Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Quote from: libertyernie on July 17, 2013, 02:22:06 PM
I suppose it wouldn't hurt. Don't feel like you have to, though.

Finally got around to doing this, the only other thing that was "wrong" besides Brinstar was that Yoshi's Island had the wrong picture on the SSS (which I can fix.)

Other things I noticed were that the computer kept running into the center tower on Peach's Castle and also had a hard time getting out of the water under the dock on Great Bay. Then again these are quirks with the stages themselves rather than your stage pack.

Thanks again for helping me install this for Brawl+!

Rose tint my world, keep me safe from the trouble and pain!

I really love how organized the common5 is. Beautiful work. I was wondering what font you guys used for the stage title? I replace some of the stages with others and I was wanting to match it as close as I could.

Quote from: VyseTheQuick on July 29, 2013, 09:17:19 PM
I really love how organized the common5 is. Beautiful work. I was wondering what font you guys used for the stage title? I replace some of the stages with others and I was wanting to match it as close as I could.
I'm pretty sure it's Edo SZ. I've been using it for a while when modding P:M and it's turned out well.

Edo SZ is what I use for those too. I use GIMP though, so the font rendering isn't exactly the same (I'm guessing they use Photoshop?)

It's close enough to where I'm happy. Much better then what I was doing before. Thanks guys.

This is a great addon- only one problem that I dunno if it's been addressed or not. Occasionally after a match or quitting one out, there is no results screen, just black. How can this be fixed? Did I do something wrong during the installation?

Actually, I just found another error, for some reason the Temple was replaced with another copy of the Jungle. The music that plays is still from the Temple though.
Rose tint my world, keep me safe from the trouble and pain!

Quote from: bluenote22 on August 02, 2013, 01:17:08 AM
Actually, I just found another error, for some reason the Temple was replaced with another copy of the Jungle. The music that plays is still from the Temple though.
Do you have an STGDXSHRINE.pac? I don't see one here.

I do, but when I opened the file in Brawl Box, it had the models for the Jungle in it apparently, I really don't know why
Rose tint my world, keep me safe from the trouble and pain!

Just get rid of STGDXSHRINE.pac and st_dxshrine.rel. I don't have those files on my end, as far as I can tell

I'm still curious about my freezing problem- it tends to happen more after the expanded stages but can happen on any stage at any time. I still don't know how to fix this.

On another note- how can I use the default Brawl+ CSS with this pack?

August 05, 2013, 03:10:34 AM #1031 Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 03:55:00 AM by bluenote22
Quote from: Okami Takahashi on August 05, 2013, 01:58:35 AM
On another note- how can I use the default Brawl+ CSS with this pack?

He implemented a Brawl+ installation for this, which uses the defult Brawl+ CSS.


Post Merge: August 05, 2013, 03:18:20 AM

Quote from: libertyernie on August 04, 2013, 03:20:57 PM
Just get rid of STGDXSHRINE.pac and st_dxshrine.rel. I don't have those files on my end, as far as I can tell

I just checked the files of the normal Brawl+ files, and the Jungle models were in STGDXSHRINE.pac for that one too, so that's why it's like that. You might want to make a not of that in your Brawl+ installation instructions for the expansion pack.

Post Merge: August 05, 2013, 03:54:59 AM

Upon looking at the original Brawl+ stage files, there are two other custom stages, STGCUSTOM1.pac looks like another copy of The Jungle, while I can't open STGCUSTOM2.pac in the model viewer (I get an "unhandled exception has occurred in your application"... something about the Index being out of range.) I know it's a variant of The Temple from looking at the texture files, but Brawl+ had two versions of the Temple from what I could remember, the complete stage and a smaller version that used only half the stage. The only think that's confusing me is how I was able to play two different versions of The Temple while there was only one .pac with temple files...
Rose tint my world, keep me safe from the trouble and pain!

Quote from: bluenote22 on August 05, 2013, 03:10:34 AM
He implemented a Brawl+ installation for this, which uses the defult Brawl+ CSS.


Post Merge: August 05, 2013, 03:18:20 AM

I just checked the files of the normal Brawl+ files, and the Jungle models were in STGDXSHRINE.pac for that one too, so that's why it's like that. You might want to make a not of that in your Brawl+ installation instructions for the expansion pack.

Post Merge: August 05, 2013, 03:54:59 AM

Upon looking at the original Brawl+ stage files, there are two other custom stages, STGCUSTOM1.pac looks like another copy of The Jungle, while I can't open STGCUSTOM2.pac in the model viewer (I get an "unhandled exception has occurred in your application"... something about the Index being out of range.) I know it's a variant of The Temple from looking at the texture files, but Brawl+ had two versions of the Temple from what I could remember, the complete stage and a smaller version that used only half the stage. The only think that's confusing me is how I was able to play two different versions of The Temple while there was only one .pac with temple files...

I didn't see any when I downloaded the latest version...I'm flat out confused.

August 08, 2013, 04:00:09 AM #1033 Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 04:44:00 AM by xNoobxSaibotx
So I made a custom Project M SSS for this expansion pack (thanks to your help libertyernie). Do you mind if I post it here for those who may want to use it?
All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx
Check out my custom hacks and tracks here:

Quote from: xNoobxSaibotx on August 08, 2013, 04:00:09 AM
So I made a custom Project M SSS for this expansion pack (thanks to your help libertyernie). Do you mind if I post it here for those who may want to use it?
Not at all.