Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Quote from: Szasz on April 07, 2011, 10:57:09 PM
I have never head of the game having a black screen before the intro... yikes.

What does the lone .bin file in the st folder do? I am using homebrew and am trying to get a set up going with custom stages.

That file makes it so you can launch Gecko by going into the Stage Builder. If you go into Gecko or Riivolution from the System Menu or Homebrew Channel, you can delete it.

ahhh thank you. I managed to get the sss working too. The only thing I need to do is fix the css. It has the "random" portrait for ivy, squirtle, and charizard, and freezes when the cursor approaches them. This however, cannot be due to your codes, being css and brawl+ related, so I will look up some old Brawl+ faqs.

Great work!

I've send a PM to you Libertyernie,

I want to replace Rumble Fall P:M to Icicle Moutain (texture of Rumble Fall).

And replace Temple P:M to Battlefield Melee.

I've do but that freeze. :/


Fix,

Now i want to change the music XD With code. Ice Climbers over Icicle Moutain and BattleField Melee over Battlefield.

If I fixed some stages would you consider using them? I've noticed some shoddy collisions and out inaccuracies for the melee remakes.

Quote from: KTH on April 08, 2011, 10:00:44 PM
I've send a PM to you Libertyernie,

I want to replace Rumble Fall P:M to Icicle Moutain (texture of Rumble Fall).

And replace Temple P:M to Battlefield Melee.

I've do but that freeze. :/


Fix,

Now i want to change the music XD With code. Ice Climbers over Icicle Moutain and BattleField Melee over Battlefield.

Rumble Falls:M slot: Icicle Mountain (both)
* 28708ceb 00000054
* 28708d2e 00002809
* 4A000000 90180F06
* 14000076 FF00280B
* E0000000 80008000
* 28708ceb 00000054
* 28708d2e 0000281B
* 4A000000 90180F06
* 14000076 FF00280B
* E0000000 80008000

Temple:M slot: Battlefield (Melee) (both)
* 28708ceb 00000056
* 28708d2e 00002809
* 4A000000 90180F06
* 14000076 FF002813
* E0000000 80008000
* 28708ceb 00000056
* 28708d2e 0000281B
* 4A000000 90180F06
* 14000076 FF002813
* E0000000 80008000


Quote from: Szasz on April 10, 2011, 01:51:31 AM
If I fixed some stages would you consider using them? I've noticed some shoddy collisions and out inaccuracies for the melee remakes.

Yes, I would use them :)

hmm, I hope that many people can offer discussion on the barrel. I don't have much time to test it out.

----tracklist woes

Is it specifically Phantom Wing's stage expansion thread that provides all the information on the track list modifier? I wish to know how to set what songs are played for a stage. In particular, which line dictates if a stage has only one song..? (or, has both of its two song slots play the same song).

---SSE

In regards to boundaries, I suggest increasing the horizontal boundaries a bit for the SSE Factory. Throws seem to be a tad over powered.

Given that most of the match is played in the centre, the ceiling for the Canyon seems a bit much as well. The inclusion of ledges at the top interrupt the match more than anything else I find. If there were no platforms present, I think the ledges would be justified.

Just suggestions though.


Edit: yarrr, I see that you explain the track list code with clarity. Thank you.


hmm... i have everything set, except I am using WiiFlow. i have the codes as a txt file, adn set it up. i selected the codes and my iso of brawl. i have used the iso before. its fine. i selec a stage, adn the game freezes. i cant select ANY stage. its after i aded this. i cant figure otu the problem.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Szasz on April 12, 2011, 04:30:53 AM
hmm, I hope that many people can offer discussion on the barrel. I don't have much time to test it out.

----tracklist woes

Is it specifically Phantom Wing's stage expansion thread that provides all the information on the track list modifier? I wish to know how to set what songs are played for a stage. In particular, which line dictates if a stage has only one song..? (or, has both of its two song slots play the same song).
In my Codeset.txt, you'll see codes like this:
Sector Z: Y11 SECTOR Z - both slots
* 28708ceb 0000005E
* 28708d2e 00002809
* 4A000000 90180F06
* 14000076 FF002863
* E0000000 80008000
* 28708ceb 0000005E
* 28708d2e 0000281B
* 4A000000 90180F06
* 14000076 FF002863
* E0000000 80008000

That could really be written like this:
Sector Z: Y11 SECTOR Z - first slot
* 28708ceb 0000005E
* 28708d2e 00002809
* 4A000000 90180F06
* 14000076 FF002863
* E0000000 80008000

Sector Z: Y11 SECTOR Z - second slot
* 28708ceb 0000005E
* 28708d2e 0000281B
* 4A000000 90180F06
* 14000076 FF002863
* E0000000 80008000

Note that the tracklist modifier (not shown here) makes all the expansion stages use Big Blue's tracklist.
The first code will play Y11.brstm instead of Big Blue (Melee) on Sector Z, and the second will play Y11.brstm instead of Mute City (Melee) on Sector Z.
Quote
---SSE

In regards to boundaries, I suggest increasing the horizontal boundaries a bit for the SSE Factory. Throws seem to be a tad over powered.

Given that most of the match is played in the centre, the ceiling for the Canyon seems a bit much as well. The inclusion of ledges at the top interrupt the match more than anything else I find. If there were no platforms present, I think the ledges would be justified.

Just suggestions though.

I think there were ledges in the SSE canyon stage. It was a standalone battle stage as I recall.
The SSE Factory boundaries I can change.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on April 13, 2011, 01:00:23 AM
hmm... i have everything set, except I am using WiiFlow. i have the codes as a txt file, adn set it up. i selected the codes and my iso of brawl. i have used the iso before. its fine. i selec a stage, adn the game freezes. i cant select ANY stage. its after i aded this. i cant figure otu the problem.
I don't really know what the problem is; sorry. I've never used WiiFlow before.

my intro movie doesn't show up either...
but that was when  I made some changes in the tracklist mod, but it can't be the problem cuz, I use the snapshot hack so, I have to load the codes true a snapshot first, that;s what i've understand of the tut...lol

Edit: it doesn't work with the original codes too -_-

EDIT2: hmm it seams that my brawl can't load the intro because it can't be patched somehow,
i've now include the file patch code in the snapshot, so it doesn't patch anything untill I sleect the snapshot, and now, I can load brawl again


Edit3: now I can't load any hacks anymore if I turned on the file patch code, even if I don't have the custom stages and stuffon my sd card >.<
so, the only thing I can do now is, put the file patch code in my snapshot to avoid intro freezes lol -_-
supreme kitten? Yes I am. Yeah.
Brawl Fc: 0689-9748-1397



never mind it did not work

So what's Next? I don't see how you can top v3.0

^_^
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19502.msg351735#msg351735

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

First off, this is really awesome. Everything works as it should for me, and it'just plain old great.

Got a question, though: How would you go about making a custom SSS out of your pack (textures from ASF1nk's Dark Blue SSS to be specific)? I tried manually importing each file from ASF1nk's dark blue SSS without changing any of the files in your pack, but it eventually froze Brawlbox when I tried to save. Just wanted to see if there was a better way so that I didn't have to worry about Brawlbox freezing again. Thanks if you can let me know on this.

Also, @cyberdark, try deleting FitPokeLizardonMotionEtc and FitPokeZenigameMotionEtc from the common5.pac. I know for a fact that they aren't used in multiplayer (for Ivysaur and Squirtle) but I have no clue if they have any effect on the SSE. Haven't seen any problems though...

Great job on this.