Okami has MDL0 files! Possibly CHR0 files, as welL!

Started by ForOhFor Error, January 01, 2011, 10:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nice find ForOhFor!

And this:

Quote from: BeyondYou on January 01, 2011, 11:06:17 PM
There could be some sexy stages made with some of the games areas. :af:

GUIDE PLOX.

No srsly, I want Okami stages. :af:

Quote from: OizenX on January 03, 2011, 07:48:27 PM
GUIDE PLOX.

No srsly, I want Okami stages. :af:

Guide to get the models:
1. Get the Okami ISO, extract _data0.afs from it. (I can't give you either)
2. Open it with a hex editor, search for bresþÿ, it can be form wherever you like (this signals a brres file). Write down the line offset of this line.
3. If the first few dozen lines have MDL0 in them, it contains models. (Note that no brres file I've found has both models AND textures...)
4. Search for the following bresþÿ (in HxD, search has a "forward" checkbox in the search window, use that) and take down its line offset.
5. Select everything from the start of the first bresþÿ's line to the end of the line BEFORE the second bresþÿ's line. Copy/paste this into a new file, and save it as a brres file (.BRRES) wherever you like.
6. Run this BRRES through the normal importing pack (header, material, and polygon fixes)

Finding the texture for that model:

1. Find the texture name for the the model (in textures1 of the model). It may have more than one texture, in which case use the first texture listed.
2. THERE IS NO TWO
3. Search for that texture name in _data0.afs's hex data.
4. If it's not in the range of the model brres's data, and the first few dozen lines of its brres contain PLT0 or TEX0, copy the brres it's in into a new file (follow steps 4 and 5 of previous guide)
5. That should be the textures you need. If not, retry.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Oh, BTW:

But for some reason, the bones aren't attached to the polygons. IE: It can't move.:notimp:
Oh, and it's 4 separate MDL0 files.:notimp:

FC: 2191-7379-6272

January 03, 2011, 09:29:17 PM #19 Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:30:52 PM by Yami no Vaati
Still, this is amazing as it is... I really hope that you can make progress with this!

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on January 03, 2011, 09:12:17 PM
Oh, BTW:

But for some reason, the bones aren't attached to the polygons. IE: It can't move.:notimp:
Oh, and it's 4 separate MDL0 files.:notimp:



I must haz that model(s). :happy:

Well, I just tested it in game and...... it doesn't 100% work.....
It has flashing polygons with no real texture >.>
It looks cool, but not like Okami....

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on January 03, 2011, 09:35:32 PM
Well, I just tested it in game and...... it doesn't 100% work.....
It has flashing polygons with no real texture >.>
It looks cool, but not like Okami....


I don't want to import it, I want to make a vertex using it as a base. ;D

Kay, here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/OkamiAmmy.pac

Use that collision data to view all the models at once.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on January 03, 2011, 10:23:33 PM
Kay, here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/OkamiAmmy.pac

Use that collision data to view all the models at once.


Thanks so much man. I owe you one. xD

You owe me nothing, except maybe a good Amaterasu hack XD

FC: 2191-7379-6272

And now for Waka's textures, please... :P

Couldn't find them...
And I did try...

FC: 2191-7379-6272

:O okay, apparently there's an AFS Explorer, which makes it easier but not easy. That is, it groups models with their textures, but everything is numbered, nothing is really named, and you still have to hex edit to get everything out.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to make this request or not, but can I request Yami's (form 1, giant ball thing) textures? Or like.... the whole Yami model too....