Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 228
Author Topic: KH2/FF7/DIS Sephiroth V5.1 and FF8: Diablos V1, FFX/DIS Tidus V1.05 fixed issues  (Read 828305 times)
Tasty Pumpkin Clock
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #480 on: April 18, 2011, 07:13:05 PM »

Alright in THAT case. We shorten it. A sword slash to start, then a punch, a stab, and elbow, and a knee.
    Nothing fancy, similar to Marth's special combo.
    (obviously whenever someone has spare time)
    Yay or nay?
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:15:30 PM by Apprentice Of Death » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #481 on: April 18, 2011, 07:15:56 PM »

Alright in THAT case. We shorten it. A sword slash to start, then a punch, a stab, and elbow, and a knee.

Nothing fancy, similar to Marth's special combo.

For a combo tilt? It would work as a special, yes, but not for a tilt... It's adding too much! The Up Tilt is being an exageration already, it's something no other character have, and now a ftilt combo?

Now you get what I mean with "fancy"?

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #482 on: April 18, 2011, 07:19:26 PM »

For a combo tilt? It would work as a special, yes, but not for a tilt... It's adding too much! The Up Tilt is being an exageration already, it's something no other character have, and now a ftilt combo?

Now you get what I mean with "fancy"?
    True, although, if a character has something unique, while still being balanced, it's alright...

However, that idea sounds a bit... Odd... It's not that unbalanced... It just seems kinda pointless, in Brawl at high level play, spacing is very important... But that move seems strange, "A sword slash to start, then a punch, a stab, and elbow, and a knee"... So it gets shorter range as it goes along... Kinda seems odd for a combo move.

I want to see what DO came up with.
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:21:11 PM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #483 on: April 18, 2011, 07:30:36 PM »

The only reason I didn't suggest it as a special is because all of them are taken.
    As are the smashes. And yes like Data said it may be a bit different but as long as it's balanced then why not?
    A forward smash combo and a separate forward tilt combo.

As for the actual combo I didn't mean that exact set of moves (slash,punch,stab,elbow,knee)
    I was just brain storming.

But yeah I imagine a slash that sorta knocks em away a bit, then he jumps forward and punches, (forget the stab), then an elbow (maybe knocks them down) and a knee which knocks them forwards.

The first tilt will have the damage of a regular weak tilt and the other attacks will just be weaker follow ups.
    Sephiroth doesn't have much room for combos so this would be a nice bit of diversity.
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:31:51 PM by Apprentice Of Death » Logged

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #484 on: April 18, 2011, 07:47:04 PM »

The only reason I didn't suggest it as a special is because all of them are taken.
    As are the smashes. And yes like Data said it may be a bit different but as long as it's balanced then why not?
    A forward smash combo and a separate forward tilt combo.

As for the actual combo I didn't mean that exact set of moves (slash,punch,stab,elbow,knee)
    I was just brain storming.

But yeah I imagine a slash that sorta knocks em away a bit, then he jumps forward and punches, (forget the stab), then an elbow (maybe knocks them down) and a knee which knocks them forwards.

The first tilt will have the damage of a regular weak tilt and the other attacks will just be weaker follow ups.
    Sephiroth doesn't have much room for combos so this would be a nice bit of diversity.
    Hm... But then again, combo moves are too easy to get out of in Brawl, heck, Octoslash, you sometimes can shield it, even AFTER getting hit by the first hit, so... Unless it's Brawl+, there's not enough hit stun to really make use of a long drawn out combo move...

(Plus, he has a great approach with his dodge roll cancel he has.)

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #485 on: April 18, 2011, 07:51:24 PM »

This Sephiroth you're wanting to achieve falls in the category of OP, it's unBrawlistic, Fsmash and Up Tilt are just too much unBrawlistic already, and now a ftilt combo? Come on guys... Seriously.

We should be aiming at something simplier, just look at SDo0m's Cloud, doesn't his Cloud fits perfectly on vBrawl? He has a normal Up Tilt, and all the A moves with the exception of Ftilt which has a 3 hits combo, but other characters have this (Meta Knight, Snake has 2 hits), but this one have Up Tilt, Fsmash, now FTilt, among other things! It's too much for vBrawl standards.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #486 on: April 18, 2011, 08:04:44 PM »

This Sephiroth you're wanting to achieve falls in the category of OP, it's unBrawlistic, Fsmash and Up Tilt are just too much unBrawlistic already, and now a ftilt combo? Come on guys... Seriously.

We should be aiming at something simplier, just look at SDo0m's Cloud, doesn't his Cloud fits perfectly on vBrawl? He has a normal Up Tilt, and all the A moves with the exception of Ftilt which has a 3 hits combo, but other characters have this (Meta Knight, Snake has 2 hits), but this one have Up Tilt, Fsmash, now FTilt, among other things! It's too much for vBrawl standards.
    Well, look at the bright side... At least he doesn't have three forward smashes. XD

Honestly, Octoslash was a kill move in Dissidia, it would be odd to not have it in there... Plus, Link has a two part forward smash, Zelda has a multi hitting forward smash... So... Octoslash is alright once it gets end lag, up tilt... Okay, that is odd, but Aaf wanted it that way, plus that Naruto PSA has a projectile up tilt... And it has hardly any hit stun, and it's not too spamable... So it's alright I guess.

But again, didn't DO say he already made a new forward tilt?

Anyway, lets break this up, before it gets out of hand.
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:08:20 PM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

OmegaMalkior
    Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• Awards Heart Container Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #487 on: April 18, 2011, 08:07:21 PM »

This Sephiroth you're wanting to achieve falls in the category of OP
    Then it should be added to OP version. In the first place the PSA should be extremly OP since it is Sephiroth we're dealing with here.

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
    SSBB Name: Omega
    SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
    SSBB rank: I don't even know
    Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #488 on: April 18, 2011, 08:09:56 PM »

Then it should be added to OP version. In the first place the PSA should be extremly OP since it is Sephiroth we're dealing with here.
    Well now, that might not be a bad idea, I feel the broken version should be boss like...

(Although, I disagree with the second thing you said, he's a very balanced character in both Dissidia, and Dissidia 012... But I do feel a legit boss PSA might be neat, like... Still having a weakness, but being very powerful, way passed Meta Knight's tier, but not unbeatable...)
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:16:02 PM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

xZedkiel
    Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #489 on: April 18, 2011, 08:16:45 PM »

Combine the above with extreme range, flying, and a full stage final smash at 100% damage. Also, high damage attacks, attacking after roll dodging, etc. Up Tilt though, is perfect Cheesy

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #490 on: April 18, 2011, 08:19:58 PM »

OP version doesn't needs balance, we're working here with the Balanced version, guys. xD

Fsmash, in my opinion it's too much, I mean, wouldn't it be better to have it as a side B similar to Marth's side B? It could work as Octoslash, and have his A attacks vBRawl like, or Cloud like, or make his actual Fsmash slide less... He covers 2/3 of Final Destination with it... And trust me, when using or fighting a CPU it seems balanced, but I'm fighting my friends using it everyday and Sephiroth's Op, unlike Cloud, which the victories are only achieved when you connect his Fsmash on the 3 stocks. lol

Combine the above with extreme range, flying, and a full stage final smash at 100% damage. Also, high damage attacks, attacking after roll dodging, etc. Up Tilt though, is perfect Cheesy

This man is wise, all that is too much already.

Lythro
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #491 on: April 18, 2011, 08:27:21 PM »

lol.

I think what Divine Overlord needs to do is decide for himself just what audience he's trying to appease to and stick with what he's happy working on. As a wise man once said; a dog that chases twenty rabbits is going to get pissed off.

Personally I find it crazy to have Forward smash attacks more than 2. Link's is cool but that was one of his few redeeming features from being slow. When you get more smash moves It then has to be nerfed to the point that it does no knockback or damage unless comboed just right. It seems to loose the point of a "smash" attack if it's just a swipe swipe swipe combo. I end up just not using it.

This Sephiroth is already flashy and cool. any more crazy moves and we're stepping into Tekken territory :C

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #492 on: April 18, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »

lol.

I think what Divine Overlord needs to do is decide for himself just what audience he's trying to appease to and stick with what he's happy working on. As a wise man once said; a dog that chases twenty rabbits is going to get pissed off.

Personally I find it crazy to have Forward smash attacks more than 2. Link's is cool but that was one of his few redeeming features from being slow. When you get more smash moves It then has to be nerfed to the point that it does no knockback or damage unless comboed just right. It seems to loose the point of a "smash" attack if it's just a swipe swipe swipe combo. I end up just not using it.

This Sephiroth is already flashy and cool. any more crazy moves and we're stepping into Tekken territory :C

Exactly, I mean, have in mind MOST characters in vBrawl aren't as they are on their games, too. We don't need to have a Godly Sephiroth in vBrawl just because he is on his game, 'cause if this was the case, Ganondorf would only die if hit by Link's Master Sword or Zelda's Holy Arrow (Final Smash), but he's not.

As awesome as these moves looks, they feel unBrawlistic (THOUGH, this all PERFECTLY fits OP version), and DO have to decide himself this, too, or just get something from our Moveset debate.

I mean, we all want to have a Sephiroth as competent as SDo0m's Cloud on vBrawl, right? Not a Godly one.. Or is it only me?
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:35:39 PM by Wolfric » Logged

Lythro
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #493 on: April 18, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »

Exactly, I mean, have in mind MOST characters in vBrawl aren't as they are on their games, too. We don't need to have a Godly Sephiroth in vBrawl just because he is on his game, 'cause if this was the case, Ganondorf would only die if hit by Link's Master Sword or Zelda's Holy Arrow (Final Smash), but he's not.

As awesome as these moves looks, they feel unBrawlistic (THOUGH, this all PERFECTLY fits OP version), and DO have to decide himself this, too, or just get something from our Moveset debate.

I mean, we all want to have a Sephiroth as competent as SDo0m's Cloud on vBrawl, right? Not a Godly one.. Or is it only me?

I don't use many PSAs at all. I just like to play Brawl+ and have Cloud, Sephiroth and Shadow in the game (with sonic too, so I have to wait for the glitches to be ironed out).

So in other words. I love the idea of implementing more PSAs/characters. Don't find the idea of making all the moves utterly crazy though.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #494 on: April 18, 2011, 09:19:11 PM »

lol.

You know... As un-Brawl as this is... Aafyre suggested that Octoslash be the full charge forward smash attack, while the uncharged one is a single slash...

Well... I guess it could work honestly, and the uncharged one could be like Hollow's version?

(Or that GTFO move that was added in Dissidia 012, that one I showed awhile back...)

Pages:  1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 228
    Print
    Jump to: