Haloedhero's Projects: Finally on the Project: M Team

Started by HaloedHero, March 04, 2011, 06:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Yes, there's balancing to be done. With most of the moveset unfinished, my main concern was getting the move functioning properly. Now that it works, I can balance it any way I want.

I can say that it will definitely be getting some end lag. Like, a lot more. The actual part of the move where you can counter will be very strict on timing, and I'll be adding some kind of graphic to give the opponent a visual cue that you've missed your opportunity and are vulnerable. It would just be kind of hard to test/show the move with timing like that.

Although, I can also say that you can't just run around countering all the time even in its current state, due to the fact that, if you get hit, but the opponent is behind or above you, or they manage to do something that keeps or moves them out of range, or they use a projectile, you KEEP the damage. You only heal it if you land the punch, which is far from guaranteed. Seriously, even against the computer, you'll rack up too much damage if you just throw it out there all the time.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

But it's great when you're about to die lol like they're gonna give the final blow from behind, counter, take the damage and no knockback right?

Quote from: xZedkiel on July 17, 2011, 02:24:24 PM
But it's great when you're about to die lol like they're gonna give the final blow from behind, counter, take the damage and no knockback right?

No, it won't work like that in the end. I mean, yes, that will be possible, but the opponent will probably have enough time to land another hit on you if you do that.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Quote from: haloedhero on July 17, 2011, 02:44:38 PM
No, it won't work like that in the end. I mean, yes, that will be possible, but the opponent will probably have enough time to land another hit on you if you do that.
The idea still works though :3 Especially if they're [censored]y enough to taunt right next to you thinking they were killing you XD

I'm not just saying this because you said to...

SCOTT LOOKS F*CKING AWESOME.

Oh yeah I forgot to say, I did a little playing around with the variables in your counter.  It turns out you can use random Float variables for it to work too.  My Spidey uses the same action structure as your Scott's counter, except instead of using LA Basic [3], RA Basic [5] and RA Basic [6] (which all actually serve a purpose for characters), it uses LA Floats [110], [111] and [112]. 

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on July 18, 2011, 09:54:52 AM
Oh yeah I forgot to say, I did a little playing around with the variables in your counter.  It turns out you can use random Float variables for it to work too.  My Spidey uses the same action structure as your Scott's counter, except instead of using LA Basic [3], RA Basic [5] and RA Basic [6] (which all actually serve a purpose for characters), it uses LA Floats [110], [111] and [112]. 
Ah, thank you, but I already found a safe la-basic to use, and the ra variables work fine for me. Thanks for letting me know, though.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Quote from: haloedhero on July 18, 2011, 12:08:07 PM
Ah, thank you, but I already found a safe la-basic to use, and the ra variables work fine for me. Thanks for letting me know, though.

No probs.  I was just saying since that LA Basic controls "Wall Jumps remaining".  So if in the future you were to say, use a counter like this for a character who can and has wall jumped, then there would be the possibility of problems. 

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on July 18, 2011, 12:32:45 PM
No probs.  I was just saying since that LA Basic controls "Wall Jumps remaining".  So if in the future you were to say, use a counter like this for a character who can and has wall jumped, then there would be the possibility of problems. 
Yeah, not to mention the walljump counter resets on contact with the ground, so I had to change it if I wanted to transition between air and ground, which it now does.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

First person to tell me how to successfully change Lucas's double jump from being animation based to being a regular double jump, so that it does not mess with momentum modifiers in aerials, gets a credit on the final version.

I have solved the bugs associated with this to an acceptable level, but I'd rather not settle for "acceptable."

(Note: Changing the animation, unchecking "moves character," and changing the air jump multiplier is not the solution. I tried it, and all it did was make him hover for the duration of the animation.)


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Quote from: haloedhero on July 23, 2011, 05:00:49 PM
First person to tell me how to successfully change Lucas's double jump from being animation based to being a regular double jump, so that it does not mess with momentum modifiers in aerials, gets a credit on the final version.

You can try and use Set/Add Momentum.  Yoshi's jump functions in a similar way.  When I did my Drako Yoshi back aaaaaaages ago, I changed the jump animation and had to use Set/Add Momentum to get it to work up again.

I believe I tried that, and the main issue was that the aerial attacks still hovered in place, because they're supposed to follow the path of the double jump animation, which has been reanimated to not move. I even looked through fighter.pac, and I can't for the life of me figure out what tells the game to do this with the double jump. Maybe it's in the lucas.rel?


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

OK, a demo of the normal attacks is up in the OP! Let me know what you guys think... Regrettably, I omitted N-air, but it's the cannonball move from the game, and it gives him a little vertical boost. It makes a turtle shell noise on contact, which winds up pretty entertaining.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.


It's looking very nice so far!  Nice work with the Up and Down Smashes being his hurricane kick and uppercut from the game (obviously referencing Street Fighter).  A lot of the animations are really on point.  Excellent work ^^