Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xaj on October 10, 2013, 11:35:14 PM
The bone's FrameMatrix is already relative to the origin.

Do you want it to play an animation up to frame 290 and stop? You can just set the animation to last only 290 frames and not loop.

Otherwise, like I said, if you want to take an entire frame out of one animation and put it in another, you can use the Copy and Paste buttons under Transform All in the CHR0 editor.

You can get click Copy while viewing frame 290, create a new animation by right clicking an already existing animation in the list and choosing "Create New CHR0", then click Paste on frame 1 and you'll have made a new animation with all the bones keyframed in the positions they were at in frame 290.

Seems like adding a feature that cuts out a frame and puts it into a new animation would be pretty unnecessary and wouldn't be used most of the time, since there's a quick process that can do that and more already.
Daaang. Never even thought of using Transform All! Thanks dude.

Quote from: libertyernie on October 11, 2013, 12:45:16 AM
Daaang. Never even thought of using Transform All! Thanks dude.

No problem man.


By the way, is there a method for doing the same thing with a VIS0?


A small feedback:

On the old Brawlboxes (before you started developing), when making stages, one would have to change the model's transition/scale/rotation while selecting the proper animation AND while unselected so you could see the changes in the collision viewer afterwards. However, nowadays, Brawlbox won't let you change those values if no animation is selected. Is it a bug or something?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Yeah, that was a bug at once point. I can't remember exactly when, but I fixed it.
It definitely works in v0.69, which I'm releasing tomorrow. There's been quite a few bugfixes since v0.68d.

Quote from: baLCKJaCKS98 on October 13, 2013, 06:06:19 AM
Yeah, that was a bug at once point. I can't remember exactly when, but I fixed it.
It definitely works in v0.69, which I'm releasing tomorrow. There's been quite a few bugfixes since v0.68d.

:vyse:
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


October 13, 2013, 11:27:24 AM #15307 Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 11:34:30 AM by Sky Grounder
Just a quick request, can you change the names of certain values in STPM files to this?:

Value28 - PauseCamZoomIn
Value29 - PauseCamZoomDefault
Value30 - PauseCamZoomOut
Value31 - PauseCamRotY-
Value32 - PauseCamRotY+
Value33 - PauseCamRotX-
Value34 - PauseCamRotX+

The values defines the limit of how much you can zoom out the pausecamera, how much you can rotate it etc.
Example: If I were to set the PauseCamRotY+ to 90, I would be able to see straight down at the stage from above when pausing the game.

PauseCamZoomDefault is the zoom value you get when switching between focusing on characters on the pausescreen, and you switch to not focusing on any character.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

A question...

Is there any easy way of combining polygons of two characters already rigged to the same character? As in, getting the arms of one rig and the rest of another one without need to re-rig it entirely again?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


October 13, 2013, 04:08:14 PM #15309 Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 04:10:19 PM by Akeno-sempai DARKBLISS
Quote from: br3compactor on October 13, 2013, 02:53:20 PM
A question...

Is there any easy way of combining polygons of two characters already rigged to the same character? As in, getting the arms of one rig and the rest of another one without need to re-rig it entirely again?

^This^
There's the export/replace on them, but it's not possible to replace them...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Sky Grounder on October 13, 2013, 11:27:24 AM
Just a quick request, can you change the names of certain values in STPM files to this?:

Value28 - PauseCamZoomIn
Value29 - PauseCamZoomDefault
Value30 - PauseCamZoomOut
Value31 - PauseCamRotY-
Value32 - PauseCamRotY+
Value33 - PauseCamRotX-
Value34 - PauseCamRotX+

This, plz. Editing STPM files would be much better if I knew what most of the things in there were.


There seems to be a bug when I change the position/size of a character.  In the game, Ludwig is floats on the kart, and is positioned a couple inches away from the steering wheel.  So I try to position him, using the Edit All function on the brres in Brawlbox v68.d.



But when I input all of that, this happens.



This has been affecting the sizes and transitions of my hacks.  The only ones that I am okay with are Roy and Lemmy (Maybe?), but it has been affecting Iggy, Morton, Larry, Ludwig, and Wendy.  I was wondering if that was a bug or if I did anything wrong.

Quote from: br3compactor on October 13, 2013, 02:53:20 PM
A question...

Is there any easy way of combining polygons of two characters already rigged to the same character? As in, getting the arms of one rig and the rest of another one without need to re-rig it entirely again?

Yeah, with the object importer you can. It was in a few releases of Brawlbox already but it was pretty glitchy with weighted objects.
I finally got it to be stable in v0.69.

Right click MDL0 -> Import New Object
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The only thing you can't do right now is import an object onto a model it doesn't belong to already.

Here's a test I made. Purple Heart's body object imported onto Black Heart, after deleting the original body object:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: TravixMan on October 13, 2013, 06:10:18 PM
There seems to be a bug when I change the position/size of a character.  In the game, Ludwig is floats on the kart, and is positioned a couple inches away from the steering wheel.  So I try to position him, using the Edit All function on the brres in Brawlbox v68.d.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


But when I input all of that, this happens.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This has been affecting the sizes and transitions of my hacks.  The only ones that I am okay with are Roy and Lemmy (Maybe?), but it has been affecting Iggy, Morton, Larry, Ludwig, and Wendy.  I was wondering if that was a bug or if I did anything wrong.
It looks like it's doing exactly what you're telling it to do.
What's it doing wrong, exactly?

If you don't want it to rotate like that, just check "Do not change" under Rotate.

Quote from: Sky Grounder on October 13, 2013, 11:27:24 AM
Just a quick request, can you change the names of certain values in STPM files to this?:

Value28 - PauseCamZoomIn
Value29 - PauseCamZoomDefault
Value30 - PauseCamZoomOut
Value31 - PauseCamRotY-
Value32 - PauseCamRotY+
Value33 - PauseCamRotX-
Value34 - PauseCamRotX+

The values defines the limit of how much you can zoom out the pausecamera, how much you can rotate it etc.
Example: If I were to set the PauseCamRotY+ to 90, I would be able to see straight down at the stage from above when pausing the game.

PauseCamZoomDefault is the zoom value you get when switching between focusing on characters on the pausescreen, and you switch to not focusing on any character.

k

Quote from: baLCKJaCKS98 on October 13, 2013, 07:10:28 PM
It looks like it's doing exactly what you're telling it to do.
What's it doing wrong, exactly?

If you don't want it to rotate like that, just check "Do not change" under Rotate.

It rotates like that even when I check "Do not change".