Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Sorry to be a troll lol, I just read this page (btw, nice Pichu. Is that a model import or a vertex?). Now, what's the big deal with this thread? I mean, what's the point?
Quote from: Art Beins"The biggest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all."

Tutorial on how to edit the intro: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45302.msg925318#msg925318

Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.

Quote from: LCCoolJ95 on July 20, 2011, 06:38:04 PM
Sorry to be a troll lol, I just read this page (btw, nice Pichu. Is that a model import or a vertex?). Now, what's the big deal with this thread? I mean, what's the point?

Thread title ftw

Quote from: Tcll on July 20, 2011, 06:22:12 PM
glad you asked :)

I'm doing it so I can have perfect models to start a series
'SSB Revenge of the Forgotten'
since MDL0 conversion was barely complete, I decided to take a break from trying to learn the impossibilities of Melee, and actually start on brawl...

I was into game development and was actually in the process of making a game...
with the little knowledge I had XD
the game was basically a 3D rendition of MUGEN
but due to issues and crap, the project was scrapped UNTIL I learn more about game development

brawl hacking has helped me greatly :D

That's great to hear actually, sooner
or later brawl will be another Mugen.

I hope.

Also my project is heavily relying on this.
God bless you on your projects :].

Quote from: LCCoolJ95 on July 20, 2011, 06:38:04 PM
Sorry to be a troll lol, I just read this page (btw, nice Pichu. Is that a model import or a vertex?). Now, what's the big deal with this thread? I mean, what's the point?

He's working on a .DAE to .MDL0 converter. If he finishes we would be able to import our own models into brawl from almost anything.

For example: I have a CaptainPlanet.DAE file, I could convert it into MDL0 so that brawl could recognize it.
Jesus loves us :}

meh...

Brawl-MUGEN compaired to 3DM...
that's like a 20%<>80% comparison

for what I've got planned for 3DM, you can be glad I'm learning game development ;)

Brawl-MUGEN can never be anything like 3DM :)

but anyways... that's not something to discuss here... heh

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

brawl-mugen/3DM  sounds something i will play
will it be possible to use Brawl models/Animations/PSAs in that?
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

So, is MDL0 a 'good' format? That is, by game dev standards? Good file sizes, easy to use?
Decent support for custom shaders and such?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 20, 2011, 07:46:37 PM
So, is MDL0 a 'good' format? That is, by game dev standards? Good file sizes, easy to use?
Decent support for custom shaders and such?
well...
DAT (melee) has better filesize than MDL0, but all in all, they have a great filesize :)

as for ease, neither MDL0 or DAT are easy to use...

but both formats do have support for PS3-like GFX...
although good GFX can take a toll on the system...
(you can end up having alot of lag)

and not to mention partition size and the amount of RAM...


for Wii/GCN, the files are converted to a format readable to the system, and the RAW data is stored in the RAM

so MDL0's and DAT's take up alot more space when in the system's RAM...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

i found a model of crystal fully rigged whoever wants it can have it, and it could be used for this project ^^ i found her here http://krystalarchive.com/3d/greyfoxfiresrig/

also found Inyuasha models ^^ http://wc3r.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=13621&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Quote from: Gotenks(a.k.a Mariodk) on July 20, 2011, 07:29:08 PMbrawl-mugen/3DM  sounds something i will play will it be possible to use Brawl models/Animations/PSAs in that?
woops...
misread and overlooked DX

you'd have to convert them first >_>
I'm working on a decent easy to use ASCII format for everything...

basically, if you've ever programmed in MUGEN,
programming in 3DM should be nearly the same...

actually...
SFF files are binary...
maybe I should use .3DM files as a model format

meh... screw it...
I'll just use blend...

after all...
I'm building it with blender,
and my converter will be able to convert to the blender version of your choice :)
(I still use 2.49 at times) :3

btw...
PSA is a logic editor
so if ever I talk about doing logic edits, (like for Wolf (Pikachu))
you guys will know what I'm talking about
IMG:
(@anyone thinking about it: don't take Wolf on as your project...)

why am I the only one actually telling people about game development?? :srs:
there's more people here that have actually dev'd games...
why don't they speak out...
so people actually know the correct terms and won't be like:
'WTF is this dude talking about'

sry... entering a rant again DX

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Ok, status update.

First off, I've changed around the vertex viewer, and now it's much faster than before. You can actually move the screen without tons of lag. Unfortunately you won't be able to edit the vertices until I have a working unweighting formula (to un-apply the transforms and put the vertices into their raw positions).

Second, I've almost got the model rebuilder working for normal MDL0s.
Right now, I need to:
-Fix shader corruption
-Get the bones to write correctly

Then you should be able to move around and even add bones (correctly, unlike Fortwaffle's bone adder). That way you'll be able to fix all errors dealing with bones on model imports!

Then, I need to work on building objects (aka polygons) from scratch, so that model imports will actually work in game. That's what will probably take a while to complete. After that, I need to figure out the unknown data in materials and shaders, so that model imports display correctly in-game. I can probably figure most, if not all of that stuff out through trial and error.

If I'm not forgetting anything, that's all that's left to do for completely unrestricted model editing. I've actually opened up a rebuilt MDL0 in Brawlbox, using a few error catching statements in the code, so I know exactly what's left to do.

So in otherwords and more simpler terms. Instead of being like, 65% complete, you're about 70% done now?

Five percent doesn't seem like much progress, but with things like this, five percent is better than none.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 21, 2011, 03:33:11 AM
So in otherwords and more simpler terms. Instead of being like, 65% complete, you're about 70% done now?

Five percent doesn't seem like much progress, but with things like this, five percent is better than none.

I guess.

What's that?

I can sense the shadow of a loli-vampire...
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Lol Whut?

Loli Vampire??

(Chibi vampire, or whatever that manga's nuts name was)
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

I have a little question, when you speak about adding bones, BlackJax, what does it does concretely? You can add bone to a place you chose so that something like for example Sephiroth's hair can be now animated? And when you add bones like this, is the mdl0 size doubled like it was the case for Fortwaffle's program? (I recall that the number of bones added with Fortwaffle's program was not important, if you add only one, the size was doubled.)


Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!