Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Stage making is a lot more than The models and you know it, Mewtwo.
There's fogs, collisions, animations, lighting, shadows (which you devised how to do), polishing everything, and making fun gameplay.
Heck, I'll love to be free of the builder block method, because I can do things pretty easily in sketchup. This way, original stages will become feasible, too!

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Hehehe
Imagine making a character in a 3D rendering program, like say Daz Studio
And making them in brawl >=D

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on April 16, 2011, 05:09:18 PMHehehe
Imagine making a character in a 3D rendering program, like say Daz Studio
And making them in brawl >=D
didn't I hit up on that topic a while back :P

besides...
I'm already working on one
(a char for a future game):



more img's here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/tcll5850/Riku#

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I just need a perfect Naruto (and maybe Mewtwo as well) and then I can die happy.
And yeah, maybe we then could change the vertex section to modelling and vertex section.

Trust me, it's not going to be as easy as you guys think to import a dae model. Daes can be made differently based on the model, so BrawlBox has to support every little twist and turn the dae can have. I still haven't gotten an actual rigged non-pre-mdl0 into Brawlbox. While it may be easier to make stages with this, many people will not have the right skills to fix every little problem the model might have.

I highly doubt some random person with no experience could just rip something like Peach's Castle from Melee, fix it, import it and then fix every little glitch and then even then, recreate all the effects the stage has...

Importing a model will still take a lot of work. People won't just be importing stages/characters left and right.

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on April 16, 2011, 05:00:00 PM
Stage making is a lot more than The models and you know it, Mewtwo.
There's fogs, collisions, animations, lighting, shadows (which you devised how to do), polishing everything, and making fun gameplay.
Heck, I'll love to be free of the builder block method, because I can do things pretty easily in sketchup. This way, original stages will become feasible, too!

That's not a good thing either. I mean, in the case that a lot of stage 'makers' summon, and make stages I would have liked to make, and they make them with improper lights, no shadows, bugs, etc, I would be doing them again, and people may get mad at me. I mean, it was not that easy for me to make Peach's Castle 64 and Kongo Jungle 64 because making them could be interpreted like I was unrespectful with KTH and Mastaklo. But I needed to make proper versions of those stages, and I wasn't going to make them only for me... If that was the case, that situation would come back to me many other times, and I don't want to fill the vault with repeated stages...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 16, 2011, 05:27:38 PM
Trust me, it's not going to be as easy as you guys think to import a dae model. Daes can be made differently based on the model, so BrawlBox has to support every little twist and turn the dae can have. I still haven't gotten an actual rigged non-pre-mdl0 into Brawlbox. While it may be easier to make stages with this, many people will not have the right skills to fix every little problem the model might have.

I highly doubt some random person with no experience could just rip something like Peach's Castle from Melee, fix it, import it and then fix every little glitch and then even then, recreate all the effects the stage has...

Importing a model will still take a lot of work. People won't just be importing stages/characters left and right.

I hope that's the case ^^U
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Well, as long as, as soon as possible, we can get our hands on a 2-working-bones block model...
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


That, if the size isn't extended too much, and normals are still the same, etc... ^^U
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 16, 2011, 05:59:20 PM
That, if the size isn't extended too much, and normals are still the same, etc... ^^U

Pardon my prying but, couldn't you just scale it down with the animations in bb?
By making the X, Y and Z scale on the bones smaller?

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 16, 2011, 05:59:20 PM
That, if the size isn't extended too much, and normals are still the same, etc... ^^U
if a file is too big,
you can replace a few songs you don't use with blanks

that should then clear up some space for your file

the Wii has a disk quota of ~8.192 GB (don't quote me on the limit)
if that limit is exceeded (when combining the disk with the SD),
the game will freeze when it meets that section in the memory

note: files that are read from the SD are not read from the disk
so that gives you a virtual limit...

IDK if Gecko increases the limit,
but I do know that decreasing the space the files take up increases the amount of space you can use

EDIT:
oh wait...
I'm putting out useless info again arn't I >.>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on April 16, 2011, 06:10:42 PM
Pardon my prying but, couldn't you just scale it down with the animations in bb?
By making the X, Y and Z scale on the bones smaller?


I mean filesize. If we replace 100 blocks with bigger blocks, a stage with lots of textures and a big total filesize may stop working. And that's not an advantage. Of course, I didn't mean the model size, cause vertexing and animating is always possible.

Quote from: Tcll on April 16, 2011, 06:13:24 PM
if a file is too big,
you can replace a few songs you don't use with blanks

that should then clear up some space for your file

the Wii has a disk quota of ~8.192 GB (don't quote me on the limit)
if that limit is exceeded (when combining the disk with the SD),
the game will freeze when it meets that section in the memory

note: files that are read from the SD are not read from the disk
so that gives you a virtual limit...

IDK if Gecko increases the limit,
but I do know that decreasing the space the files take up increases the amount of space you can use

EDIT:
oh wait...
I'm putting out useless info again arn't I >.>

Just talking about filesize limit per individual stage ^^U xD
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 16, 2011, 06:15:23 PM
I mean filesize. If we replace 100 blocks with bigger blocks, a stage with lots of textures and a big total filesize may stop working. And that's not an advantage. Of course, I didn't mean the model size, cause vertexing and animating is always possible.

BlackJax, can you please, right now, try to export Mewtwo2000's block to DAE, add a working bone, and re-export it into mdl0, as a test?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Naruko on April 16, 2011, 06:49:31 PM
BlackJax, can you please, right now, try to export Mewtwo2000's block to DAE, add a working bone, and re-export it into mdl0, as a test?

It'll be a movable block, test complete XD
I don't really have enough time to do that, I'm pretty busy...

If you guys want to test stuff, I can release an alpha version of my mod, but it doesn't work perfectly.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 16, 2011, 07:01:07 PM
It'll be a movable block, test complete XD
I don't really have enough time to do that, I'm pretty busy...

If you guys want to test stuff, I can release an alpha version of my mod, but it doesn't work perfectly.

Do it for us when you have time... If a block with 2 bones can be used you can expect a whole lot of new possibilities right away. Please do that and upload it for us stage hackers :D

Abou the alpha I believe people can wait until it has no bugs
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]