Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I think I made a discovery about the shaders.
Each shader has a TEV. I hadn't made the TEV values editable because I didn't know what they did. I was working on the shaders section of my thread when I came across a setting in the SDK that needed a RGB color for the stage. Then I remembered that the TEV set colors. I just realized that the TEV has 16 BP commmands, which is the maximum amount of TEV stages allowed. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 18, 2012, 03:45:11 AM
I think I made a discovery about the shaders.
Each shader has a TEV. I hadn't made the TEV values editable because I didn't know what they did. I was working on the shaders section of my thread when I came across a setting in the SDK that needed a RGB color for the stage. Then I remembered that the TEV set colors. I just realized that the TEV has 16 BP commmands, which is the maximum amount of TEV stages allowed. :srs:
LOL

smooth move mr. skipper :P

but anyways... good job on figuring that section out :P
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

January 18, 2012, 04:00:08 AM #8192 Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:03:32 AM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 18, 2012, 03:45:11 AM
I think I made a discovery about the shaders.
Each shader has a TEV. I hadn't made the TEV values editable because I didn't know what they did. I was working on the shaders section of my thread when I came across a setting in the SDK that needed a RGB color for the stage. Then I remembered that the TEV set colors. I just realized that the TEV has 16 BP commmands, which is the maximum amount of TEV stages allowed. :srs:
are you talking about the TEV register set Hi and Lo in the shader??
(the material-shader, not the nodes)

I thought I told you about that already >_>
eh w/e...
at least it's getting accomplished :P

EDIT:
btw, I's wanting to see yur thread ;D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 18, 2012, 04:00:08 AM
are you talking about the TEV register set Hi and Lo in the shader??
(the material-shader, not the nodes)

I thought I told you about that already >_>
eh w/e...
at least it's getting accomplished :P

lolno not that at all. :P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 18, 2012, 04:02:52 AM
lolno not that at all. :P
ok...
what might you be talking about then?? :/
I's confusled XDD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 18, 2012, 04:13:53 AM #8195 Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:15:36 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Tcll on January 18, 2012, 04:06:04 AM
ok...
what might you be talking about then?? :/
I's confusled XDD

I'm talkin' bout how the shaders rasterize stuff and modify the appearance of the texture.

out_reg = (d ( op ) (( 1.0 - c ) * a + c * b ) + bias ) * scale;

GX_CA_A0    Alpha from the TEVREG0 register.
GX_CA_A1    Alpha from the TEVREG1 register.
GX_CA_A2    Alpha from the TEVREG2 register.
GX_CA_APREV    Alpha from the TEVPREV register.
GX_CA_TEXA    Alpha from the texture.
GX_CA_RASA    Alpha from the rasterized vertex color.
GX_CA_ZERO    0.0 fixed.
GX_CA_KONST    Constant alpha input (see the GXSetTevKAlphaSel function).

GX_TEV_KCSEL_K0    Constant color register 0 (RGB)
GX_TEV_KCSEL_K1    Constant color register 1 (RGB)
GX_TEV_KCSEL_K2    Constant color register 2 (RGB)
GX_TEV_KCSEL_K3    Constant color register 3 (RGB)

I was wondering where I could find "op", since it isn't included in the stages. Hopefully I can find it somewhere in the TEV... Same with some color references that are referenced in the stages, they aren't actually found in them.

oh nice :D

I'll have to look into that a little more later on >_>
(got work tomorrow and Thurs.) >_<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 18, 2012, 01:19:08 PM #8197 Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:06:37 PM by Tcll
hey BJ...
you know I credit you big time right?? ;D

I just now tried out your Brbx to retry animation on DPv4.5,
as well as add a few extra features to him...

your work on the previewer is amazing :D

too bad you can't go higher than 60 for the speed =3=
(it's a bit slow)

honestly...
now I'm really bamfing myself because I really wish I could help ;D

btw...
you never told me what I should change on my resource thread,
or where your thread was at >_>

would you mind telling me please
*puts on egar face*

EDIT:
btw, if I may make a request (if I havn't done so already)

I have a bunch of modified MDL0 parts lying around...
(for the glowing parts for DP's eyes and body)

the request is that I'm able to import those parts and append them to the MDL0
(parts involve: Objects, Materials, verts, normals, and uv's)
^I'm only referencing the aready existing nodes and colors

for anyone interested:
to make the glow work as it should,
I'm just using the brightness enhancement node from the eyesYellow node-struct (shader1 in brbx)
(no I'm not changing the terms again)
^there's nothing better to call them other than 'Nodes' because of how they work >_>

and just reminding people again that the shader takes up almost all of the material...

EDIT2:
btw BJ...
do you know yet how to render fur with the shader??
(I wanna do it for Pika) :P

EDIT3:
well, I've gotten the glow materials added, referenced the proper nodes, and set the proper texture references in the material...

all that's left is to import the objects, verts, normals, and uv's,
set the reference in the texture data,
and set the definitions in 'DrawOpa' to allow alpha for 4 objects...

that should complete my model...
then it's off to animation :P
(right now his model only works as a T-pose)
^the other Pika's still move normally

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 16, 2012, 11:15:47 AM
mind helping me with my animation plugin later on?? :3
(supports all brawl animation types in a single package) :D

What would this help us moveset editors?

--
Quote from: Tcll on January 17, 2012, 03:24:01 AM
yes, I do have an interest in logic/script editing :3
(been wanting to figure out the formats for a while now)

anyways...
for my animation package...
it's just a small plugin for my converter I've got planned :P
(both programming and the formats need reserch) >_>

another future plan I need help with now is a system that implements programming
similar to blender's node editor...
eg:

  int           var
o[ 1 ]o----o[ My_Var ]o

^in Python, this would be the same as:
My_Var = int(1)

I just need some help with classes, functions, if/else's, and loops
Quote from: Xiggah on January 17, 2012, 09:55:30 PM
Sounds easy enough.

By the way, thread of eager-for-new-Brawlbox-posters, have some useful tidbits of knowledge: SRT0 editing for texture editing (mostly eye movements) is close to being finished. Here are 3 good examples of files with an unknown SRT0 keyframe set:

Spycloak (the invisibility SRT0 used for invisible Special Brawls, in FitXXXXXSpy.pac)
MetaRidleyFireballs (Meta Ridley's Fireballs)
Tabuu (AnimationData[30], Only his Cage, Cannon, Chain, Flare, Rush, and SplitBody/SplitBodyFlare have them, if you know which Models/Animations those are)

It's a bit hard to read, but does anyone else see a pattern that only Invisibility, Meta Ridley's Fireballs, and Tabuu's certain animations have in common? I see a connection between how their textures render.

Can't understand a thing O.O

Quote from: namq on January 18, 2012, 09:41:28 PM
Can't understand a thing O.O
None of us can :af:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


January 18, 2012, 09:49:34 PM #8200 Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:59:19 PM by BlackJax96
Tcll: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=39649.0

Btw,
output = (d ± ((1 - c) * a + c * b) + bias) * scale

Apparently "op" is the subtract value. If true, d -, if false, d +
Still don't know how to get the byte values for a b and c or the 10 bit signed val for d or apply the output in opengl...

Hey, neat little discovery! Too bad I can't understand it. LOL

Well I fixed the normal rotations completely now, in-game and in Brawlbox for all models, including imports (but the import fix is only applied in the Brawlbox I have atm).

I'd post an image, but imgur is blacked out. :srs: