Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 ... 228
Author Topic: KH2/FF7/DIS Sephiroth V5.1 and FF8: Diablos V1, FFX/DIS Tidus V1.05 fixed issues  (Read 814915 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2775 on: July 25, 2011, 03:21:04 AM »

Still, i can beat him with regular Ganon hands down. That says something about Seph.

Fair enough XD  Even when I was using Sephy I found him very hard to get used to.  His playstyle is actually a very unique one.  No other character in Brawl plays like he does.  It's very refreshing, albeit not extremely rewarding.

xZedkiel
    Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2776 on: July 25, 2011, 03:23:06 AM »

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=19218

He's always been there DO lol

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #2777 on: July 25, 2011, 03:23:35 AM »

I tried giving him a landing lag but you can easliy get out of the animation by moving left, right, up, or down. I bet some coding might help but after using hells gate or air F, he will be helplessly frozen on the ground for awhile.
    Hm... Although, maybe forward air doesn't need that much lag now, since his kill moves are hard to land, as it is now, he deals GREAT damage, but has a tough time killing... A bit like Toon Link honestly, his kill power is kinda low really.

But think about it, down smash can punish spot dodge spam, since it has a lingering hit box, up smash should punish dodge rollers, if they were right up close to Sephiroth, then they could get hit rolling behind him... More likely so if you make the hit box last a few frames longer.

It's also a ledge jump punisher... Well it was before this update, that move needs it's kill power back.
    XD

Fair enough XD Even when I was using Sephy I found him very hard to get used to. His playstyle is actually a very unique one. No other character in Brawl plays like he does. It's very refreshing, albeit not extremely rewarding.
    What do you suggest then? What moves should have good kill power, or less lag?
    « Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:26:58 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2778 on: July 25, 2011, 03:26:56 AM »

Fair enough XD  Even when I was using Sephy I found him very hard to get used to.  His playstyle is actually a very unique one.  No other character in Brawl plays like he does.  It's very refreshing, albeit not extremely rewarding.
    Very true, he plays like no other. But he is underpowered a bit, like previously mentioned he needs a few buffs here and there.

It's also a ledge jump punisher... Well it was before this update, that move needs it's kill power back. XD
    Very true XD
    That's actually one of the main things i tripped over.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #2779 on: July 25, 2011, 03:27:48 AM »

It's rather difficult really.  I'll need to keep playing as him a lot more before I can make suggestions.  

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #2780 on: July 25, 2011, 03:29:25 AM »

It's rather difficult really.  I'll need to keep playing as him a lot more before I can make suggestions.  
    Alright, sounds good to me.

Say... Are my suggestions alright? Like with Hell's Gate having a sweet spot?

Or my damage ideas I made a few pages back?

DivineOverlord
    Supreme PSA Overlord
    Holy Kitten

Ready to hack SSB4? XD

• Awards Pin Collector KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2781 on: July 25, 2011, 03:29:53 AM »

ooooh I never saw that one XD

Hm... Although, maybe forward air doesn't need that much lag now, since his kill moves are hard to land, as it is now, he deals GREAT damage, but has a tough time killing... A bit like Toon Link honestly, his kill power is kinda low really.

But think about it, down smash can punish spot dodge spam, since it has a lingering hit box, up smash should punish dodge rollers, if they were right up close to Sephiroth, then they could get hit rolling behind him... More likely so if you make the hit box last a few frames longer.

It's also a ledge jump punisher... Well it was before this update, that move needs it's kill power back.
    XD

I'll upload a different version for everyone test out soon and see how it goes. Grin

edit: for hells gate, maybe the tip of the sword should be a sweet spot but it will have a hit box size of 2. just like zelda's kick in air.
    « Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:30:48 AM by DivineOverlord » Logged

Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB Cheesy

Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
    Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
    PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
    + Dante Update
    + sword master kirby
    + Loyd over Pit
    + DO/KJ fusion Ichigo

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2782 on: July 25, 2011, 03:31:52 AM »

I'll upload a different version for everyone test out soon and see how it goes. Grin
    edit: for hells gate, maybe the tip of the sword should be a sweet spot but it will have a hit box size of 2. just like zelda's kick in air.
    I like that idea, a little reward for hitting the right way. Sounds good to me.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #2783 on: July 25, 2011, 03:32:19 AM »

Nah, I was meaning on the ground, the explosion.

The closer to the center the foe is, the more kill power it has... It might not have been that way in Dissidia, but it makes sense for Brawl. Since that's where the life stream is coming out of. Tongue

xZedkiel
    Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2784 on: July 25, 2011, 03:33:08 AM »

Might make a custom Sephiroth to match my Cloud..
    Everyone oddly downloaded the ones with Regular hair instead of the ones with sexy alternate hair colors.. not impressed

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2785 on: July 25, 2011, 03:33:53 AM »

Nah, I was meaning on the ground, the explosion.

The closer to the center the foe is, the more kill power it has... It might not have been that way in Dissidia, but it makes sense for Brawl. Since that's where the life stream is coming out of. Tongue

I like that even more, does make sense brawl-wise. Isn't that like MK's tornado? I think that has more kill power in the center then it has at the edges.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #2786 on: July 25, 2011, 03:35:06 AM »

Alright, sounds good to me.

Say... Are my suggestions alright? Like with Hell's Gate having a sweet spot?

Or my damage ideas I made a few pages back?

Hey, as far as I can tell you're one of the main guys contributing to all the feedback here.  Infact, you, Wolfric and Apprentice of Death are the main reasons why I haven't felt the need to give feedback here really.  You three play as Sephiroth a lot, and know him much better than I do.  The feedback you give is great, and most of the suggestions have been key to the progression of this project.  

As long as you keep doing what you're doing, you're sure to get there eventually Wink

DivineOverlord
    Supreme PSA Overlord
    Holy Kitten

Ready to hack SSB4? XD

• Awards Pin Collector KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2787 on: July 25, 2011, 03:36:05 AM »

I like that even more, does make sense brawl-wise. Isn't that like MK's tornado? I think that has more kill power in the center then it has at the edges.

hmm guess so but the hitbox near him will have to be rather small, that starts at the moment the energy bursts out and ends 3 frames later.

Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB Cheesy

Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
    Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
    PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
    + Dante Update
    + sword master kirby
    + Loyd over Pit
    + DO/KJ fusion Ichigo

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #2788 on: July 25, 2011, 03:39:14 AM »

Might make a custom Sephiroth to match my Cloud..
    Everyone oddly downloaded the ones with Regular hair instead of the ones with sexy alternate hair colors.. not impressed
    Haaaa... People are strange with Cloud, I never would have thought AHVII Cloud would have gotten the amount it has...

If I were to download any versions of this color pack, it would be the one with the different hair colors.

Although most might have downloaded the normal hair versions, because that's how Brawl does it's pallets, very rarely changing the hair color...

Yeah, plus this gives the player a choice... "Do I want to wait til 145% to kill them? Or try to kill them now?"

See, there's pros and cons to this sweet spot, if the foe techs... They can punish you, however if you wait until 145%, there's less chance of punishment... So it's interesting, and gives you options.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2789 on: July 25, 2011, 03:46:02 AM »

hmm guess so but the hitbox near him will have to be rather small, that starts at the moment the energy bursts out and ends 3 frames later.
    How should i imagine that? I can't really "see" that.

Yeah, plus this gives the player a choice... "Do I want to wait til 145% to kill them? Or try to kill them now?"

See, there's pros and cons to this sweet spot, if the foe techs... They can punish you, however if you wait until 145%, there's less chance of punishment... So it's interesting, and gives you options.
    True and that's one of the things i like to have in there, more choices and chances to use. Makes it even more capable of combining techs and killing blows.
    « Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:46:56 AM by Sephira Beoulve » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 ... 228
    Print
    Jump to: