Haloedhero's Projects: Finally on the Project: M Team

Started by HaloedHero, March 04, 2011, 06:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

He's looking great so far HH, I can't wait for his release :D He's actually booting off Klonoa!

Thanks, guys. I'm glad you like what I'm doing with him. Work on the rest of the specials begins tomorrow, although I'm STILL undecided on the up special. I could go with a rising version of his up smash, but that would be boring.

The other idea I'm toying with is a move that pays homage to Scott Pilgrim's affinity for video games by giving him a few trademark up specials of other characters like Link and Mario. Then, he'd either randomly select one, or I could leave it up to the player with extra button inputs. I think random might be funnier and more appropriate for Scott, but it might get in the way of gameplay.

So, would random up specials from major characters be amusing and unique or lazy and boring?


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.


I fully support this project.

Keep it up, man!
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Wow, this hack is looking awsome.  I was hoping when you are done, if you could port this to dedede or wario, trying to get rid of those characters.  If not, no problem because Im still getting this awsome thing anyway

If you can find someone to do a port, that'd be great, but I won't be doing one. Sorry. Finishing it in the first place is already eating up too much of my time.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Dat Neutral B o_o  So very smexy.  Though I think the Side B could be a little more interesting.  Maybe he could have a couple of Nega Scott's moves, like the Nega Hadouken:



Of course, it doesn't need the face.  I think it could probably be built off of Lucas' PK Fire.  Either this, or maybe something like a forward slash with the Power of Love.  Something a bit more varied.

I was thinking of doing that with the side b, but I don't like the idea of giving him someone else's moves. As it is, it's based on the secret move you can learn in the game, so I think it'll probably stay.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.


I love how the Nuetral B works.

it's great. may i make a few suggestions.

for visuals. and the fact that Lucas has a crap ton of articles. why not make it appear with the guitar that the assist trophy uses?

oh and the Nuetral B seems a wee bit to powerful. though it would make sense that it cold kill at 100%. but something like that has alot of range. (but if you made it have less range, or less knockback. then it might balance out.) either way, it's amazing.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

As for the bass, I think Beyond is going to give him one over Lucas's stick if and when he does the new vertex. If not, I'll definitely find another way. Not having it is not an option.

As for balancing, yes, the neutral special definitely needs to be balanced. I'll balance it a little before I put out a demo, but I'm going to need some feedback to decide just what needs to be done to perfectly balance it. Although, I have to say, it's tough to get it up to killing strength, and it's even harder to maintain it.

Honestly, my arm is tired from testing it.

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on July 26, 2011, 07:32:33 PM
Ok no probs.  Just throwing out ideas :)
^Much appreciated.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Test build 1 is ready! Anyone who wants to test, please PM me to get the link. I know I could just post it here, but I feel like the extra step of personally contacting me keeps out some people who don't want to test, but are impatient for the final build.

If you're a tester, please read and respond to the questions on the first page. Thanks in advance!


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

I'd love to playtest him!  Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to play against human opponents, however that just means I'll have to play more CPU matches XD (though it ain't quite the same I know).  But I will definitely give feedback.


Haha, SDoom, your link is already on the way.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.