Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

I only break my lurk-oath in times of hype.

Guess what time it is?


Adventure Tim- *shot*

Ok do I download or do I not? Dx
FC:4898-8419-2778

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 22, 2011, 04:00:38 AM
VIS0s and PAT0s will be edited by checking "Sync VIS0" under the Polygons list or "Sync PAT0" under the Textures list. Then you just check the Polygons that you want the VIS0 to hide/show during the game and boom it edits the VIS0 for you. It even checks to see if the VIS0 needs to be constant and enabled or just plain animated.

Right now it's still "simple" because I haven't built in an editor for it yet. Same with PAT0; it'll probably need an editor.

SRT0 editing will be like CHR0 editing. You'll be able to change the scale/translation/rotation and the texture will reflect your changes on that frame. I think SRT0 uses keyframes too, so it will be a lot like CHR0...

CLR0 I'm not even implementing any editing for because I don't know enough about how it's actually used (like what it's attached to or synced to).

No updates have been released yet.
Idk, should I make a poll about when to release v0.65b to see what people think?

This thread's been through a lot :D
I remember when all the first post was just me asking if anybody was still working on MDL0 conversion. :O
The whole importing journey is documented in this thread. :srs:
SRT0 is using keyframes so you dont need to worry ;3
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 22, 2011, 04:04:09 AM
And your journey has brought us happiness, my man. You've done some truly epic work, and we're forever grateful to you. :)
you do have some epic work BJ :)
*photobombs "soon..." face in the BG*

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Spex130 on December 22, 2011, 06:42:32 AM
I only break my lurk-oath in times of hype.

Guess what time it is?

Time to get a watch.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Nuke on December 22, 2011, 07:03:30 AM
Adventure Tim- *shot*

Ok do I download or do I not? Dx

lol nope

Quote from: Tcll on December 22, 2011, 01:31:54 PM
you do have some epic work BJ :)
*photobombs "soon..." face in the BG*

lol :P

Anyway, I don't think I'll have metal materials working for imports very soon.

There's some kind of order that the primitives follow, and I haven't spotted the pattern yet. >_> Also, in order to make sure that texture matrices don't completely corrupt the model, I have to remap the node id order for each primitive group, which changes the order too. <_< I think my test adding metal materials to Nel worked because I didn't change the order of the node ids that was already set in. I still don't really know how texture matrices are really even used though (0x30 primitives), so maybe that has something to do with it...

Here's what I'm talking about, I wrote the order of the primitives by the order of the original model. The left is the original model, the right is the rebuilt model.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This is what I'm doing to compare the references to find a pattern:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Anybody up to helping find the pattern? You'll need to know how to read primitives. :srs:
inb4onlypikazzvolunteerslol

December 22, 2011, 06:05:45 PM #7505 Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:08:35 PM by Infernape99
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 22, 2011, 05:55:10 PM
Time to get a watch.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



God i WAS very happy until a wild troll face appear D: i wanna get this version now :D
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Will we ever get to Brawlbox 1.0?

...

God imagine what THAT would be like!

What are VIS0's?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Roo on December 22, 2011, 06:31:26 PM
Will we ever get to Brawlbox 1.0?

...

God imagine what THAT would be like!
There is so many ways to improve this program that it almost seems endless, so I would say no.

Quote from: Velen on December 22, 2011, 06:48:55 PM
What are VIS0&#039;s?
It's what makes a bone visible/invisible. The object attached to that bone is affected.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Roo on December 22, 2011, 06:31:26 PM
Will we ever get to Brawlbox 1.0?

...

God imagine what THAT would be like!
Quote from: Sky Grounder on December 22, 2011, 06:51:52 PM
There is so many ways to improve this program that it almost seems endless, so I would say no.

It'd probably be like a Wii emulator + 3ds Max + MMD all shoved into one program. We'd need pretty much every file format figured out 100% first though. :srs:

It could be possible if enough people would learn C# and help me, or if Kryal came back out of nowhere. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 22, 2011, 07:28:31 PMIt'd probably be like a Wii emulator + 3ds Max + MMD all shoved into one program. We'd need pretty much every file format figured out 100% first though. :srs: It could be possible if enough people would learn C# and help me, or if Kryal came back out of nowhere. :srs:
i have tried to learn C# or C++ but its was too hard for me and i think its still i think the closet on programming i come is PSAing
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 22, 2011, 05:55:10 PM
There's some kind of order that the primitives follow, and I haven't spotted the pattern yet. >_> Also, in order to make sure that texture matrices don't completely corrupt the model, I have to remap the node id order for each primitive group, which changes the order too. <_< I think my test adding metal materials to Nel worked because I didn't change the order of the node ids that was already set in. I still don't really know how texture matrices are really even used though (0x30 primitives), so maybe that has something to do with it...

Here's what I'm talking about, I wrote the order of the primitives by the order of the original model. The left is the original model, the right is the rebuilt model.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This is what I'm doing to compare the references to find a pattern:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Anybody up to helping find the pattern? You'll need to know how to read primitives. :srs:
inb4onlypikazzvolunteerslol

lol, I could help is I know how to read those :<
I can learn just for this moment xD

but if no-one wanna help, I can help

"inb4onlypikazzvolunteerslol"

lol :srs: you dont want me to help or give other one oppotornity to help? D:

I know also how to build a code because flash but I dont know if it are diffirent code langues D:
but I have never build something in C++, can help if anyone dont/can't/wouldnt
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on December 22, 2011, 07:36:55 PM
lol, I could help is I know how to read those :<
I can learn just for this moment xD

but if no-one wanna help, I can help

"inb4onlypikazzvolunteerslol"

lol :srs: you dont want me to help or give other one oppotornity to help? D:

Lol no, anybody can help, I just figured you'd be the only one up to looking at it.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 22, 2011, 07:28:31 PM
It'd probably be like a Wii emulator + 3ds Max + MMD all shoved into one program. We'd need pretty much every file format figured out 100% first though. :srs:

It could be possible if enough people would learn C# and help me, or if Kryal came back out of nowhere. :srs:
i actually know alittle bit of C# but only the basic i learned at the university  the only thing i did was a program in C# that simulated some air conditioning if temperature was low turn heaters on and  that sort of stuff was the most advanced thing i ever did in C# i dont even know what primitives are unfortunelly :S
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

December 22, 2011, 07:57:10 PM #7514 Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:59:12 PM by Tcll
you know I'd help if I could BJ :)
I can't though -.-*

@carnage:
primitives are the basics in geometrical model rendering:
1 - Points
2 - Lines
3 - Line-Strips
4 - Triangles
5 - Triangle-Strips
6 - Triangle-Fans
7 - Quads
8 - Quad-Strips (not commonly used (somewhat glitchy with materials))
I have an image on my Picasa, but I'm not typing in the link :srs:

EDIT:
I have an old Emutalk thread telling about me learning the basics :P
(google search: 'Melee Archive Viewer')

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.