Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: KnightMario on February 18, 2012, 03:14:04 PM
do you think we could edit the model in the new previewer? I can't get 3ds max, and it would be awesome. It may be impossible, but still, you know...
If you can get milkshape, it's possible, you just won't have the skin modifier.

is it free, because I've heard otherwise.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

You're right, it is 30 dollars, last I checked.
if there's an FBX (trust me, I'm using the same brawl box you're all using. There's reason behind why it isn't a *.dae, yet XD) plugin, and you find a way to get brawl files into it, blender may work.

Quote from: KnightMario on February 18, 2012, 03:14:04 PM
do you think we could edit the model in the new previewer? I can't get 3ds max, and it would be awesome. It may be impossible, but still, you know...

You can get 3DS max for free if you sign up for a student account :/
Get a legal download code and then use the hack method to get the comercial version against the student version  :)

Whoa. I just got a free version, something wrong here?
Anyways, I think I'll use blender.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: KnightMario on February 18, 2012, 11:44:33 PM
Whoa. I just got a free version, something wrong here?
Anyways, I think I'll use blender.


Blender can be a little more edit-friendly, at least if you know how to use it.

Anyways, I need to hurry up and finish this translation coding. All these Calculus lll formulas are out of my league....

Quote from: Xiggah on February 19, 2012, 02:54:51 AM
Blender can be a little more edit-friendly, at least if you know how to use it.

Anyways, I need to hurry up and finish this translation coding. All these Calculus lll formulas are out of my league....

*Inbefore TCLL  promotes Blender over 3DS Max :happy:*
Soory man, had to XD

So yeah...any updates here on this shiz :srs:


Quote from: Albafika on February 19, 2012, 04:32:08 AM
... Back on topic please? I didn't subscribe to this thread for this. <_<
uh....exactly why I asked about an update at the end of my post...
*shrug*

I'm working on a converter to convert triangle indices to trifan and tristrip indices.
Confusing-as-hell-beanz, even more confusing than reverse-engineering file formats, I think. :srs:

All right, all right. I'll force BJ to teach me how to parse files and such  :af:

But for an update, that lazy cut-it-short gene is telling me to do a half-done job with translating bones, or to go with a really weird GUI. Might be best for me to move onto something else, especially something wanted more like those animation editing systems.

Hm, though it may take a while to add a built-in triangle-stripper into BrawlBox, would it be possible to add in support to read the triangle strips that are already set up in a DAE file? Right now, importing a triangle-strip DAE (or at least the ones I've tried) makes BrawlBox reject it.

So will you able to ever edit models in brawlbox? like dragging vertices?
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: RandomTBush on February 19, 2012, 06:28:50 AM
Hm, though it may take a while to add a built-in triangle-stripper into BrawlBox, would it be possible to add in support to read the triangle strips that are already set up in a DAE file? Right now, importing a triangle-strip DAE (or at least the ones I've tried) makes BrawlBox reject it.

Really? It should be able to convert tristrips to triangles. I have thought about doing that though. I just finished converting a C++ trifan/tristripper to C#, so if I can't get that to work correctly then I'll see if I can get importing tristrips straight from the DAE to work.

Quote from: KnightMario on February 19, 2012, 03:09:20 PM
So will you able to ever edit models in brawlbox? like dragging vertices?

no

Quote from: KnightMario on February 19, 2012, 03:09:20 PM
So will you able to ever edit models in brawlbox? like dragging vertices?
Some things are just best left for Modeling programs.