Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 10, 2012, 12:58:43 PMMake the colors editable if they aren't yet (that's a really quick fix for sure) and let people edit them easily. But don't change the standard color when importing.
You can edit them, but it's not immediately obvious on how to do so. Click on the "Colors" node, then click on the line that has "RGBAPixel[] Array", and a small button with "..." should appear on the right. Click on that, and you can then change the RGBA values.

February 10, 2012, 05:42:32 PM #8941 Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 09:36:27 PM by Manki

Actually it just crashes when I save a brres file in general.

Quote from: RandomTBush on February 10, 2012, 03:58:27 PM
You can edit them, but it's not immediately obvious on how to do so. Click on the "Colors" node, then click on the line that has "RGBAPixel[] Array", and a small button with "..." should appear on the right. Click on that, and you can then change the RGBA values.

Oh, I did not test it yet, I was being based on what people were saying about it xD

I personally do not edit colors, cause I edit them previously in 3dsmax if needed, or use the automatic color thing when importing, and leave it in the default value (128).

Still, if that's the way, it looks a little hidden and not very friendly, but it's true that not many people are gonna try to edit them anyway.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

In-Brawlbox Tips ahoy. I could imagine a nice little FAQ section in the help toolbar, which would literally target every "noob" Brawlbox user.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 10, 2012, 12:58:43 PM
Material tool lets you globally edit them, only that the values are in hex... You would need to put 646464 in the color box, and press enter.

Anyway, about this:

Better not. Standard is 128, and should be kept like that. If certain characters are too bright, you can edit their textures to make them darker, or manually edit those color values to 100 or lower values. But not change the default.

Make the colors editable if they aren't yet (that's a really quick fix for sure) and let people edit them easily. But don't change the standard color when importing.

Anyway, a side effect of lowering the color values for the character is that the metal texture gets darker too. I mean, darker than other characters, when you compare them. I'm sure there's some way to darken just a little the materials by editing the shaders, cause my Mewtwo trophy looks slighly darker when a trophy shader is used instead of a character one. And changing the shader doesn't affect the metal texture, cause that one uses a different shader.

Isn't there some way the shade changes the colors of a model? I think that should be the primary thing to change in model imports rather than color nodes.

I have a suggestion for the new model previewer...

Automatic animation fixing when porting animations from/to sonic the hedgehog.
You know, a window comes up asking if it's for sonic  or not, if yes it ports it and corrects the arm rotations on it's own, if no it just runs the normal animation porter :)

Not sure if that'd be easy, but it's just an idea =3

Doesn't BrawlBox already do that. :srs:

And the fact that you want it specifically for Sonic makes your idea... dumb, simply.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote from: Tempo_ on February 10, 2012, 11:17:43 PM
Doesn't BrawlBox already do that. :srs:

And the fact that you want it specifically for Sonic makes your idea... dumb, simply.
^this :notimp:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Xiggah on February 10, 2012, 08:41:41 PM
In-Brawlbox Tips ahoy. I could imagine a nice little FAQ section in the help toolbar, which would literally target every "noob" Brawlbox user.

Isn't there some way the shade changes the colors of a model? I think that should be the primary thing to change in model imports rather than color nodes.

Actually "raster color" uses the color node's RGBA color as an input. I believe the 1 - c part of the color output is why changing the color node to 0,0,0,255 makes the model darker in game and changing it up to 255,255,255,255 makes it brighter, which is reverse of the standard color scheme (0 = white, 255 = black).

The shader only manipulates colors you input into it, so you need to actually specify the colors it uses somewhere else, which would be the texture, color node, konstant selection, a fixed value like 1, or one of the register colors.

And I already started actually making a help guide for Brawlbox under the help button... XD
I'll try to make the color nodes more easily editable too.

So, I recently downloaded the newest version of BrawlBox. It was working great, except that it seems unable to compress files properly. I went to edit my music titles in Info.pac, which was about 391 KB. After I finished editing, it froze Brawl, because the file size expanded to 1.20 MB. I tested BrawlBox by editing a clean Info.pac file, and only deleted one letter from the title of the main Brawl theme, and the file size shot up to 1.20 MB again. So, is anyone else aware of this glitch? I redownloaded .63d and it works great.
"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

I found a bug
It may have been mentioned but the newest version isnt compressing the common3.pac file correctly :(
I know this because it caused my common3 to break the file size limit while my older version did not when I added one model hack over the beamsword with no other item hacks


February 11, 2012, 01:21:59 PM #8950 Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:25:56 PM by jokekid
Quote from: Tempo_ on February 10, 2012, 11:17:43 PM
Doesn't BrawlBox already do that. :srs:

And the fact that you want it specifically for Sonic makes your idea... dumb, simply.

its not dumb, cuz sonic is the only character which has a bone rotated 180 degrees IN T-POSE!
so yeah, he is an exception...

edit: btw, if i were to make a stage, and that stage has a character imported too, would i use the character option or stage option when importing??? xD
this is a serious question...

Quote from: jokekid on February 11, 2012, 01:21:59 PM
its not dumb, cuz sonic is the only character which has a bone rotated 180 degrees IN T-POSE!
so yeah, he is an exception...

edit: btw, if i were to make a stage, and that stage has a character imported too, would i use the character option or stage option when importing??? xD
this is a serious question...
if ur adding a character to a stage, then use the character import option :P
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

February 11, 2012, 01:51:21 PM #8952 Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:58:40 PM by ɱillenia
crashed while using the Vis0 Syncronization with watching Kit's wait2 animation. Here's the error log:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.VIS0EntryNode.GetEntry(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelEditControl.ReadVis0()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelEditControl.SetFrame(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelEditControl.animTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
    Assembly Version: 0.65.4417.31977
    Win32 Version: 0.65.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/BrawlBox/BrawlBox.exe
----------------------------------------
BrawlLib
    Assembly Version: 0.12.4417.31971
    Win32 Version: 0.12.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/BrawlBox/BrawlLib.DLL
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

Edit: Figured it out (Well some was Dsx's) -  When an animation is saved, it doesn't modify the frame count on the Vis0, so when it tries to sync the Vis0 it'll crash. My Wait2's 125 frames while the vis0 was 172. Def needs a fix'in.
Quote from: jokekid on February 11, 2012, 01:21:59 PM
its not dumb, cuz sonic is the only character which has a bone rotated 180 degrees IN T-POSE!
so yeah, he is an exception...

edit: btw, if i were to make a stage, and that stage has a character imported too, would i use the character option or stage option when importing??? xD
this is a serious question...
Actually most char's Right leg is 180.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



I look out for the compression issue you guys are having... >.>

Quote from: ɱillenia on February 11, 2012, 01:51:21 PM
crashed while using the Vis0 Syncronization with watching Kit's wait2 animation. Here's the error log:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.VIS0EntryNode.GetEntry(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelEditControl.ReadVis0()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelEditControl.SetFrame(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelEditControl.animTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
    Assembly Version: 0.65.4417.31977
    Win32 Version: 0.65.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/BrawlBox/BrawlBox.exe
----------------------------------------
BrawlLib
    Assembly Version: 0.12.4417.31971
    Win32 Version: 0.12.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/BrawlBox/BrawlLib.DLL
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

Edit: Figured it out (Well some was Dsx's) -  When an animation is saved, it doesn't modify the frame count on the Vis0, so when it tries to sync the Vis0 it'll crash. My Wait2's 125 frames while the vis0 was 172. Def needs a fix'in.Actually most char's Right leg is 180.

Thanks, I'll fix it right away.

Quote from: jokekid on February 11, 2012, 01:21:59 PM
its not dumb, cuz sonic is the only character which has a bone rotated 180 degrees IN T-POSE!
so yeah, he is an exception...

Nah, practically every Brawl character has at least one bone turned 180 deg. Sonic is no exception.

I see now, the problem is when I save a file with a or import a pat0/texture pattern.
Does brawl box .65 have support with pat0 files? Its not working for me.