Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 08, 2012, 02:05:53 PM #8025 Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 02:11:15 PM by Sky Grounder
Also, in SCN0 -> Fogs, I looked for different values in stage files for the Unknown, and I found this:

0 - (StgCrayon00S6 + 00S8) + (StgEmblemTsunagiA01 + A03 + B01 + B03 + C01 + C03)
20000000 - StgCrayon00S4 + (StgEarth00HareAme + AmeHare) + StgHalberd00 + (StgPirates00L_12+13+21+31)
60000000 - Somewhat common value
80000000 - (StgOrpheon00Blackout01 + 03)
E0000000 - Most common value

I looked through ALL the stage files in \stage\melee to find the different values.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Tcll on January 08, 2012, 12:49:50 PM
pretty much :)

shp0 is a shape animation...
I havn't played around with these too much in blender,
so I don't really know too much about them... >_>
Isn't that like vertex maps and stuff, like what Source games such as TF2 use for facial expressions, as well as this short animation test I made utilising them, again, for the face.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on January 08, 2012, 02:44:41 PM
Isn't that like vertex maps and stuff, like what Source games such as TF2 use for facial expressions, as well as this short animation test I made utilising them, again, for the face.
hmm... maybe :/

all I know about them is they modify a shape constraint *spell-check* on the object >_>

other than that I really don't know anything about them...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: TheShyGuy on January 08, 2012, 01:45:53 PM
not sure if someone asked already or you were going 2, but you should add Inverse kinematics for animating

I've been working on it. The first step is quaternions and quaternion transform matrices, which I haven't gotten to work properly yet (it makes the rotate ball sorta lag around when you drag it, which is kind of a cool effect, but sometimes it flips out). :X

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 08, 2012, 04:39:14 AM
LOL SRT0
SRT stands for Scale Rotate Translate.
I just read that in the SDK. :srs:
if so, when must PAT0 stand fore Pattern Animation Texture :srs:

just a fun note~
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 08, 2012, 06:12:21 PM
I've been working on it. The first step is quaternions and quaternion transform matrices, which I haven't gotten to work properly yet (it makes the rotate ball sorta lag around when you drag it, which is kind of a cool effect, but sometimes it flips out). :X
hmm...
I've been looking at quaternions, but only for animation purposes...

IDK enough yet to be of any help sadly -.-*

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Those acronym definitions sure are useful to know. They explain themselves well in most cases.

I started to animate in 3DS Max for inverse kinematics rather than waiting for Brawlbox to have it, although that's definitely no reason not to implement it. The only edit needed on the numbers is that they have to be recorded from Parent view rather than World view, which is the view Brawl seems to use... isn't that the problem you're having Tcll?

Quote from: Xiggah on January 08, 2012, 07:48:25 PM
Those acronym definitions sure are useful to know. They explain themselves well in most cases.

I started to animate in 3DS Max for inverse kinematics rather than waiting for Brawlbox to have it, although that's definitely no reason not to implement it. The only edit needed on the numbers is that they have to be recorded from Parent view rather than World view, which is the view Brawl seems to use... isn't that the problem you're having Tcll?
exactly

although I thought you just had to subtract the bone matrix values from the animation values >_>

but you may be right <_<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 08, 2012, 09:38:58 PM
exactly

although I thought you just had to subtract the bone matrix values from the animation values >_>

but you may be right <_<

It's possible to set up a not-that-complex system of subtraction systems to get the right numbers. I almost did that until I messed around with the different views and managed to get XYZ numbers that didn't change according to their parent's values: Hence parent view. Dunno if Blender supports that view by default, but you'll get it to work one way or another.

I'll probably just rise out of the shadows with quaternions, IKs, draggable bones, better interpolation and tangent editing one day. I've always wanted to do that. XD

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 08, 2012, 10:03:39 PM
I'll probably just rise out of the shadows with quaternions, IKs, draggable bones, better interpolation and tangent editing one day. I've always wanted to do that. XD
dont u always rise out of nowhere with new stuff we dont know about? :srs:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Nymph on January 08, 2012, 10:05:18 PM
dont u always rise out of nowhere with new stuff we dont know about? :srs:

lolno I keep my people updated and stuff.


Well I finished parsing SRT0 files. Literally, no errors.
Now I'm coding it to use the same keyframe collection chr0s use and working on rebuilding the data.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 09, 2012, 12:16:33 AM
Well I finished parsing SRT0 files. Literally, no errors.
Now I'm coding it to use the same keyframe collection chr0s use and working on rebuilding the data.

Good work BJ! Another filetype checked off the list. And this means we can have full control over eye movement, right?