Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Quote from: libertyernie on July 24, 2013, 12:24:36 AM

Post Merge: July 24, 2013, 12:26:37 AM
I just downloaded it. The stages are all the same (so far, at least.) I'm going to wait until an official Brawl- release happens, unless that takes a really long time.

It will take a pretty long time, so don't rush it out. We haven't even finished half the roster yet. and stages will come after we do characters.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Quote from: libertyernie on July 24, 2013, 12:24:36 AM
Classic Expansion Pack 5.4m - July 23, 2013
just downloaded it. The stages are all the same (so far, at least.) I'm going to wait until an official Brawl- release happens, unless that takes a really long time.
this is a official release, let me explain, a while ago on there facebook they had a pole on what to call the final version of Brawl Minus. the poll winner was Brawl Minus Maximum.

Quote from: DocStrange on July 24, 2013, 03:48:30 PM
The portraits are blurry because they're in a lower resolution to keep file sizes from getting too big.

Post Merge: July 24, 2013, 03:50:42 PM

So... the question I'm sure has been asked before, but I didn't see: can the P:M version be combined with cBliss? I'm assuming no since each needs their own modified common5, but do you have any plans on attempting this?

Thanks for the answer. I can live with the blurryness, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I screwed up myself.

I foolishly endeavored to combine the expansion pack and cBliss today myself. I can tell you with confidence that as it stands it doesn't work and has terrible, terrible consequences.

Quote from: nerdbot on July 25, 2013, 04:12:00 AM
I foolishly endeavored to combine the expansion pack and cBliss today myself. I can tell you with confidence that as it stands it doesn't work and has terrible, terrible consequences.

I have Project M, Stage Expansion, and cBliss working flawlessly! If you're having issues with cBliss, use Mewtwo2000's cBliss program to put the code into your gct: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i6jo89480via4/cBliss_Tool

All of the filler characters from the cBliss thread work, too.

EDIT: Export char_bust_tex-lz77 and MiscData[90] from sc_selcharacter in cBliss's menu2 folder, and MiscData[40] from sc_selmap in cBliss's menu2 folder. After that, replace them accordingly in your common5.pac for Project M.

Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

I have been playing 5.4m SSE Pack and here are some SSS problems:

Key: Stage Select Icon -> Actual Stage

Mushroomy Kingdom -> Metal Cavern
Luigi`s Mansion -> Dracula`s Castle
Brawl Rumble Falls -> Project M Rumble Falls
Distant Planet -> SSE: Jungle
Brawl Green Hill -> Project M Green Hill
Hanenbow -> Skyloft
Skyworld has the Brawl SSP instead of the Project M one
Yoshi`s Island -> Yoshi`s Story
Pokemon Stadium 2 has the Brawl SSP instead of the Project M one
Brawl Final Destination -> Project M Final Destination
Mario Bros. -> Fountain of Dreams
Midair Stadium -> Brawl Final Destination
Research Facility -> Luigi`s Mansion
Smash Skiff -> 75m
The Lake Shore -> Elden Bridge
The Forest -> Norfair
The Jungle -> Distant Planet
Glacial Peak -> New Pork City
The Canyon -> Brawl Green Hill Zone
Peach`s Castle -> Green Greens
Kongo Jungle -> Brawl Yoshi`s Island
Great Bay -> Research Facility
Yoshi`s Story -> Smash Skiff
Fountain of Dreams -> Lake Shore
Venom -> The Forest
Flat Zone Beta -> Glacial Peak
Brinstar Depths Beta -> The Canyon
Fourside -> Midair Stadium
Mushroom Kingdom -> OnlineTraining
Mushroom Kingdom 2 -> The Beginning
New Pork City -> Fourside
75m -> Kongo Jungle 64
Spear Pillar -> Saffron City
Bridge of Elden -> Hyrule Castle
Snag the Trophies -> Battlefield Melee
Battlefield Melee -> Peach`s Castle
Melee Final Destination -> Brinstar Depths Beta
Dream Land -> Flat Zone Beta
Yoshi`s Island 64 -> Kongo Jungle Melee
Kongo Jungle 64 -> Great Bay
Peach`s Castle Melee -> Venom
Hyrule Castle -> Mushroom Kingdom Melee
Planet Zebes -> Mushroom Kingdom 2
Sector Z -> Snag the Trophies
Saffron City -> Peach`s Castle Melee
Mushroom Kingdom 64 -> Planet Zebes
Metal Cavern -> Yoshi`s Story
Battlefield 64 -> Sector Z
Final Destination 64 -> Mushroom Kingdom Melee
The Beginning -> Battlefield 64
Online Training -> Final Destination 64

Quote from: Convour on July 25, 2013, 04:29:18 AM
I have Project M, Stage Expansion, and cBliss working flawlessly! If you're having issues with cBliss, use Mewtwo2000's cBliss program to put the code into your gct: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i6jo89480via4/cBliss_Tool

All of the filler characters from the cBliss thread work, too.

EDIT: Export char_bust_tex-lz77 and MiscData[90] from sc_selcharacter in cBliss's menu2 folder, and MiscData[40] from sc_selmap in cBliss's menu2 folder. After that, replace them accordingly in your common5.pac for Project M.
I'll try that, thanks! I'm still very new to all of this. I did use the cBliss tool, but after starting it up and going to stage select, all of the expansion stages showed up with Hanenbow icons and hung up on loading. When I opened it up in BrawlBox and the Brawl Stage Manager to see what was wrong, all the expansion stages were just red boxes. I didn't even get to see if the cool Ice Climbers skin I made worked. ;_;

It probably went wrong because I didn't export the stuff from sc_selcharacter and sc_selmap.


Quote from: QQQQQQQ7777777 on July 25, 2013, 06:10:54 PM
What are the MiscData`s for?


Those are for the song titles for the expansion stages (MiscData[140]) and for Project M's SSS (MiscData[80]).
All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx
Check out my custom hacks and tracks here:

Quote from: xNoobxSaibotx on July 25, 2013, 09:06:15 PM
Those are for the song titles for the expansion stages (MiscData[140]) and for Project M's SSS (MiscData[80]).
where do I put MiscData[140]? I tried to put it on selmap but it came out as MiscData[0]

Could someone build a version of either P:M codeset (being Wifi-safe isn't a problem) to have the new Replacement Soundbank Engine, if it's possible? I'm pretty new to codes, and I'm way over my head, but it would be sweet to have both.

July 25, 2013, 10:55:05 PM #1015 Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 11:03:15 PM by xNoobxSaibotx
Quote from: QQQQQQQ7777777 on July 25, 2013, 09:57:14 PM
where do I put MiscData[140]? I tried to put it on selmap but it came out as MiscData[0]

MiscData[140] goes over itself (same name) in info and info_training in the 'info2' folder, as well as over MiscData[7] in mu_menumain in the 'menu2' folder.

Quote from: dmick on July 25, 2013, 10:44:23 PM
Could someone build a version of either P:M codeset (being Wifi-safe isn't a problem) to have the new Replacement Soundbank Engine, if it's possible? I'm pretty new to codes, and I'm way over my head, but it would be sweet to have both.

Here ya go! Includes both the Wifi and Normal codesets for P:M:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zor1imkudr99pqe/Classic_Expansion_%2B_RSBE_Project_M_Codesets.zip
All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx
Check out my custom hacks and tracks here:


July 26, 2013, 08:54:01 PM #1017 Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:03:50 PM by garbagehead3
Almost all of the stages for the P:M build are labeled incorrectly, did I do something wrong? Also, the codeset text document claims the build is version 5.2.

Post Merge: July 26, 2013, 09:03:50 PM

Quote from: nerdbot on July 24, 2013, 06:02:41 AM


EDIT: Oh and one other question: I have a problem where all the stage select portraits (the picture that comes up when you hover over a stage with your cursor) are really blurry. Like, ALL of them, not just the stages I installed with this. I also have Balanced Brawl installed, and I laid a few custom stages over the ones featured in this mod, but the portraits were all blurry even before I went nuts installing stuff. It's not a high-priority problem I need to fix or anything, but I was wondering if anyone happened to know what might be causing this.


Put simply, there's a finite amount of data which can be loaded upon entering the stage select screen. If all the stages had their preview images at full quality, your game would crash at the SSS. It's an unfortunate drawback of the expanded SSS.

when I try to put the Super Smash Land Stages in to the expansion pack the game freezes on the result screen. If you don`t know what the Super Smash Land Stages are go to Brawl Vault and search Super Smash Land.

July 27, 2013, 01:15:08 AM #1019 Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:59:48 AM by libertyernie
I'll fix the stage icons soon, and upload a new version. Until then, take that MiscData[80] file that's included and use it to replace the one in common5's sc_selmap_en.
Okay, I updated it - see page 58. Again, if you don't want to download the whole thing, replacing the MiscDat[80] should do the trick.

Quote from: nerdbot on July 24, 2013, 06:02:41 AM
2. This is a lot less likely to have an answer, but--is there a way to remove stages from the menu outright? As an example, if, say, I didn't want Melee Peach's Castle installed, would I be able to drop it one way or another? Just curious, mostly.
Easiest thing to do is to replace it with a different stage.
Another option would be to rearrange the icons using a certain frame (40 or 41) of the MenSelmapPos_TopN__0 animation; you'd just move the icon up high/low/left/right enough that it's not on the screen anymore, and maybe move the others around it to fill in the gap.

Quote from: QQQQQQQ7777777 on July 25, 2013, 09:57:14 PM
where do I put MiscData[140]? I tried to put it on selmap but it came out as MiscData[0]
MiscData[140] is for info.pac, MiscData[80] is for common5. Also, mu_menumain has spaces for both of them (80 becomes 0 and 140 becomes 7.)
You don't need it if you're using my common5 and info.pac files; they're already in there.

Quote from: QQQQQQQ7777777 on July 26, 2013, 10:17:18 PM
when I try to put the Super Smash Land Stages in to the expansion pack the game freezes on the result screen. If you don`t know what the Super Smash Land Stages are go to Brawl Vault and search Super Smash Land.
The result screen? That's strange. I don't think that would have to do with the stages themselves.
They do all use st_final, except Dreamland (st_dxgreens) and Underground (st_dxyorster), so keep that in mind.