Haloedhero's Projects: Finally on the Project: M Team

Started by HaloedHero, March 04, 2011, 06:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SDo0m InAcTiVe on September 14, 2011, 06:15:14 PM
Thank god for that XD  It did get rather infuriating when you accidently pressed B off the side of the stage and you were basically guaranteed to SD.  Now that won't happen XD

Yeah, I don't know why I didn't do it that way in the first place.

Quote from: Jaklub on September 14, 2011, 06:15:26 PM
Got them both, because you are amazing.

Too bad you won't be doing PSAs anymore.

Yes, it's a shame. I really wish I had time to do my other two projects, but things just didn't work out that way, and I don't have my hacking computer anymore, anyway.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Thank god for your current Scott Pilgrim pack.

I finally got me some Scott Touchdown, Scott Wright, and Viewtiful Scott :vyse:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Yes, the alternate characters really are awesomely hilarious. Just too perfect.

I've started working on something different... That no one else will probably want... It's a custom Brawl codeset...

It will also probably have small character mods...

And lots of ellipsis...

I've been playing Smash since the N64, and I loved Melee more than anyone probably should, but while I was disappointed with Brawl, I don't think the reason I prefer Melee is that Brawl should have been exactly like it.

The purpose of my codeset is to bring back things that were good about Melee, but still let the game be Brawl. (But in a much different way than Brawl+, which wound up practically becoming its own game.)

For example, I've added hitstun, disabled air dodging out of tumble, changed teching to be a frame window instead of distance, and removed auto-sweetspotting on recoveries, but I haven't messed with character physics besides adding in momentum capture on jumps. I also removed buffer.

With enough minor changes like this, and some small balance adjustments, I believe I will make Brawl more into the game I thought it was going to be without taking it as far as other mods. In the end, I will probably still prefer P:M, but so far it's been a fun experiment for me to change Brawl into what I think is a more fun game without making it not Brawl. (Double negative. That's tricky...)

In short, it's more than balanced Brawl, but it doesn't even take things as far as Brawl+. In the end, I want this game to still be Brawl. If anyone is ever interested, maybe I'll post it up. If not, then at least you guys know what I'm up to.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.


Quote from: KTH on September 17, 2011, 12:35:55 AM
What it's your next project?

To answer that, yes, the above is my next project. It's kind of an ongoing project to just make Brawl more fun for me.

In developing this project, I invented something... on-hit L-cancel... I'd try to do a fighter.pac injection of it, but I'm not positive the "if hitbox connects" will work right. So, for now I'm just putting it into the individual character files. It's pretty rewarding to use, I have to say. 1/2 landing lag if your attack connects, full landing lag if you whiff.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

I think Project: M team invented the On-Hit Cancel System...for Lucario first.


The on-hit cancel system is a way to cancel one attack into another. My system cancels half of the landing lag on aerials like Melee L-cancel, but instead of pressing shield to L-cancel, it automatically does it if your attack connects.

(Oh, also, I'm not doing any more full character PSAs. Sorry, KTH.)


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Quote from: haloedhero on September 18, 2011, 11:31:33 PM

(Oh, also, I'm not doing any more full character PSAs. Sorry, KTH.)

...aww. I was looking forward to seeing what else you could do. :\


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

hey, just wanted to say I love your Scott Pilgrim hack, so I decided to learn how to vertex to make Sonic! Im not that great, but after an hour or so,  here he is! :D
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Soul Evans on September 19, 2011, 01:50:40 AM
hey, just wanted to say I love your Scott Pilgrim hack, so I decided to learn how to vertex to make Sonic! Im not that great, but after an hour or so,  here he is! :D
Where's his stomach? D:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



I love the new Scott Pilgrim Pack. The Character Costumes are a perfect addition since Halloween is coming up. However, I've been thinking, we need more SPvsTW characters. Whether it's a character over Ness that has his own PSA, or just a simple vertex that turns Scott into Stephen Stills, Kim Pine, Ramona Flowers or Knives Chau, I just feel like Scott, being the only character from his series in Brawl, is feeling lonely (or having an idiotic dream)
My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
NNID: Allav866

deadsavior  thanks for the counter attack (in PSA) you made on Sccot since that will be really usefull on atleast 3-4 on my movesets:vegeta,Gotenks,Kid goku(maybe adult goku too)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Segtendo on September 19, 2011, 01:53:31 AM
Where's his stomach? D:
i couldnt put it cuz of the mirrored textyure, and cuz the template is for unmorrored texture but i dont have the program D:
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.