Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 74 Guests are viewing this topic.

Sorry if I offended you... but I'm just being honest. There may be a bunch of stuff you added that -I- specifically may not have a use for... that doesn't mean your hard work went to waste.

The bones seem to move easier, and the automated snap back seems toned down a bit... so thats an improvement, but all in all, I prefer the old look.

Currently that giant empty space at the bottom of the model previewer isn't helpful. All I'm saying is that the older model looked more efficient. Working wise, .66 may be better, but the look itself could have been left alone.

Ignoring aesthetics for a moment, it does seem to be better for animating, but the cramped screen is a bit irritating to deal with, and even though I'm getting used to it (because I'm committed to finishing Neji's attack11 and 12 with .66) the button map of .65c was better.


On a side note, does the moveset thing work (when you further expand the left side)? I haven't tried it yet, cause something tells me it doesn't... Does it show hitboxes? .65 only showed hurt boxes I believe... at least for me it did. Which is why I had to go and get .64, but if .66 can display hitboxes like .64 could I think it would be easier to get over the of viewer space.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

April 10, 2012, 06:45:03 AM #9631 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:46:17 AM by Nico
I'm going to release a minor-ly major update in a bit.
It will allow you to add EFLS entries and view static models.
Model viewer restructuring doesn't take to long, just setting up all the controls to work again is what takes time. So here's the plan:
1. Bone names aren't very long, so I'll move the bones panel over to where the moveset panel is.
2. I'll move the moveset panel over to the right side of the viewer.
3. I'll move the playback panel to dock next to the current animation editor that's shown.
4. The animation editors will also be smaller height-wise and longer width-wise.

Quote from: Kagemaru on April 10, 2012, 06:36:12 AM
Sorry if I offended you... but I'm just being honest. There may be a bunch of stuff you added that -I- specifically may not have a use for... that doesn't mean your hard work went to waste.

The bones seem to move easier, and the automated snap back seems toned down a bit... so thats an improvement, but all in all, I prefer the old look.

Currently that giant empty space at the bottom of the model previewer isn't helpful. All I'm saying is that the older model looked more efficient. Working wise, .66 may be better, but the look itself could have been left alone.

Ignoring aesthetics for a moment, it does seem to be better for animating, but the cramped screen is a bit irritating to deal with, and even though I'm getting used to it (because I'm committed to finishing Neji's attack11 and 12 with .66) the button map of .65c was better.


On a side note, does the moveset thing work (when you further expand the left side)? I haven't tried it yet, cause something tells me it doesn't... Does it show hitboxes? .65 only showed hurt boxes I believe... at least for me it did. Which is why I had to go and get .64, but if .66 can display hitboxes like .64 could I think it would be easier to get over the of viewer space.

That's just the thing. The look couldn't be left alone. The keyframe viewer was going to take up the whole right side, but now I think I'll have to rethink it through. Maybe use a new window for the keyframe viewer? Considering they'll be shown alongside a list of bones OR textures (not just bones like I had originally thought), I'll probably have to do that anyway and change the viewer around again.

Tell me how the above plan for the viewer goes.

And I haven't worked on the moveset stuff at all, so it's not any different.

I'll be sure to give you my hones opinion after you release it.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

personally, if I had the option, I'd have ALL of the tabs as pop out windows and tack em to my second monitor so I could have the main Full screen. It helps to have as much viewspace as possible for me to get down the tinyest animation details.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: RydiaFromFF2 on April 10, 2012, 06:54:05 AM
personally, if I had the option, I'd have ALL of the tabs as pop out windows and tack em to my second monitor so I could have the main Full screen. It helps to have as much viewspace as possible for me to get down the tinyest animation details.

Perhaps there can be a popout window for the middle panel someday.

Quote from: Nico on April 10, 2012, 06:55:00 AM
Perhaps there can be a popout window for the middle panel someday.
lol caught me in the middle of fixing my color XD
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Nico on April 10, 2012, 06:45:03 AM
I'm going to release a minor-ly major update in a bit.
It will allow you to add EFLS entries and view static models.
Model viewer restructuring doesn't take to long, just setting up all the controls to work again is what takes time. So here's the plan:
1. Bone names aren't very long, so I'll move the bones panel over to where the moveset panel is.
2. I'll move the moveset panel over to the right side of the viewer.
3. I'll move the playback panel to dock next to the current animation editor that's shown.
4. The animation editors will also be smaller height-wise and longer width-wise.

That's just the thing. The look couldn't be left alone. The keyframe viewer was going to take up the whole right side, but now I think I'll have to rethink it through. Maybe use a new window for the keyframe viewer? Considering they'll be shown alongside a list of bones OR textures (not just bones like I had originally thought), I'll probably have to do that anyway and change the viewer around again.

Tell me how the above plan for the viewer goes.

And I haven't worked on the moveset stuff at all, so it's not any different.
sounds like a nice update... also, it turns out that using BB 66 to convert models to V9 seems to mess them up.. not really sure y tho.. want me to send ya the model and see where it messed up at?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

April 10, 2012, 07:01:34 AM #9637 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:11:26 AM by BigOto2
Well, it looks like I've found the first big breaking bug. After creating a v5 SRT0, saving, then making a v4 PAT0 (after testing and finding that the SRT0 worked perfectly), the PAT0 worked properly, but the SRT0 didn't. Turns out all of the in-between-both-keyframes translation frames got messed up and became giant negative values, although both starting and ending keyframes stayed what they should be (0 -> 1, then loop).

This always occurs upon saving, and only appears when re-loading the file (when a PAT0 is also in the file or not?), and I have not managed to fix it or work around it myself.

Quote from: BigOto2 on April 10, 2012, 07:01:34 AM
Well, it looks like I've found the first big breaking bug. After creating a v5 SRT0, saving, then making a v4 PAT0 (after testing and finding that the SRT0 worked perfectly), the PAT0 worked properly, but the SRT0 didn't. Turns out all of the in-between-both-keyframes translation frames got messed up and became giant negative values, although both starting and ending keyframes stayed what they should be (0 -> 1, then loop).

This always occurs upon saving when a PAT0 is also in the file (or not?), and I have not managed to fix it or work around it myself.

Is it in scientific notation? Or does it literally not work in-game?

Quote from: DSX8 on April 10, 2012, 06:56:45 AM
sounds like a nice update... also, it turns out that using BB 66 to convert models to V9 seems to mess them up.. not really sure y tho.. want me to send ya the model and see where it messed up at?

Nah I'll just do it myself

Quote from: RydiaFromFF2 on April 10, 2012, 06:56:05 AM
lol caught me in the middle of fixing my color XD

lol I noticed :P

April 10, 2012, 07:29:01 AM #9639 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:26:07 AM by Carnage
bj or nico i still see the obj importer is buggy on some models it crashes and says that instance thing

also the model previewer doesnt update when bones are added or deleted until you reopen the file
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

wh00t     niice work Jax

its pretty kool how the faces and stuff change when playin animations now. i also like how the Bones, Floor, Reset Camera button things are mapped niicely at the top. its kinda weird seeing the play button at the top and other parts switched up but ill get used to it eventually.

this is REAL nitpicky.. uh.. that part that has been gettin on my nerves since 0.65B is how the "External Moveset File" thing pops up while tryin to close the left tab. it takes 3 clicks after having it opened in its first state to close. this can get really annoying after constant back and forth .pac editing, model viewing, hiding polys, and full-screen animation watching. in a future release, do you think its possible to disable the "External Moveset File" tab from ever popping up with a optional Options setting? or maybe make that tab only open from "View" at the top left?

anyway, im glad its out. i read pages back that it could safely delete objects, somethin i really wanna try out. this makes a import with multiple weapon sets and junk easier to prepare

April 10, 2012, 08:15:24 AM #9641 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:29:03 AM by pikazz
hell yeah! Nico you are awesome >u<
I love the PAT0 and SRT0 in preview! <3 it helps hacking and machinimating ALOT!

would be awesome if you could edit them in preview at the same time <w<
I lied, YOU CAN ALREADY! <33333

I miss your name :<

bugreport!
you can't edit PAT0 unless you have activated the editing for SRT0, then you can edit the PAT0.
meaning you can't edit PAT0 on character that does not have SRT0 D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

April 10, 2012, 09:27:55 AM #9642 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:38:53 PM by SOJ
Oh wow I just figured out that if you hold CTRL + ALT and press an arrow key it will toggle that side's tab.  I wish I had known this before.  Is there a list somewhere of other keyboard shortcuts in BrawlBox?

Edit: Oh ok there are a few more hotkeys in the OP.

Quote from: SOJ on April 10, 2012, 09:27:55 AM
Oh wow I just figured out that if you hold CTRL + ALT and press an arrow key it will toggle that side's tab.  I wish I had known this before.  Is there a list somewhere of other keyboard shortcuts in BrawlBox?
Ctrl + B shows or hides bones in model viewer when u play animations or pose models

and the panel keyboard shortcuts has been around since BB 0.64? idr
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Nico on April 10, 2012, 07:12:21 AM
Is it in scientific notation? Or does it literally not work in-game?

THATS YOUR FAULT BJ! :srs: I send you a model with that SRT0 problem and the PAT0 problem which is still in there  :srs:

Tip for the next time: [censored] on people that want the release so soon and let the Beta Testers test (obviously?) till they cant find any bugs anymore and fix them and release it when its fine :srs: