Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question:
Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?
Red. - 10 (23.3%)
Blue. - 8 (18.6%)
Yellow. - 5 (11.6%)
Green. - 8 (18.6%)
Can't decide. - 10 (23.3%)
Not interested. - 2 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages:  1 ... 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 ... 451
Author Topic: KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update  (Read 1815564 times)
Kagemaru
Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2685 on: January 30, 2012, 10:07:28 AM »

*Just noticed he has a medal* Woot

I had a friend of mine inform me that instead of 'Ey' at the end of their sentences Canadians often say 'dah'. I thought I'd ask since I personally haven't been to Canada and my friend has. o.O

Anywho~

You teasin muh soul KJP  ;_;
    A brotha wanna play wit deh Scizor... xD I nicknamed mine Athena and its on of my more often used pokemon when I battle others.

Jokes aside... do what you gotta do man. Everything looks good and your reputation precedes you.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2686 on: January 30, 2012, 03:06:03 PM »

I appreciate your excitement. Smiley Tongue
    Scizor is almost done. I got the animations and coding. I just need to know how to remove the extra GFX in a model. Like the fire in Giga Impact, I want to remove that but I don't know how to. I could release Scizor anyway, but then his Down Taunt would have fire in it. :/

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2687 on: January 30, 2012, 03:10:27 PM »

That could possibly be a cool thing >_>

But I know how artists are...

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2688 on: January 30, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »

I appreciate your excitement. Smiley Tongue
    Scizor is almost done. I got the animations and coding. I just need to know how to remove the extra GFX in a model. Like the fire in Giga Impact, I want to remove that but I don't know how to. I could release Scizor anyway, but then his Down Taunt would have fire in it. :/
    fire isnt a bad thing its always a cool effect xD

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2689 on: January 30, 2012, 07:15:21 PM »

Well I have decided.
    I will release Scizor v2 after I upload the video for it.

So you can expect him in about half an hour or less.

Scizor v2 is now released. Smiley
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgLjXEhmIfU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgLjXEhmIfU</a>
    « Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 07:46:08 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Master Penis
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2690 on: January 30, 2012, 07:49:27 PM »

I LOVE PLAYING WITH THE NEW SCIZOR Tongue

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2691 on: January 30, 2012, 07:53:29 PM »

I LOVE PLAYING WITH THE NEW SCIZOR Tongue
    xD
    That was quick. Tongue
    Quick as in downloading it and using all the moves. Tongue

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2692 on: January 30, 2012, 08:29:28 PM »

I haven't tested it yet, but I'm excited for this new update!

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

ChaosEpsilon613
    Extreme Kitten

It's not my fault!

• Awards Concerned Elector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2693 on: January 30, 2012, 08:40:14 PM »

Did someone seriously make that report?  Im srs here

Anyways, Imma test later  Tongue

Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0648 3646 9521

Hero ©
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic PC Core Gamer Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2694 on: January 30, 2012, 10:08:25 PM »

Awesome scizor KJP i like to use him alot!

Who are you going to do next?

Phred
    Mega Kitten

Woot

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2695 on: January 30, 2012, 10:44:42 PM »

I like it. It took me a while to figure it out, but once I did it was pretty cool.
    I give it a 7.

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2696 on: January 31, 2012, 01:13:04 AM »

I just had to be asleep >_>

*downloads*

Edit:

My first impressions are what I expected. Its fun to play with but could use a few tweaks.

Headbut (Up Smash): Its not only hard to hit with this move, but its impossible to combo after it. There is to much ending lag. Otherwise the limits you set on its hitbox are fine, but the endlag is just to much.

His Down-B Air and Down-A Air are the same o.o Do you need an idea for one of them?

His Forward-A Air has a lot of landing lag... and a lot of start up lag. The start up lag is manageable, but the landing lag makes it harder to have any short hop combos with the move.

I see you liked my suggestion about the Up-A air move and being able to use it multiple times in the air, but its really not that useful unless its coupled with multiple jumps.

Aside from all that, the base of the moveset is as I predicted, which was good. I like it and Falco isn't coming back for a while. But it would be cool if you experimented with my ideas for some of his moves.

A note on Razor Wind: did you make it to where you couldn't cancel out of the charge? I'm not sure if it was because of that, or because I was canceling wrong, but it'd be nice to be able to leave the charge because it leaves you open for a while.

The down taunt I'm guessing is supposed to be substitute? If thats the case, then I'd make it last a bit longer. The duration it lasts now makes it almost useless since you have him animated to slip and fall first and then the substitute lasts for no time at all. The trip part is ok, but make the substitute last just a bit longer to make it useful.

I'm unaware of what the other taunt does (besides rest) (hasn't watched the video yet) if anything but they look nice. Also... the fire fits the substitute well in my opinion.

His wait animation looks strange. But I love his running animation. Very nice. Back A air and Neutral A air are the same, so they are ok. I have ideas for those if you're interested in hearing them.

Also... I had the thought when using the Side-B and Up-B... Since it makes a metal sound, wouldn't it be cool if when doing the move, you animated him to be coated in metal for the duration of the move?

Also, is it possible to have that happen to him when he gets the smash ball? Like... call it Metal Coat or something. That might even be a good Final Smash to have. Call it Iron Defense and give him hella super armor and stronger/faster attacks. *Shrugs* just a suggestion.

Overall, I'm gonna enjoy this PSA.

*goes back to playing.*

edit2: I don't know what it is about that F-A Air... but Its so hard to hit with but I keep trying. It seems like it does a lot of damage and has good KO potential. But its god hard to hit with. The way his first jump is... makes it even more difficult. And I notice you made the second jump significantly smaller then the first... I'm still getting used to that.
    « Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:35:03 AM by Kagemaru » Logged

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2697 on: January 31, 2012, 05:20:13 AM »

I'm gonna do things differently here... And put my opinions in the quote, my opinions being in green.

Headbut (Up Smash): Its not only hard to hit with this move, but its impossible to combo after it. There is to much ending lag. Otherwise the limits you set on its hitbox are fine, but the endlag is just to much.
    That's because it's a kill move, not a combo move. Try it at a high percent, you'll see it has a LOT of kill power.

His Down-B Air and Down-A Air are the same o.o Do you need an idea for one of them?
    This was a means to not have the down B in the air.

His Forward-A Air has a lot of landing lag... and a lot of start up lag. The start up lag is manageable, but the landing lag makes it harder to have any short hop combos with the move.
    Again, it's not meant to be a combo move, it's a powerful kill move off stage.

I see you liked my suggestion about the Up-A air move and being able to use it multiple times in the air, but its really not that useful unless its coupled with multiple jumps.
    Hm... Well, it's still insanely useful now even, since you can kinda poke through air defense with it. Since it's so fast.

A note on Razor Wind: did you make it to where you couldn't cancel out of the charge? I'm not sure if it was because of that, or because I was canceling wrong, but it'd be nice to be able to leave the charge because it leaves you open for a while.
    Well, you shouldn't be able to cancel the charge, if you start it, you should be committed to finishing it. Since the move you get afterward is VERY useful.

The down taunt I'm guessing is supposed to be substitute? If thats the case, then I'd make it last a bit longer. The duration it lasts now makes it almost useless since you have him animated to slip and fall first and then the substitute lasts for no time at all. The trip part is ok, but make the substitute last just a bit longer to make it useful.

I'm unaware of what the other taunt does (besides rest) (hasn't watched the video yet) if anything but they look nice. Also... the fire fits the substitute well in my opinion.
    Scizor shouldn't have taunt moves to begin with... I really dislike the idea of a healing move as a taunt... One that's buggy no less, sometimes it takes NO time to use, and others, it takes a really long time... I would have preferred KJP to just make taunts, not moves in the taunt slot...My only exception to this is, charging taunts. But the down B is pretty much that in a move form, so... There's no need for taunt moves this time.

His wait animation looks strange. But I love his running animation. Very nice. Back A air and Neutral A air are the same, so they are ok. I have ideas for those if you're interested in hearing them.
    Hm... Yeah, the idle pose is kinda odd... In a bad way...

Also, new moves for back, and neutral air would be nice, but only if they serve a similar use as the old ones.

Also... I had the thought when using the Side-B and Up-B... Since it makes a metal sound, wouldn't it be cool if when doing the move, you animated him to be coated in metal for the duration of the move?
    If that's possible, it would fit well.

Also, is it possible to have that happen to him when he gets the smash ball? Like... call it Metal Coat or something. That might even be a good Final Smash to have. Call it Iron Defense and give him hella super armor and stronger/faster attacks. *Shrugs* just a suggestion.
    Hm... Seems a bit much to code... I'd prefer that KJP save the coding space for the move set itself.

Now then, on to things not listed here.

As someone else said, you should be able to angle the up B a bit, so that instead of going diagonally upward, you can go straight up too. Perhaps to compensate 4 jumps if you do that, the up B could go less far, and not have the second part. But, it can be angled straight up, as well as diagonally.

Also, what about changing the animation on forward smash? I thought you were gonna change it to X-Scissor?

Also... I still kinda miss the old down smash, since that one could kill. I think even SDo0m agreed that it was good move wise the way it was, just needed a new animation to not feel as much like Falco's, but the way it worked was PERFECT for that neutral B. Plus your foe can tech this new one, leaving you WIDE open for a counter attack.

Anyway... I think I'll play test this more. But I think you should have waited longer before releasing this version.
    « Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:24:47 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2698 on: January 31, 2012, 05:47:03 AM »

I see. I'll make an update eventually. I'll keep the taunts, but I'll remove the effects. But it is not possible at the moment to make a character be covered in metal during a move.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2699 on: January 31, 2012, 07:17:49 AM »

Fox's Upsmash is a Kill move too and you can combo with it. I believe Wolf's is too.

As a matter of fact, a lot of characters have Up smashes as Kill Moves and they can be combo'd with. Your reason for it not being able to be combo'd with is a bad one. It shouldn't only be useful to use at high percentages. At the very least if they happen to not die from it, you should be able to follow up still. Even Bowser can follow up his up-smash with a combo if it doesn't kill his opponent. At this point, the best way to use Scizor's is to Dash into it to make up for the lack of vertical range. But even thats not the issue... the issue is that it should still be useful at low levels too, and the amount of end lag it has makes it blah until you can kill with it.

And why would he not want a Down B air (or down A air)? Did I miss something? Its a move like any other... It wouldn't hurt for it to be... yanno... an another move.

And for the Forward A Air... I get that its a kill move. But that doesn't excuse it for being insanely hard to hit with. I understand making it hard to hit yes, and I'm not even so much complaining about the move, but how hard it is to land because of how the jumps are. Another reason why I suggested 4 smaller jumps instead of 1 long jump and 1 short jump. Its just to hard to connect for it to be a kill move.

About the charge...

Lucario can cancel his Aura Sphere
    Squirtle can cancel his Water Gun
    R.O.B can cancel his disc thingy
    Samus can cancel her Charge Shot

So I don't see how being able to cancel out of charging Razor Wind is so out of the question... Its a long charge move. If you're in a serious fight, chances are you're not going to have the time to charge it anyway so that just makes it semi-useless because you'll never have the opportunity to charge it fully. Best case scenario, you start charging the moment you send the opponent flying and hope they take long enough for you to finish it. Not including multi man fights. Its totally not getting used during those fights. >_>

But I will agree with you that Rest can go. I don't dislike taunt-moves like you do Data_Drain but its not exactly needed and if its glitch, it can go.

The forward smash already looks like X-Scissor imo...  And I like the Down Smash. Its not a kill move, and its good for combos. And I do agree with you that custom animations for the Nutral Air and back air would be cool but its up to KJP about that one. They work fine IMO.

Pages:  1 ... 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 ... 451
    Print
    Jump to: