Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Snivy on May 12, 2012, 05:02:42 PM
Good theory, I was wondering what purpose they had also.


I'm only guessing this because only characters that have things that react to 'wind' seem to have them.

Ike, Snake, ZSS, Marth, Link, Zelda, captain falcon, Lucario, princess peach and ganondorf.
They all seem to have a 'havok' thing somewhere in their file, so it has to be something unique to those characters.

My uneducated guess points to one thing they all have in common, they all have parts of their model that reacts to wind and "gravity" different than other characters.

Quote from: Naruto200Man on May 12, 2012, 05:18:26 PM

Ike, Snake, ZSS, Marth, Link, Zelda, captain falcon, Lucario, princess peach and ganondorf.
They all seem to have a 'havok' thing somewhere in their file, so it has to be something unique to those characters.


no, every character and some kirby hat like sonic hat and some item like lipstick and smashball have this.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 12, 2012, 03:30:12 AM
Another question with the actions again, if it's possible or if you already managed to do it (I think this has been asked before. <_>), but will it be possible to add new Actions?

Answer that question yourself

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 12, 2012, 04:03:39 PM
BJ, the section that's labeled BoneRef2 in your image controls which bones are used for Item holding. HOWEVER, there's more indexes in the section that Tabuu doesn't show in the same relative area, including indexes used for Heavy Items (They use ThrowN) and ALL cllobbering items. Look in a hex editor in that area to see what I mean.

Lemme bring up an example pic....
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Taken from Snoopy's guide.

Way ahead of you. The bone references in that image are actually in two different sections:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Carnage on May 12, 2012, 08:38:15 AM
just wondering what do the bone floats 1 and 2 references do? are they  the boneref for items that are attached to the body like bunny hood and etc? thats the only refs we dont know yet,thats the only glitches port haves right now

I'm not sure what they do.
Take a look for yourself:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Sky Grounder on May 12, 2012, 08:41:59 AM
Real-time PSA editing + animations + SFX? This is insane! (In a good way.)
All that's left would be viewing GFX and PSA editing would be complete I guess...

And even then I can probably display anything that doesn't use the generic GFX that use IDs. Meaning I can get and render external models/articles in the correct place like ZSS' gun. I'm also pretty sure I know how the model visibility event works.

I just have to code Brawlbox to do something specific for each event.

Quote from: Anivernage on May 12, 2012, 04:41:55 PM
What is Havok-4.0.0-r1 files for?
i opened it on hex editor and i found this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's the physics file.
It stores float values and matrices for physical collisions and default trans/rot/scale of bones that use physics.

Quote from: pikazz on May 12, 2012, 05:58:55 AM
seriously O___O
I thought I couldn't be more hype but I was wrong.

thats awesome :DDDDDDDx1000

Well get more hype:




The timing of the script is a bit off from the animation but I'm working on it.

*Head explodes*
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

Quote from: Anivernage on May 12, 2012, 05:22:16 PM
no, every character and some kirby hat like sonic hat and some item like lipstick and smashball have this.

You apparently didn't read the part about it being an uneducated guess :srs:

BJ: I'm going to guess and say that those yellow lines on the hitboxes are the direction that the hitbox sends you flying :P

Very nice progress, now go break a single loaf of bread and feed 1,000 people *sarcasm*
But seriously good progress is good =3

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 12, 2012, 05:22:51 PM
Answer that question yourself
Now that I think of it, it would most likely be impossible. <_>
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Naruto200Man on May 12, 2012, 05:28:16 PMBJ: I'm going to guess and say that those yellow lines on the hitboxes are the direction that the hitbox sends you flying :P

lol you're actually right

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 12, 2012, 05:28:42 PM
Now that I think of it, it would most likely be impossible. &lt;_&gt;

No, fail.
You could add like 500 more actions if you wanted.

It says I can't run the newest version of Brawl Box due to not having NET frame work V4.0.30319. Is this a common issue? I haven't done any modding since the music hack was released.

And thus Box Crawling will be possible in PM and in my taunt pack. :p

You must have an updated framework to run the newer BB.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 12, 2012, 05:29:38 PM
No, fail.
You could add like 500 more actions if you wanted.
O_O Damn! That would really open up new PSA possibilities! Characters like Jigglypuff could finally get good PSAs!
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 12, 2012, 05:29:38 PM
lol you're actually right

No, fail.
You could add like 500 more actions if you wanted.

Ha XD I may be uneducated, but even I get lucky sometimes :P
Kinda like a blonde bonehead I know <_<

So you could completely rebuild the entire PSA? :D
Is there some way that brawlbox would tell you if something you coded would freeze the game or not when it happened? I mean in the psa editing. That would be a nice thing to have, since a lot more things can make a game freeze than filesize.

How goes the reft research by the way? =3

*Rest of body starts on fire*
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

May 12, 2012, 05:52:59 PM #10152 Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:54:43 PM by namq
Hitboxes viewer .... <3!
SFX previewer... <3!
GFX previewer. ... <3!
Real time psa editting... <3!

Adding more actions is a new addition!!!! This will help me out to make new stuff for my project!!! At last no glitches thx to sub action guiding, now guidding my chrcters to new actions will be the new era of PSA for me :-D

My project might go live sooner with this brawlbox achievements :-)

BlackJax, no words can describe what your doing, but "Flawless Great Job" might be near a good word to express how this new brawlbox looks like.

Question BJ:
Q: How would keyboard controls work?
A:
Q: Wiimote stuff?
A:
Q: This mean we can act as if we were teting the chracters as in the emulator?
A:

Quote from: Snivy on May 12, 2012, 05:49:57 PM
*Rest of body starts on fire*
*Reads post*
/NAMQ's body starts getting fire with hype reaction.

"Q: Wiimote stuff?
A:"

That would be cool. Wiimote does use bluetooth as applicable for iTouches. It could be synced with the PC.

so will I be able to paste a frame into the bindstate?
hopefully it isn't too much work.
and the pa so far is EXACTLY what I wanted.
will we able to view the animations in slow motion and click on a bone too add a hitbox there?
and maybe it would say which kind of hitbox?
the psa stuff is a lot to ask, but it would be awesome.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P