Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 228
Author Topic: KH2/FF7/DIS Sephiroth V5.1 and FF8: Diablos V1, FFX/DIS Tidus V1.05 fixed issues  (Read 828458 times)
_Data_Drain_
Master of the Dark Matter
Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #465 on: April 18, 2011, 10:36:29 AM »

Oh wow, I'm really wondering what the F-smash would animate like. Sephiroth's Dissidia EX Burst attack is awesome, and this'd be really cool if you actually did it right. But now you gotta think of a way to get by the bad camera angles on terrain...

I'm just throwin' ideas out here cause I'm not sure what would work. But what if his final smash hit them way up in the air first? Y'know, to get the opponent and Sephiroth away from the stage terrain. If it's possible, why not make double sure and just propel both Sephiroth and his opponent(s) really really high up, out of the normal boundaries. Would the camera still work up there for a Final Smash? I wonder if it would be safe to assume everyone who uses these PSAs would also have a limitless camera code.

Even if it did work, there's a few other problems that'd probably arise. Such as the final smash being a one-hit kill from any amount of damage if they were launched from that high up. But maybe you could make it hard to connect with, some start up lag for the attack for example, but it has a decent range. Kinda like Captain Falcon's F-Smash

Actually come to speak of it, Captain Falcon's Smash is very much like what you're trying to achieve. It's cinematic, and always out of the stage on a flat road so that it looks the same every time. Maybe that's worth looking into if you could incorporate that into the PSA somehow, just to get some random airspace for your final smash so that terrain doesn't get in the way of how it looks. And if it works the same way (damage/knockback-wise), then people wouldn't be KO'd from the get-go. Which is another good thing.

As for the Nair, I have a simple suggestion. Neutral airs aren't usually that flashy. You could have him just do a double swipe. I believe that's already similar to what Marth has at the moment.

For example,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ZaSipHuO4#t=2m10s

The best time to see what I'm talking about with be at 2:30. The double swipe just before he gets engulfed in flames would make for a neutral that keeps things simple, but is still one of Sephiroth's standard moves. You could make the hitbox reach a little bit behind him, but the idea is to keep that crazy range he has limited somehow, so that Sephiroth players don't start spamming neutral airs to encompass all living things around him :C

I'm also really excited to see what else you've done with the animations/end lag stuff!

Hm... Now that you bring that up... Maybe we should look for moves from Crisis Core as well... I think he had yet ANOTHER boss move set in that game... (And oddly, stole Culex from SMRPG's crystals. XD)

Also... That final smash idea... I'm not sure it would work or not... It could actually, a hard as hell to land one hit kill, the screen could go dark like the old Super Nova... It could work maybe, but, I have no idea of PSA coding, so that's why I said maybe.
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:45:33 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Lythro
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #466 on: April 18, 2011, 10:45:25 AM »

Haha. Maybe. Though I'd hate to pile on more daunting movelists when so much has already been done. I'm sure everyone working on this PSA would think it'll never stop tree-branching into more moves by now  Oh shi~

But if more fresh moves need be sought for. I'd think any game or movie sephiroth's been in would be fair game so long it worked well with the PSA.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #467 on: April 18, 2011, 10:47:07 AM »

Haha. Maybe. Though I'd hate to pile on more daunting movelists when so much has already been done. I'm sure everyone working on this PSA would think it'll never stop tree-branching into more moves by now  Oh shi~

But if more fresh moves need be sought for. I'd think any game or movie sephiroth's been in would be fair game so long it worked well with the PSA.
    I think forward air, and up air are based on AC, although... I do feel CC moves should be added to the list, since this is kinda a cross between all of his appearances, CC should have a move or two in the PSA.

Lythro
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #468 on: April 18, 2011, 10:53:33 AM »

I think forward air, and up air are based on AC, although... I do feel CC moves should be added to the list, since this is kinda a cross between all of his appearances, CC should have a move or two in the PSA.

Oh yeah, the fact that this PSA can grab someone, throw them up and then upAir them afterwards JUST like in Advent Children: Complete is seriously the coolest thing ever.

I'm all up for agreeing that this should be a combination of Sephiroth from all the games. I just don't want to ask for too much, or end up replacing a move that I really like.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #469 on: April 18, 2011, 10:59:10 AM »

Oh yeah, the fact that this PSA can grab someone, throw them up and then upAir them afterwards JUST like in Advent Children: Complete is seriously the coolest thing ever.

I'm all up for agreeing that this should be a combination of Sephiroth from all the games. I just don't want to ask for too much, or end up replacing a move that I really like.
    Neutral air could be what you suggested, I was actually thinking of a similar idea too... He does a multi slash in KH2 also... I just couldn't find a video of it... Your move though, it's about the same idea. XD

Lythro
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #470 on: April 18, 2011, 11:05:58 AM »

Neutral air could be what you suggested, I was actually thinking of a similar idea too... He does a multi slash in KH2 also... I just couldn't find a video of it... Your move though, it's about the same idea. XD

HEH. I'd imagine there's only so much variation Sephiroth would be bothered to have. So that makes sense.

"Swingin' tha sword... swingin' tha sword... swingin' tha sword..."

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #471 on: April 18, 2011, 11:12:39 AM »

HEH. I'd imagine there's only so much variation Sephiroth would be bothered to have. So that makes sense.

"Swingin' tha sword... swingin' tha sword... swingin' tha sword..."
    Yeah, and I say your neutral air idea's pretty good, as long as DO puts some end lag on it, and some landing lag... And I mean quite a bit of both, since, it would be a deadly spacing move, maybe it could also be easy to DI out of.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #472 on: April 18, 2011, 04:14:33 PM »

Just a tiny bit more range on his front than Marth's, and no hitting his back, and the same lagg as Marth's Nair, that would totally work.

Concerning Fair, leave it as it is, but add more end lagg, as in, not being able to do 2 Fairs on a shorthop before landing.

Lythro
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #473 on: April 18, 2011, 06:29:52 PM »

Just a tiny bit more range on his front than Marth's, and no hitting his back, and the same lagg as Marth's Nair, that would totally work.

Concerning Fair, leave it as it is, but add more end lagg, as in, not being able to do 2 Fairs on a shorthop before landing.

Actually, I think the Fair could be slowed down at the start as he's raising his sword. Not only would it make it less spammable, but it'll "look" stronger. Like he's building up a bit more power for what is a very large frontal swing attack. In other words, don't change the attack and leave it as it, except for a slower start up.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #474 on: April 18, 2011, 06:40:50 PM »

Actually, I think the Fair could be slowed down at the start as he's raising his sword. Not only would it make it less spammable, but it'll "look" stronger. Like he's building up a bit more power for what is a very large frontal swing attack. In other words, don't change the attack and leave it as it, except for a slower start up.
    That's... Also not a bad idea, since I think in AC, he didn't swing super fast... Yeah... That sounds good to me.

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #475 on: April 18, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »

If we're talking AC moves...
    ( There are images in the spoilers. If they don't appear just let them load. )

This should be his run attack. He does a quick spin swipe.

Btw Sephiroth DOES use his arms and legs to attack.

His Forward-Tilt should be a combo.
    Sword slash, punch, punch, slash, slash, stab, stab, elbow, knee.
    You have to hit the opponent to start the combo.
    And if you miss, the further in you are in the combo the longer the end lag.
    But the last attack has high damage and knockback as well as no end lag.
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:11:22 PM by Apprentice Of Death » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #476 on: April 18, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »

...This sounds Balanced to you?

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #477 on: April 18, 2011, 07:08:29 PM »

Erm... Didn't DO say he already changed the forward tilt? Plus... As Wolfric said, it seems unbalanced or something... or just a bit un-Brawl like, plus that would be VERY hard to animate, and would be, if it hits right, broken, and if it's easy to DI out of, it would be unpractical...

Although, the dash attack sounds alright, just give it end lag and what not.
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:09:31 PM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #478 on: April 18, 2011, 07:10:46 PM »

Alright well forget the last move being any stronger then.
    It would be neat to have Sephiroth use a combo which includes him attacking with his limbs.
    Sort of like Marths forward special? I think it was. But a bit longer.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #479 on: April 18, 2011, 07:11:18 PM »

Stop looking for fancy cute awesome epic moves that would end up OP, guys.

Dash attack looks decent enough, yes.

Pages:  1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 228
    Print
    Jump to: