Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

I'm going to use my own music rips, found here. I really should upload those to BrawlVault so people can find them. They're converted directly from Melee's HPS files.

I don't think I'll use Melee Battlefield or Icicle Mountain, because I think they're just textures of Brawl stages. But I might include Melee Peach's Castle and Flat Zone 2. They're not as accurate as the others, but they are unique.

Quote from: libertyernie on February 15, 2011, 05:31:57 PM
I'm going to use my own music rips, found here. I really should upload those to BrawlVault so people can find them. They're converted directly from Melee's HPS files.

I don't think I'll use Melee Battlefield or Icicle Mountain, because I think they're just textures of Brawl stages. But I might include Melee Peach's Castle and Flat Zone 2. They're not as accurate as the others, but they are unique.
I've found that the files made by .HPS-> anything converters are usually too quiet to put directly into Brawl. Did you do any sort of editing to them whatsoever?

No, but they seem loud enough to me. That's what I did in the Classic Expansion Pack 1.0, anyway.
The converter I actually wrote myself (sort of); it's here (or it will be, when Smashboards starts working again.)

Freezes for me :( If I keep the Info folder freezes before the game starts and without it freezes at SSS screen...
I'm using Neogamma Btw. Any idea on how to fix it?
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

You could try getting rid of sc_selmap.pac and sc_selcharacter2.pac, and using the common5.pac in for-riivolution-users instead (put it in pf/system.) I don't know if that would help, but it's worth a shot.
If that works, maybe there's a problem with sc_selmap. Is it freezing for anyone with Gecko? I usually use Riivolution myself.


That empty icon will be used for Final Destination 64 when it comes out. I'll also include KTH's updated Yoshi's Island 64.
Note how the whole top row, as well as the icons for FD64, Battlefield 64, and Metal Cavern are pushed back. Do you like it? Facility should be pushed back too, but I forgot.

The two icons on the top are Princess Peach's Castle and Great Bay. I put them up there because they don't quite fit the same quality standard, but I wanted to include them (Princess Peach's Castle is the differently shaped castle from Mario Kart, while Great Bay is a 2D stage). Between them are the three Trophy Tussle icons.

um... this seems to cause freezes online, anyone else have this problem?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19502.msg351735#msg351735

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

You're not choosing "Random", are you?
If not, the problem might be in my switching around stages' icon/ID pairs in the Custom SSS code in order to change which ones appear in the random stage select. I wouldn't think that would be the case, but it's a possibility.

nope i was trying to play with ssj, an we chose melee final destination and it froze. never got to test other stages.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19502.msg351735#msg351735

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Did you both have this same pack?

yes sir
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19502.msg351735#msg351735

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

wow, the mewtwo pack but with only classic stages, nice one buddy




It might be that the added stages just don't work with Wifi. Hmm...
In that case, I suppose you and your friend could replace the regular Final Destination with the Melee one, and do the same with any other stages you want to use (you'll need .rel files, and to make sure you both do it in the same way.)


I'll put that in. I'm making SSPs for it right now. :)