with their keyframes like they are with Samus. You can clear up TONS of space in Samus's animations if you hit clean on all the animations.
Interesting, I might try this.

Quote from: BrawlNoob on July 08, 2013, 11:56:20 AM
You can set the compression to Lz77
This sounds easier though so I'll start with this.
[Edit] How do I do this? Sorry for my idiocy.

Thanks for the help guys.

July 09, 2013, 10:49:12 AM #14876 Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:50:52 AM by BrawlNoob
Quote from: Flutterbombsexmachine on July 09, 2013, 10:25:35 AM
Interesting, I might try this.
This sounds easier though so I'll start with this.
[Edit] How do I do this? Sorry for my idiocy.

Thanks for the help guys.
In spoiler
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Quote from: BrawlNoob on July 09, 2013, 10:49:12 AM
In spoiler
Well that was obvious. I only looked in file and edit and stuff, just shows I don't try hard enough.
Thanks again!

Quote from: Flutterbombsexmachine on July 09, 2013, 10:54:20 AM
Well that was obvious. I only looked in file and edit and stuff, just shows I don't try hard enough.
Thanks again!
No problem ;)



Right then. Compression won't work because the file needs to be a .pac so my other option is cleaning all the animations. I'm not entirely sure how tha works. Do I need to go through every frame of every animation hitting the clean button or do I just have to press it once per animation. Also do I need to do it on each bone or just once for each animation/frame with any bone selected?
Once again, sorry to be a bother.