Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 66 Guests are viewing this topic.

@BlackJax96: That's just classic XD

BTW, how does animating VIS0s, STR0s, and CLR0s (If it's included in the next update) work? Is it similar to CHR0s?

Quote from: Innerscope on December 21, 2011, 11:05:39 PM
@BlackJax96: That's just classic XD

BTW, how does animating VIS0s, STR0s, and CLR0s (If it's included in the next update) work? Is it similar to CHR0s?
I believe it's the same thing about VIS0, SRT0 and PAT0s with CHR0s, CLR0 I dont know :/
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on December 22, 2011, 12:24:54 AM
I believe it's the same thing about VIS0, SRT0 and PAT0s with CHR0s, CLR0 I dont know :/
CLR0 is sorta like CHR0 but does colors to the object its with... for example, take battlefields scene changing, 1 CLR0 in that stage is for the sky cause it has no textures, so it relies on a CLR0.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

actually, I've some I8 textures use CLR0's...

but that aside, I have listed the anim types before...

we've got everything except IPO animation...
(yet to be found)

IPO animation follows along the same lines as Nurbs or Biezers.
(dynamically generated data from only a few coords)


I'm still playing around with them...
I've modeled an egg using Nurbs :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Explain new stuff nao?

Not quick on the uptake here. X_X

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on December 22, 2011, 01:29:43 AM
Explain new stuff nao?

Not quick on the uptake here. X_X

The title's changed, but the download hasn't.... or have I been wrong to assume that there hasn't been a Brawlbox update since the download edit date hasn't changed?

I can't wait to try this new version @_@

Happy 500 pages dude!
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Innerscope on December 21, 2011, 11:05:39 PM
@BlackJax96: That's just classic XD

BTW, how does animating VIS0s, STR0s, and CLR0s (If it's included in the next update) work? Is it similar to CHR0s?

VIS0s and PAT0s will be edited by checking "Sync VIS0" under the Polygons list or "Sync PAT0" under the Textures list. Then you just check the Polygons that you want the VIS0 to hide/show during the game and boom it edits the VIS0 for you. It even checks to see if the VIS0 needs to be constant and enabled or just plain animated.

Right now it's still "simple" because I haven't built in an editor for it yet. Same with PAT0; it'll probably need an editor.

SRT0 editing will be like CHR0 editing. You'll be able to change the scale/translation/rotation and the texture will reflect your changes on that frame. I think SRT0 uses keyframes too, so it will be a lot like CHR0...

CLR0 I'm not even implementing any editing for because I don't know enough about how it's actually used (like what it's attached to or synced to).

Quote from: Xiggah on December 22, 2011, 02:43:51 AM
The title's changed, but the download hasn't.... or have I been wrong to assume that there hasn't been a Brawlbox update since the download edit date hasn't changed?

No updates have been released yet.
Idk, should I make a poll about when to release v0.65b to see what people think?

Quote from: Seggy T. on December 22, 2011, 02:45:40 AM
I can't wait to try this new version @_@

Happy 500 pages dude!

This thread's been through a lot :D
I remember when all the first post was just me asking if anybody was still working on MDL0 conversion. :O
The whole importing journey is documented in this thread. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 22, 2011, 04:00:38 AM
The whole importing journey is documented in this thread. :srs:

And your journey has brought us happiness, my man. You've done some truly epic work, and we're forever grateful to you. :)

would it be possible to release a beta of 65b on christmas? that'll make alot of ppl happy and hyped due to ur achievemts! :D

btw what exactly is finished in this BB 65b?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I'm up for it being released on christmas so I still have some of my break left to work on the getamped 2 import. Srsly so many hundreds of completely different weapons in that game. And I need 32 bones just to put in enough for a moveset =/
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

A beta might sound like a good idea, but it's really not.

I remember Brawlbox 0.64 beta by Kryal. It included a feature where you can add new textures, and loads of crap happened. I'll give a few examples:

-Some TEX0 files were accidentally renamed (Menselchar44.tex0 was renamed 22.tex0, and it took me a while to figure out that this was the culprit to common5.pac crashin Brawl O_o)

-Changing texture formats (Ex: I8 to CMPR) crashed Brawlbox

-Some textures were screwed up (One changed from Blue to Red color)

-Files were sometimes saved incorrectly (I couldn't open the PCS file once. I opened the file with HxD, and everything looked like it was randomly typed. It looked something like this:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



My point: Brawlbox 0.66 may have a crap load of bugs that may harm the user more than benefit him/her.

But he fixed the bone adding issue which is what I need.... A lot.... PLEASE JUST LET ME HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: Innerscope on December 22, 2011, 04:32:49 AM
A beta might sound like a good idea, but it's really not.

I remember Brawlbox 0.64 beta by Kryal. It included a feature where you can add new textures, and loads of crap happened. I'll give a few examples:

-Some TEX0 files were accidentally renamed (Menselchar44.tex0 was renamed 22.tex0, and it took me a while to figure out that this was the culprit to common5.pac crashin Brawl O_o)

-Changing texture formats (Ex: I8 to CMPR) crashed Brawlbox

-Some textures were screwed up (One changed from Blue to Red color)

-Files were sometimes saved incorrectly (I couldn't open the PCS file once. I opened the file with HxD, and everything looked like it was randomly typed. It looked something like this:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



My point: Brawlbox 0.66 may have a crap load of bugs that may harm the user more than benefit him/her.

Not on my watch.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 22, 2011, 05:35:17 AM
Not on my watch.
something tells me there might be a gift from this man in a few days.... :vyse:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady