Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

So... how close are we to a full converter?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 13, 2011, 07:40:52 PM
So... how close are we to a full converter?

^This...
And also, what about a converter (from "dae to mdl0" I mean) for a model that works/is built for X character?

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 13, 2011, 07:40:52 PM
So... how close are we to a full converter?

Can't answer that question.

But check this out, the bone structure of Tcll's cube is built:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I haven't gotten it to preview just yet, and I'm still having some problems with other rigged models.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM
This is not an mdl0:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


(Sorry, imgur uploaded the pix wierd >.>)

On to fix moar stuffz in teh codez...

Wow... that's impressive!

Quote from: Legendary Super Mario on March 13, 2011, 08:36:04 PMWow... that's impressive!

meh...
all I can say is GJ :)
at least it works :D

thing is, blender's 140 scripts don't export what they import :S

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Okay, I got the texture references to work properly. For some reason though, on this model, the materials for the body and the ribbon didn't have texture references when they imported. I'll look into it, but for now: MOAR PROGRESS!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Done:
-Import mesh
-Add Texture References
-Build Bone Structure (still not viewable though)

To do:
-Fix all the "object reference not set to a instance of an object" errors :srs: seriously. That's it.

Some notes on importing:
-The model must be triangulated. It looks screwed up if it's in quads.
-Don't convert your model into one single mesh if it has multiple textures. Each texture/material has to be assigned to its own object.

I'm so close, I can smell it. The smell is a very SMELLY smell, that smells very...     smelly. :srs: /Mr. Krabs



yea, that's really good :)

and as we discussed on the chat,
the dae's most likely messed up...

and that's just like people to triangulate everything...
creating triangles creates more data than leaving it set at polygons...

that's something I'm working on in my converter...
WHEN I ACTUALLY GET SOME FEEDBACK!!! >:(

srsly people, do you want this converter or not >:/
it'll take alot longer if I have to figure out the info and data myself.
if you want it, you'll tell me the needed info.
or at least specifically tell me where I can find it. <_<
note: this is dir'd toward knowledgable people

otherwise, you'll have to wait at least 2 to 3 years
(the converter isn't the only thing I'm dealing with)

so yea... I need help, and currently alot of it

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Nice BlackJax, Kryals code was a total [censored] to read.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

I notice that the texture and bone tabs are empty.
But I'm pretty sure that that's the result of the "object reference not set to a instance of an object" errors, not the cause of them.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 14, 2011, 10:20:57 AM
I notice that the texture and bone tabs are empty.
But I'm pretty sure that that's the result of the "object reference not set to a instance of an object" errors, not the cause of them.
Yeah, from what I've seen trying to get TvC models to work (or just having poor luck with vertex hacking) that seems to be the case.

WHAWHAWHAWHAAAA?!?!?!?! ARE WE SERIOUSLY THIS CLOSE?!?!