Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?
Yes, even though they're the same every time - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages:  1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 92
Author Topic: Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)  (Read 624440 times)
libertyernie
Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #990 on: July 18, 2013, 10:55:41 AM »

Yep! First I want to update the regular pack with any changes P:M's made, in the cases where that's where I got the stage from.
    I heard they made SSE Jungle smaller, but I haven't tried it out yet.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #991 on: July 20, 2013, 11:54:07 AM »

I posted version 5.4.
    One thing I realized is that some of the SSE stages have their camera data in ADPM format, not STPM, so I can't edit it with BrawlBox. At some point I might try to edit their camera data, but they're unchanged right now.

QQQQQQQ7777777
    Intermediate Kitten

I play video gamez

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #992 on: July 20, 2013, 12:35:51 PM »

Have you thought about a alternate version of Project M with the SSB64 Intro Stage and maybe a few Brawl - Stages (P.S. what if you called the SSB64 Intro Stage "The Beginning") 

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #993 on: July 20, 2013, 01:08:06 PM »

I think in 5.4 I'm already calling it that Wink

Anyway, I am deciding on what to put in the SSE stage slots for the P:M version. There are 5 Brawl- stages that aren't also in P:M. 1337m is already in my P:M pack, so I could add Yoshi's Island -, New Pork City -, Frozen Pokemon Stadium 2 and Lavaville. That still leaves 3 SSE stage slots, but maybe I could put in Summit, Rumble Falls (Brawl), and Hanenbow.

Maybe I'll do 2 versions just like for my Brawl one. One will have those, and the other will have what the current P:M version has, except The Beginning instead of 1337 m.

EDIT: Oops, forgot that Summit was already in P:M. Guess I won't "add" that one.

Okay, I've updated four of the SSE stages to have a better camera setup. See this Mediafire folder - they're the 4 files updated today.
    « Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 03:44:07 PM by libertyernie » Logged

QQQQQQQ7777777
    Intermediate Kitten

I play video gamez

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #994 on: July 21, 2013, 03:31:08 PM »

Anyway, I am deciding on what to put in the SSE stage slots for the P:M version. There are 5 Brawl- stages that aren't also in P:M. 1337m is already in my P:M pack, so I could add Yoshi's Island -, New Pork City -, Frozen Pokemon Stadium 2 and Lavaville. That still leaves 3 SSE stage slots, but maybe I could put in Summit, Rumble Falls (Brawl), and Hanenbow.

Maybe I'll do 2 versions just like for my Brawl one. One will have those, and the other will have what the current P:M version has, except The Beginning instead of 1337 m.

Oops, forgot that Summit was already in P:M. Guess I won't "add" that one.

since you have one slot left how about this stage http://smashboards.com/threads/subspace-emissary-by-sluigi123.337058/ its all 31 dark character stages in the great maze and they all switch out every 180 frames. It makes for some hectic battles and is really fun. If you need help to port it to a custom stage you can use this http://www.lakora.us/rel/. although there is one thing wrong with it, the name texture for the stage doesn`t work.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #995 on: July 21, 2013, 08:04:54 PM »

since you have one slot left how about this stage http://smashboards.com/threads/subspace-emissary-by-sluigi123.337058/ its all 31 dark character stages in the great maze and they all switch out every 180 frames. It makes for some hectic battles and is really fun. If you need help to port it to a custom stage you can use this http://www.lakora.us/rel/. although there is one thing wrong with it, the name texture for the stage doesn`t work.

Dang, that looks like a cool stage! I probably won't include it in the pack, but I will install it on my own Wii.
    Oh, and by the way, lakora.us is my website Wink

QQQQQQQ7777777
    Intermediate Kitten

I play video gamez

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #996 on: July 21, 2013, 08:09:28 PM »

Dang, that looks like a cool stage! I probably won't include it in the pack, but I will install it on my own Wii.
    Oh, and by the way, lakora.us is my website Wink
    That awkward moment when you suggest a site to the owner of said site. Tongue
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 08:12:07 PM by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #997 on: July 22, 2013, 09:04:06 AM »

That awkward moment when you suggest a site to the owner of said site. Tongue
    Well, I have used it several times!

Also, the extra Brawl stage I'll put in will be Hanenbow. Of course people can replace that with whatever they want, but it keeps with the theme of Brawl and Brawl- stages to fill those slots.

QQQQQQQ7777777
    Intermediate Kitten

I play video gamez

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #998 on: July 23, 2013, 01:55:08 PM »

Hey Brawl Minus Maximum 0.5b came out a few days ago, don`t know if they changed any stages but they probably did so you should use those versions of the stages instead of 2.x.6. the thread is here http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-6589-post-143459.html#pid143459 also they replaced saffron city N64 with a glitchy frozen new port but on the SSS it still says Saffron City N64

P.S. also when you have the time will you make a Brawl Minus Maximum version
    « Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:09:38 PM by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Logged

VideogameScrapbook
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #999 on: July 23, 2013, 06:03:31 PM »

Thank you for all of your hard work libertyernie. I'm working on a custom build of my own that acts as a "classic expansion pack" for the characters (all Smash versions and other versions each character took in other games). I'm not sure if I'll have the time to complete it, but it's a fun project (people, feel free to steal this idea and share!).

I had a question concerning the stage limit that is forcing you to be selective. At this time is there no code that allows for even more stages than what the expansion pack already contains?

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1000 on: July 23, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »

Classic Expansion Pack 5.5m - Sept. 3, 2013

Updated (Sept. 3, 2013) - includes a GCT for Project M 2.6b and Mewtwo2000's version of Peach's Castle (Melee).
    For the wifi-safe version of Project: M, use this GCT instead: http://www.lakora.us/brawl/cep/5.5m/wifi-safe/RSBE01.gct

CEP 5.5m for Project M Demo 2.6b (both versions).exe (Gecko or Riivolution with Project M Demo 2.6b. From Mediafire; 186 MB)
    The .exe file contains both versions of the pack. One comes with eight Brawl stages, seven Subspace Emissary stages and the SSB64 Intro stage; the other comes with 11 Brawl stages and five Brawl- stages instead. Each is about 180 MB, but the 7-zip compression used for the .exe file means the duplicate files don't have to be downloaded twice. Just pick a version to install - the instructions are the same.

Click here to see the README/stage list!

Notes:
    The stages and songs are (still) in a different file order than the CEP 5.4 for Brawl.

No wi-fi safe GCT yet - still waiting for P:M's site to come back up (unless I get another download to work.)

Post Merge: July 23, 2013, 06:26:37 PM
    Hey Brawl Minus Maximum 0.5b came out a few days ago, don`t know if they changed any stages but they probably did so you should use those versions of the stages instead of 2.x.6. the thread is here http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-6589-post-143459.html#pid143459 also they replaced saffron city N64 with a glitchy frozen new port but on the SSS it still says Saffron City N64

P.S. also when you have the time will you make a Brawl Minus Maximum version

I just downloaded it. The stages are all the same (so far, at least.) I'm going to wait until an official Brawl- release happens, unless that takes a really long time.

I had a question concerning the stage limit that is forcing you to be selective. At this time is there no code that allows for even more stages than what the expansion pack already contains?

Nope. The stage expansion code allows for a very large number of custom stages (possibly up to 192), but the stage select screen itself can only handle up to 39 on each of the 2 screens.
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 03:14:25 PM by libertyernie » Logged

VideogameScrapbook
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1001 on: July 23, 2013, 07:19:06 PM »

THANK YOU!  Cheesy I'm going to try using your vanilla Brawl pack for Project M because I want the Brawl stages to have their original full selection of songs for their stages (such as Luigi's Mansion). If I delete the Project M stages that replaced Brawl originals (instead using the Project M stages you put in the custom slots), use the codes from your Project M expansion version, should things work? Are there any differences such as camera data that vary between a vBrawl classic expansion stage file and the equivalent P:M classic expansion stage file?

Post Merge: July 23, 2013, 09:26:26 PM
    I don't think the stage icons match up with the actual stages for either version of Classic Expansion Pack 5.4m. I tested this on a Wii as well as browsing with BrawlStageManager. The vanilla Brawl Expansion Pack 5.4 however seems to line up.
    « Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 09:26:26 PM by VideogameScrapbook » Logged

Convour
    Fake N00b
    Special Access

• Awards Novice Restorer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1002 on: July 23, 2013, 11:35:08 PM »

This is really quite fantastic! I have a request, though: could you upload a version for Project: M 2.6 that has no stages included like your previous version?

Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

nerdbot
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1003 on: July 24, 2013, 12:02:41 AM »

Hi! I've recently entered into the big and confusing world of Brawl hacks. I really appreciate all the hard work here, it's made it really easy for me to try out some new stages. I have two questions:

1. Is there a way for me to change the sources for each song? For instance, would I be able to change the Smash Skiff's theme to play I03 (the actual Fire Field song already in game) instead of X15, so I don't need to replace the victory screen music? It bothers me more than it should bother any reasonable human being. I've tried digging around in the .rel files using BrawlBox but I'm not sure if I'm even looking in the right place for changing them.

2. This is a lot less likely to have an answer, but--is there a way to remove stages from the menu outright? As an example, if, say, I didn't want Melee Peach's Castle installed, would I be able to drop it one way or another? Just curious, mostly.

EDIT: Oh and one other question: I have a problem where all the stage select portraits (the picture that comes up when you hover over a stage with your cursor) are really blurry. Like, ALL of them, not just the stages I installed with this. I also have Balanced Brawl installed, and I laid a few custom stages over the ones featured in this mod, but the portraits were all blurry even before I went nuts installing stuff. It's not a high-priority problem I need to fix or anything, but I was wondering if anyone happened to know what might be causing this.

EDIT AGAIN: Figured out the first one.
    « Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 02:34:05 AM by nerdbot » Logged

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1004 on: July 24, 2013, 09:48:30 AM »

The portraits are blurry because they're in a lower resolution to keep file sizes from getting too big.

Post Merge: July 24, 2013, 09:50:42 AM
    So... the question I'm sure has been asked before, but I didn't see: can the P:M version be combined with cBliss? I'm assuming no since each needs their own modified common5, but do you have any plans on attempting this?
    « Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:50:42 AM by DocStrange » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 92
    Print
    Jump to: