KH2/FF7/DIS Sephiroth V5.1 and FF8: Diablos V1, FFX/DIS Tidus V1.05 fixed issues

Started by DivineOverlord, February 09, 2011, 10:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on June 27, 2011, 12:53:54 AM
How about they slow down for a moment? Or something... isn't there anything that can render them helpless (and still) for a moment? And is easy to do?
But that would be ridiculous... For a final smash, or something like Cloud's Omni Slash V5, slowing time down is one thing, but it's another for a spammable attack.

June 27, 2011, 01:04:47 AM #1891 Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:05:54 AM by Apprentice Of Death
He goes into a helpless fall right? So he couldn't attack after, and it would only last like a second or two.

Nevermind. But still it would only last a second, just to make the attack look more authentic, but it wouldn't actually affect anything.

Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on June 27, 2011, 01:04:47 AM
He goes into a helpless fall right? So he couldn't attack after, and it would only last like a second or two.

Nevermind. But still it would only last a second, just to make the attack look more authentic, but it wouldn't actually affect anything.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on June 27, 2011, 12:55:54 AM
But that would be ridiculous... For a final smash, or something like Cloud's Omni Slash V5, slowing time down is one thing, but it's another for a spammable attack.
^ This, and, I don't want the game to freeze all the players in-game for a second everytime thatattack is used. Drop it, it can't be done.

Um... i have some questions, what happens if you try to block his aerial forward special? do the hitboxes still come out and you block them? How much shield damage does it do (how much it shrinks the shield)? And does it effect how far he travels with it?
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

Quote from: Cloudy on June 27, 2011, 04:41:06 AM
^ This, and, I don't want the game to freeze all the players in-game for a second everytime thatattack is used. Drop it, it can't be done.

No, no, no not all players, just the one he goes through, if he goes through. To make it look like the attack.

Quote from: Cloudy on June 27, 2011, 04:41:06 AM
Drop it, it can't be done.
Sounds rather [censored]y the way you said that dude. I could tell he only meant the one being attacked and hit by it and it's not just about you, you're not alone. I for one wouldn't mind if this gets in and freezes the one being hit, gives me a more real Sephiroth feeling.

Quote from: Shiina on June 27, 2011, 09:54:21 AM
Sounds rather [censored]y the way you said that dude. I could tell he only meant the one being attacked and hit by it and it's not just about you, you're not alone. I for one wouldn't mind if this gets in and freezes the one being hit, gives me a more real Sephiroth feeling.
But it likely CAN'T be done, you could increase the hit lag, but... That would likely be easy to DI out of... Or... Wait... Oh dear... You know? It might be possible... Since Zelda has the thunder kick... With a lot of hit lag... Is there a value that controls hit lag, and can make it hard to DI out of?

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on June 27, 2011, 10:03:45 AM
But it likely CAN'T be done, you could increase the hit lag, but... That would likely be easy to DI out of... Or... Wait... Oh dear... You know? It might be possible... Since Zelda has the thunder kick... With a lot of hit lag... Is there a value that controls hit lag, and can make it hard to DI out of?
Oh yeah, her kick delays like crazy. Kinda like Captain Falcon's knee but her's is longer. But i have no idea if something controls it or how high it can go if there is. o.o'

Also, gonna read back some feedback given here. I played Sephi last night again and i wanna see if i don't repeat stuff XD




Quote from: Shiina on June 27, 2011, 10:08:35 AM
Oh yeah, her kick delays like crazy. Kinda like Captain Falcon's knee but her's is longer. But i have no idea if something controls it or how high it can go if there is. o.o'

Also, gonna read back some feedback given here. I played Sephi last night again and i wanna see if i don't repeat stuff XD
Quite a lot has already been said... Man though, I just hope Hollow sees this latest idea though... Increasing the hit lag might indeed work... But it would need to be less then Zelda's, or Falcon's, but enough to be like it is in Dissidia.

Quote from: Cloudy on June 23, 2011, 08:08:07 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's some landing animation, not just that one, but there's a landing animation that does that... See if you can fix it.

His dash turning animation... You can actually cancel it into smash attacks, and to a turning smash attack... Take this how ever you want, I'm not sure if this is broken.

Oblivion's hit box is too big, it should only work if Sephiroth passes through you, I was above Meta Knight, and it hit him... Plus, he needs to stay still after it hits, or misses, like in Dissidia.

I fully agree with Wolfric with the down throw, it needs to make the foe lay down, like after Snake's down throw, it also has a LOT of base knock back... It looks unrealistic... Also... Is there anyway to make him not go through the ceiling? Like Kirby, or Meta Knight's up throw?

Back throw... The animation seems odd, he's hitting them downward, but they go flying upward... It just seems odd.

I still say Hell's Gate needs start up lag... There are times when you can actually spike the foe, without dieing with it... But then again, it is pretty hard to do though, but it's doable, since the spike collision is on all of the blade.

Godspeed could use a bit of end lag to be honest.

Now I do not know how the heck I did this, but I swear I got Octoslash to work without charging... I think, just make sure there's no way he can do it without fully charging forward smash.

...Until I find more, I hope this helps out, it's pretty close to being finished. :)

Edit: Hey, you took my suggestion for a that FFVII win pose... Nice!

It's a bit faster then it was in the game, but it's a very nice victory pose.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on June 23, 2011, 09:18:08 PM
Oh, AoD, Heartless Angel could do about 30% damage, that would be perfect, since it's powerful, without being Final Smash like.
This pretty much said my thoughts.. XD
I had the glitch as well, kinda annoying to get v_v



Quote from: Calamitas on June 26, 2011, 07:43:14 PM
[spoiler]Soo... I guess I'll just give a bit of feedback, though, it isn't that much... but I guess a lot was already said, so it's alright.

Aerial Side B - LOVE this move, though I have no idea what the hell it's even based off. But just one thing... maybe add some sort of effect to Sephiroth while he's "dashing"? I don't know, it just seems a bit graphically odd to me at the moment.

Down Throw - I like the concept of this, but I think it needs a few more tweaks to the animations.

Back Throw - ...That animation is just dumb. I don't care how, just fix it.
That, and knockback for it just seems to be too strong.

This point is a bit minor, but... his walking speed just doesn't seem to fit his animation. Maybe slow him down a bit more, so that it fits?


...
So, yeah, these are my thoughts on this. This is definately, like, a vast improvement over the previous version, and he already does feel quite a bit like an actual Brawl character, but there are still some details that need to be fixed.
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on June 26, 2011, 10:27:53 PM[spoiler]
Alright, to elaborate on what Cal said.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuHs9kNedkw&feature=player_embedded
Look at 0:46 or 0:45, that's Oblivion, There a little bit of slash effects on the foe, when they get hit, also, Sephiroth Does the whole animation... Even if he misses, so he has a lot of end lag on it when it misses, thus leaving him WIDE open, You could also put the sword trail on his sword during the move, since he has it in Dissidia...

One more thing about that move, as I said before, it's hit box is too tall, you can hit foes without touching them if they are below you... Make it to where he HAS to pass them to hit.

The throw animations... Alright, I agree, while I won't be as harsh, the animations could use some work on those two throws, down throw... I love the idea behind that one, it's very good, it just needs some fixes, like... I feel that Sephiroth should maybe face the screen? Since the foe faces the screen too.

Back throw... Well, I think the slash should be done faster, and a horizontal slice, kinda like Meta Knight's back throw, I just thought if something... Maybe it could look like the third slash of Reaper? It's shown at 0:37 in that video... Heck, maybe that can be the throw, he turns around, and throws them?[/color]

And yeah, he walks too fast, he needs to slowly creep up on the foe, his animation suggests he's going pretty slow when he walks.
Yeah but, the old down throw was kinda broken... You could catch them out of the air, and kill them at low percentage... Personally, I'm kinda glad it's changed.

And yeah, forward air should be changed to the chase mode brave attack, it would still work the same, but look more in character.

And this is pretty much my idea for animations as well xD


God now i feel useless for testing XD



Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on June 27, 2011, 10:14:28 AM
Quite a lot has already been said... Man though, I just hope Hollow sees this latest idea though... Increasing the hit lag might indeed work... But it would need to be less then Zelda's, or Falcon's, but enough to be like it is in Dissidia.
Yeah, i hope he does. It does give a bit more Sephiroth feeling to the moveset. It has a lot of Sephi feel, but this would just make it even more.

God i wish we could just import Sephi from Dissidia with everything with him. Pure win that would be XD

So, how is this going to work?

He dashes, the opponent is hit with lots of lag, then the slashes come? I don't know....hitlag stops both people, not just the one being hit, and since the initial attack would be very strong, a hitlag flag wouldn't do much either. But I suppose that would be better then nothing.

Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on June 27, 2011, 05:40:10 AM
No, no, no not all players, just the one he goes through, if he goes through. To make it look like the attack.
Quote from: Puraidou on June 27, 2011, 09:54:21 AM
Sounds rather [censored]y the way you said that dude. I could tell he only meant the one being attacked and hit by it and it's not just about you, you're not alone. I for one wouldn't mind if this gets in and freezes the one being hit, gives me a more real Sephiroth feeling.

The problem is, as Data mentioned in the post I quoted, so far, it's not possible to only freeze a single character, instead, it'd freeze them all. Using hitlag might work, but I'm not too sure about it.

The fact that it makes both characters lag actually makes it work better since that attack is supposed to have lots of end lag anyway.

Quote from: Cloudy on June 27, 2011, 08:27:43 PM
The problem is, as Data mentioned in the post I quoted, so far, it's not possible to only freeze a single character, instead, it'd freeze them all. Using hitlag might work, but I'm not too sure about it.

Haven't you read the last posts?

As long as a third person is unnaffected by lag, I'd love this.

I wasn't trying to sound [censored]y, and I'm not giving feedback for my own and only likings, Pride, I was just stating it wasn't possible, 'cause if it was, Sdo0m would have done it with Cloud's Omnislash, but, instead, it freezes all the players.

Quote from: Cloudy on June 27, 2011, 08:27:43 PM
The problem is, as Data mentioned in the post I quoted, so far, it's not possible to only freeze a single character, instead, it'd freeze them all. Using hitlag might work, but I'm not too sure about it.
Why not use Hit-stun? :X

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
SSBB Name: Omega
SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
SSBB rank: I don't even know
[spoiler]Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden: