Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Roo on March 14, 2011, 02:00:28 PM
WHAWHAWHAWHAAAA?!?!?!?! ARE WE SERIOUSLY THIS CLOSE?!?!

yeh...
I'm expecting alot of incompatability and poor conversion of the formats... :/

I'm not releasing my converter until it converts perfectly (to and from MDL0)
^this includes all primitives as well, not just triangles

I want the most hi-res compact mdl0 as possible when I convert >:3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on March 14, 2011, 03:44:26 PM
Quote from: Roo on March 14, 2011, 02:00:28 PM
WHAWHAWHAWHAAAA?!?!?!?! ARE WE SERIOUSLY THIS CLOSE?!?!

yeh...
I'm expecting alot of incompatability and poor conversion of the formats... :/

I'm not releasing my converter until it converts perfectly (to and from MDL0)
^this includes all primitives as well, not just triangles

I want the most hi-res compact mdl0 as possible when I convert >:3

I'd give feedback, but all that coding [censored] just looks like a bunch of random numbers to me, sorry bro xD

Keep up the hard work though =3

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on March 14, 2011, 05:31:07 PMI'd give feedback, but all that coding [censored] just looks like a bunch of random numbers to me, sorry bro xD

Keep up the hard work though =3

it's just simple algebra :P

the complicated part is putting it together correctly

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on March 14, 2011, 05:36:29 PM
Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on March 14, 2011, 05:31:07 PMI'd give feedback, but all that coding [censored] just looks like a bunch of random numbers to me, sorry bro xD

Keep up the hard work though =3

it's just simple algebra :P

the complicated part is putting it together correctly

You're looking at someone who didn't even take PRE algerbra... >_>
lol
And getting the damn thing to work in brawl :l
AH imagine if you could get wolf link's model working in brawl with this :D
EPIC =3 link could finally have a badass final smash. (the triforce slash....god...link doesn't even USE his piece of the triforce in most of the games :l )

Quote from: Tcll on March 14, 2011, 03:44:26 PM
Quote from: Roo on March 14, 2011, 02:00:28 PM
WHAWHAWHAWHAAAA?!?!?!?! ARE WE SERIOUSLY THIS CLOSE?!?!

yeh...
I'm expecting alot of incompatability and poor conversion of the formats... :/

Shun the nonbeliever!!

Quote from: Tcll on March 14, 2011, 03:44:26 PM
Quote from: Roo on March 14, 2011, 02:00:28 PM
WHAWHAWHAWHAAAA?!?!?!?! ARE WE SERIOUSLY THIS CLOSE?!?!

yeh...
I'm expecting alot of incompatability and poor conversion of the formats... :/

Hey, a step forward from .obj importing.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 14, 2011, 07:42:30 PM
Hey, a step forward from .obj importing.

.OBJ's dont have bones, and therefore dont make viable character models. >_>

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on March 14, 2011, 05:40:53 PM
You're looking at someone who didn't even take PRE algerbra... >_>
lol
And getting the damn thing to work in brawl :l
AH imagine if you could get wolf link's model working in brawl with this :D
EPIC =3 link could finally have a badass final smash. (the triforce slash....god...link doesn't even USE his piece of the triforce in most of the games :l )

I see...
well, do you understand this:
Quote
def function(value): #C becomes value
   return value+5

A = 3
C = A + 2
if C > 4:
   print function(C) #C = 10
else: pass

that's simple Python being used to simulate (3+2)+5 = 10

I find Python easier than most progging langs since the others don't even look like math
(especially C type codes (C, C++, C#, etc))
VB looks more like poetry being used to program ._.
JS is my 2nd easiest lang

yeh... there's quite a few diferent langs...
IDK why C# is preferred over C++ though...
I understand C++ better than C#
yeh... C# would have to be my hardest to understand :S
but Python tops all of them since it looks exactly like algebra,
and sometimes even calculus, which I havn't even taken yet :P

meh... I havn't taken geometry either,
yet I impressed my algebra teacher with vec3 programming :D

btw roo
that line belongs to Matt Styles
DON'T STEAL IT! >:3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Roo on March 14, 2011, 07:51:05 PM
Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 14, 2011, 07:42:30 PM
Hey, a step forward from .obj importing.

.OBJ's dont have bones, and therefore dont make viable character models. >_>

speaking of obj,
I'm adding that format to the imports list.
I've had a few ideas passed around to me
one of them being stage models

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 14, 2011, 07:42:30 PM
Quote from: Tcll on March 14, 2011, 03:44:26 PM
Quote from: Roo on March 14, 2011, 02:00:28 PM
WHAWHAWHAWHAAAA?!?!?!?! ARE WE SERIOUSLY THIS CLOSE?!?!

yeh...
I'm expecting alot of incompatability and poor conversion of the formats... :/

Hey, a step forward from .obj importing.

yeh...
but what good is it if half the mdl0 is messed up
(an error I'm trying to avoid)

basically,
I'm trying to do what Kryal failed at doing
(writing an mdl0 from scratch)
just in a different way...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

@NaruZeldaMaster:

There's a python guide here (more of a textbook, really):
http://skylit.com/mathandpython.html

Or, if the math and logic there is too difficult, use the python docs:
http://docs.python.org/py3k/tutorial/

Though these are version 3. You may want something on 2.7, or something like that.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Hmm...I sort of got VB pretty well(not an expert, but basic stuff) since Game Maker uses that language.  I could book up on the code you're using and try to help, lol but chances are I'd F* it up somehow lol

now, testing and beta testing I can definately do. At least untill I learn the code itself and learn how to use it for what you're doing. I have nothing but time on my hands anyway, so learning this code (granted I learn it quickly enough) I could probably try to help with like, piecing together the different mdl0 parts and [censored]. Though I wouldn't be able to help out with the actual converter unfortunately.

Also, if this is possible you could try to make an automatic bone-rigger too for the exported mdl0

like, if you picked "Link" in a drop down list that appears when you "export" it, then the mdl0 exported would have the it's "bones" riged spasifically to work for Link's setup in brawl.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on March 14, 2011, 08:19:30 PM
Hmm...I sort of got VB pretty well(not an expert, but basic stuff) since Game Maker uses that language.  I could book up on the code you're using and try to help, lol but chances are I'd F* it up somehow lol

now, testing and beta testing I can definately do. At least untill I learn the code itself and learn how to use it for what you're doing. I have nothing but time on my hands anyway, so learning this code (granted I learn it quickly enough) I could probably try to help with like, piecing together the different mdl0 parts and [censored]. Though I wouldn't be able to help out with the actual converter unfortunately.

Also, if this is possible you could try to make an automatic bone-rigger too for the exported mdl0

like, if you picked "Link" in a drop down list that appears when you "export" it, then the mdl0 exported would have the it's "bones" riged spasifically to work for Link's setup in brawl.

well first off, you'd need the revolution SDK
I found a torrent that gave me what looks like the basics...
IDK if it's all of itthough...
(doesn't seem to describe everything,
and alot of functions of the code seem to point nowhere...
but that might just be me (code in C++))

I don't think I have the link anymore <_<
but I still have the SDK at least :) (the rar file it came in)
I can send that...
IDK about posting it here,
even though it's a key part to understanding the mdl0 file
(won't tell you the mdl0 format itself, but it will tell you alot of needed info)

and second, to understand my findings of the mdl0,
you'd need HexEdit 3.0F (trial free) and my template.
I have a current version I'm working on, but you can get a previous version here:
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=resources

EDIT:
btw, your idea...
do you know how much of a pain that would be to code D:


[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

lol I think I'll book up on the code itself first XP

Though, I thought you could make the DAE to mdl0 converter work with brawlbox? lol Cause brawlbox knows the bones and stuff of each character XP

It depends on how easilly I pick up on the way the code works that I can actually help.
No promises on when or even if I will though *nod*

I could still help test the current converter though if you have a completed one XD

Quote from: Roo on March 14, 2011, 07:08:22 PM
Quote from: Tcll on March 14, 2011, 03:44:26 PM
Quote from: Roo on March 14, 2011, 02:00:28 PM
WHAWHAWHAWHAAAA?!?!?!?! ARE WE SERIOUSLY THIS CLOSE?!?!

yeh...
I'm expecting alot of incompatability and poor conversion of the formats... :/

Shun the nonbeliever!!
SHUUUUUUUUUN!  :af:

Quote from: Roo on March 14, 2011, 07:51:05 PM
Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 14, 2011, 07:42:30 PM
Hey, a step forward from .obj importing.

.OBJ's dont have bones, and therefore dont make viable character models. >_>
That's his point.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on March 14, 2011, 11:05:46 PM
Quote from: Roo on March 14, 2011, 07:08:22 PM
Quote from: Tcll on March 14, 2011, 03:44:26 PM
Quote from: Roo on March 14, 2011, 02:00:28 PM
WHAWHAWHAWHAAAA?!?!?!?! ARE WE SERIOUSLY THIS CLOSE?!?!

yeh...
I'm expecting alot of incompatability and poor conversion of the formats... :/

Shun the nonbeliever!!
SHUUUUUUUUUN!  :af:

Charlie! Charlie! I have the amulet! XD