Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

render and tristripper

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Quote from: Segtendo on July 15, 2013, 03:57:29 AM
Will that last option fix the rotation tool's finickiness?

Nope, needs quaternions, already went over this. I'm still researching how to use quaternions; I can't get them to work just right. Although it's not a huge task, so that's why I don't have it up there. I'm sure I'll get it working soon.

Quote from: GBC on July 15, 2013, 03:46:09 AM
i choose the rendering shaders in BB one. that seems like somthing we could use since its pretty tedious having to keep reimporting into the game/dolphin just to check out shine quality and stuff like that. the tristripper we dont really need since u can lower ur models poly count in 3ds max by just deleted rows of edges in the edit poly modifier which dosent ruin the geometry of the model like the proptimize modifier does

True, but you can vote for two options and triangle optimization isn't a bad idea, since it frees up space for approximately 3x as many vertices.


Tangnet editing on animation is my first choice!

the next choice would be shading or trishipper
Stupid Tinypic :C

July 15, 2013, 10:14:24 AM #14899 Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:21:19 AM by Eternal Yoshi
You know what I'm gonna choose; the tristripper/trifanner.
Model imports will be better overall, we'll be able to up the poly count of our imports AND have less lag for said models and stages.

No more compensating for that issue by lowering the edge/poly count and making the model look worse.

Quote from: GBC on July 15, 2013, 03:46:09 AM
i choose the rendering shaders in BB one. that seems like somthing we could use since its pretty tedious having to keep reimporting into the game/dolphin just to check out shine quality and stuff like that. the tristripper we dont really need since u can lower ur models poly count in 3ds max by just deleted rows of edges in the edit poly modifier which dosent ruin the geometry of the model like the proptimize modifier does

You'd have to lower the poly count by a lot to adequately compensate for the current model importer's problem; You need to be at about 2/3 the edge/tri count of the original char to truly compensate and have guaranteed laglessness.

I voted Tristripper/Trifanner and REL/DOL editing.

We need higher quality models with little to no lag, and the ability to add things like projectiles and Special Grabs to characters. =P And if I had the money I'd give you a $5 through $10 donation...
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

shouldnt rel editting be part of ikarus? (at least character rels)

July 15, 2013, 08:39:54 PM #14902 Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:51:12 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: joke king on July 15, 2013, 05:43:43 PM
shouldnt rel editting be part of ikarus? (at least character rels)
who says brbx can't be a general script editor??
Ikarus is a logic editor, though I do agree it should have script support :/
but turning it into a full-out script editor would confuse things a little...

anyways, BJ found a bug with BRSTM creation...
not sure if fixed :/

when selecting the wav for the new BRSTM and clicking 'play' on the creation dialog, you get an error.

EDIT:
I voted for Advanced texturing and scripts btw... :P
though I also put an extra one for the Tangent Animation editor
(very useful)


EDIT2:
forget the bug report... it's my machine...
just tried version 0.67b and it did the same thing...
I probably need to reset my sound driver... heh

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

i also tough rel editing would be part of ikarus and not bb since the rel is all about the moveset and not the models if we could rel edit we could finaly maybe find out how to add new projectiles and such
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on July 16, 2013, 02:47:00 PM
i also tough rel editing would be part of ikarus and not bb since the rel is all about the moveset and not the models if we could rel edit we could finaly maybe find out how to add new projectiles and such
that's exactly why I say script support

keep in mind REL deals with the entire API, not just characters...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Do you guys plan on editing rels from games like MKWii in a Brawl-specific program? :srs:

Quote from: Young Lad on July 16, 2013, 05:22:03 PM
Do you guys plan on editing rels from games like MKWii in a Brawl-specific program? :srs:
what? i didnt even know mkwii had rels lol i just want to be able to edit char and stage rels to add articles and damage on stages :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ikarus will probably (not guaranteed) have character-specific rel editing support, and Brawlbox will have full rel support.

If I get to it that is.
It looks like it's not top priority right now.

July 16, 2013, 06:23:10 PM #14908 Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:27:32 PM by DarkPika
my personal opinion as to your full program order:
- REL scripts
- GX advanced texturing
- TriStripper (models REALLY need less data)
- animation curve editor

I can remove my vote from the advanced texturing if you like :)
(I really want to edit the gut's of braw's engine)

EDIT:
I mean think about it...
I could add fur support, or improve the SD card interface ;3
or even implament USB support ;D

*removes vote*

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Better DAE support?
<shot>

Will the tristripper interfere with Mario Kart Wii?