Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 08, 2011, 09:52:05 PM #4575 Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:53:08 PM by RandomTBush
Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 08, 2011, 08:51:08 PMYou can post images of stuff and your discoveries if you want to, might as well anyway to keep the thread going :P
Fair enough.

Now, both of these are actual screenshots taken on the Wii -- click on them for the album .BIN files if you don't believe me:


A test of porting a non-rigged object.


A test of porting a rigged object, with a quick 30-second pose.

And just recently, taken in Dolphin (as I can't get it working in-game yet, even with the same fixes I've applied to the two above):



Brawl's weird way of storing material wrapping -- both are the same model, but with modified UV mapping. Seems that if the UV values go below 0 or above 1, it'll stretch the edges of the texture (top picture), but if it's centred properly, it'll be fine (bottom pic).

So yeah, there's still more work to be done. I thought I had the fix-all (since it worked with my models), but it doesn't always seem to work...

I wantz mah Heavy!
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



may I ask you RTB whats need to be changed?

kinda despretade for my sandbag D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 08, 2011, 10:45:56 PM
That's somewhat unfair :( Why some people can have their own charcters in Brawl with the new BrawlBox while the majority of us can't as they don't wanna share the new BrawlBox?

?? the new BB isn't out....

October 08, 2011, 10:51:55 PM #4580 Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:56:05 PM by pikazz
Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 08, 2011, 10:45:56 PM
That's somewhat unfair :( Why some people can have their own charcters in Brawl with the new BrawlBox while the majority of us can't as they don't wanna share the new BrawlBox?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWD88E6Arv0
me and RTB are beta tester, we testing things about the newest and looking for the tiniest error or glitch, even if it seems unfair in your eyes, finding the tiniest error is like finding an needle in a haystack, seems like impossible at some times where the problem can be. that's why big factories has proffetions beta tester so they can find errors and glitches ect.

beta tester is a hard job for looking after these little error.

asked rtb if he found one needle so I asked where so I am on the track.
even if one needle if found, it can be more.

(also, remember from mythbusters. they tested how long time it takes to find an needle in haystack. it took reaaaaaally long time and they used methods like filter ect, we need to take each heystick by hand)
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 08, 2011, 10:45:56 PM
That's somewhat unfair :( Why some people can have their own charcters in Brawl with the new BrawlBox while the majority of us can't as they don't wanna share the new BrawlBox?
Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 08, 2011, 10:50:25 PM
Yeah, but some people got their hands on it... I don't know how, but one proof is that I PMed one of them, kindly asking if they could share it with me, since BJ has not released it to anyone, and I got a rude 'NO' as an answer, as if they were selfish and wanting the BrawlBox v0.65 only for themselves... *facepalm*...

It's called beta testing, dude. People who know what they're doing are allowed to try to figure out what's wrong with the program. Unfortunately, YOU are one of the people who falls under the category of "don't know what they're doing." (No offense to anybody else :/) Once the program works how we want it to, it's released to the public. I TOLD them to tell anybody NO if they asked for it. :srs:

Welcome to reality btw, it isn't fair. :srs:

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 08, 2011, 10:50:25 PM
Yeah, but some people got their hands on it... I don't know how, but one proof is that I PMed one of them, kindly asking if they could share it with me, since BJ has not released it to anyone, and I got a rude 'NO' as an answer, as if they were selfish and wanting the BrawlBox v0.65 only for themselves... *facepalm*...

DUDE.

They're beta testers.

Obviously you're gonna get a rude "NO."

They're not being selfish. If BlackJax doesn't want it released. It isn't being released.

Period.

We're trying to make sure that importing models is flawless before we can release the new BrawlBox to the public. The main thing stopping us is trying to figure out how to fix that stupid polygon-related that that seems to be plaguing custom models right now (and also the hats I've tried to port to Jigglypuff in the past, using manually-expanded MDL0 files). Stupid, picky MDL0 format. :srs:

OK, now I understand. The thing is that I received a very rude message after asking if I could have the BrawlBox, a message good enough to get a warning (It is neither Pikazz nor TRB, but someone else I shall NOT say who for confidential reasons) So, there would be 3 people who are testing the BrawlBox?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 08, 2011, 11:07:39 PM
OK, now I understand. The thing is that I received a very rude message after asking if I could have the BrawlBox, a message good enough to get a warning (It is neither Pikazz nor TRB, but someone else I shall NOT say who for confidential reasons) So, there would be 3 people who are testing the BrawlBox?
nope.. only RTB, Pikazz, and BJ has the 0.65 brawlbox version... no1 else has it except for those 3.

whoever u talked to, they mustve lied to u just to make u look stupid, or feel like an idiot who's begging. (of course, sorry if that sounds rude)
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 08, 2011, 11:07:39 PM
OK, now I understand. The thing is that I received a very rude message after asking if I could have the BrawlBox, a message good enough to get a warning (It is neither Pikazz nor TRB, but someone else I shall NOT say who for confidential reasons) So, there would be 3 people who are testing the BrawlBox?
Yes. BlackJax,  RTB, and pikazz are the only ones testing it for bugs.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: DSX8 on October 08, 2011, 11:09:23 PM
nope.. only RTB, Pikazz, and BJ has the 0.65 brawlbox version... no1 else has it except for those 3.

whoever u talked to, they mustve lied to u just to make u look stupid, or feel like an idiot who's begging. (of course, sorry if that sounds rude)
Thanks, I'm relieved. Anyhow, I deleted the message after reporting it to the admins, so the thing's no more important. That guy must have been a lying idiot to do that :)
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 08, 2011, 11:11:57 PM
Thanks, I'm relieved. Anyhow, I deleted the message after reporting it to the admins, so the thing's no more important. That guy must have been a lying idiot to do that :)

Who did you pm though? Just curious.
No point keeping it confidential if they lied to you :P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 08, 2011, 11:13:12 PM
Who did you pm though? Just curious.
No point keeping it confidential if they lied to you :P

I don't even remember... but that's better this way ;) Now I know you're beta testing, as this dude told me it was finished but released to only a select few... I can't believe I was fooled like this...*facepalm*
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(